“Overall good” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
“Overall good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This older Best Western could use some refurbishing (e.g. carpets) but overall, and for a reasonable price of about $80 this was a good stay. The staff was efficient and friendly and the room was clean, though the carpets clearly need to be replaced. The air conditioner worked, but was a little slow to cool the room on a moderately warm day. Eventually got cool. Several restaurants/fast food nearby. Provided towels for cleaning motorcycles.

Stayed June 2013
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Dennis F.,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I are humbled by our comments. We take great pride in our hotel and we are constantly looking for ways to improve. We have began to our multi-year renovation project. We hope to see you again the next time that you're passing through Danville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Xenia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Overall a very good stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Accommodated our needs. Staff member Shamera Hoskins is a super employee.there was no resultant or fitness center to rate. The staff recommended an good restaurant to go to and also gave great directions. The breakfast was good, and rooms were very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello Kenneth G,

Thank you so much for your kind words and the great review. I am glad to see that you had enjoyed your stay at the BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn. I will ensure my staff will get a "high five" for a job well done.

Thank you again. If I can be of assistance do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel or by email at gm@bestwesternriversideinn.com. We look forward to having you as our guest during your next stay with us.
Big Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's four stars for a Best Western. If you're looking for a Hyatt or Hilton you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for a quiet, clean, well run Best Western you'll be happy. Honestly, we stayed here because hotels in Champaign (our destination) were all full for a marathon. This is about 30 minutes away, all freeway and the hotel is not far off the freeway. Room was clean and everything worked. Finding a Keurig coffee maker in the room was a nice plus. The people at the desk did their job well. Continental breakfast was just okay but nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Montebr,

Thank you so much for your kind words and the great review. I am glad to see that you had enjoyed your stay at the BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn. My staff and I are humbled by your comments.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I base my reviews on several criteria then average the score. I don't give concessions for a hotel being in a certain place or other, I base them as fairly as possible directly against other hotels I've stayed at in the past. In other words being good for Danville, IL doesn't earn it extra points as a hotel in Manhattan.

Here we go!

Location:
Danville is not the greatest place to be in and there honestly isn't a location here that is great. The plusses are that this and the Days Inn (terrible hotel) are the only hotels in Danville that are near restaurants and grocery stores. With that said the choices for the restaurants are pretty limited. Unless you like grease and more grease. Except for the Subway (which might be out of business) the restaurants are limited to fast food/burger places. There are a couple decent Mexican restaurants, one is a sit-down, in the area, but there are no nice restaurants. The neighborhood is a bit rundown and seedy as well. There is a forested riverside area next to the hotel but they've made sure you do see it by building a very high fence next too it. Too bad.
Rating: 3 Stars

Appearance:
It's old but clean. Pretty much ugly 2 story building in a big ugly parking lot next to a big ugly parking lot. As I mentioned above it is next to a river and some woods, but they are pretty much blocked off. Pretty ugly in general.
Rating: 2 Stars

Interior:
It's nicer and newer inside than out. I don't care for the decor, but it is decent. There's a small lobby and breakfast room. All are clean and in good shape. Nothing to be excited about however. One note to make, I am sure there is an elevator, but I never saw one. Only 2 floors and I went up the lobby stair all the time. This is actually nice that they have stairs that look like they are designed to walk up, not just use in case of fire.
Rating 3 Stars

Staff/Service:
I had a super-nice-friendly person check me in. The guy in the breakfast room in the morning however, seemed annoyed that people were around, didn't acknowledge anyone and glared at people frequently. When he checked me out he seemed put out. I didn't have any other interaction however or any other problems.

Room:
Room is in good shape. There is a fridge and a Kuerig coffee maker. The coffee provided is "meh" but you could get your own. The room is large and nice and everything worked. There is no desk, but a table and a recliner that looks as though it was stolen from a frat house.

Bed:
Nice bed. Big, comfy, and new. I slept well. Best rating of the review.
Rating: 4 Stars

Not very good. There is an outdoor pool that is closed during the winter. No gym and I didn't see a business center or an elevator. There may be one. Internet is free and fast, but not secure. Don't log in to your bank from this wireless.
Rating: 2 Stars

Breakfast:
Awful, just awful. The worst part of my stay. Little choice, the eggs tasted bad and the breakfast is the same everyday. Horribly greasy bacon and eggs. Frozen waffles heated in a microwave, and stale cereal. Terrible pastries which are probably the kind you buy and the discount grocery store and have more high-fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils than flour. Another bad thing is there are only 2 tables in the breakfast room which are frequently full. 2 Tables and a couch and coffee table. My recommendation, go to one of the fast food places and eat there.
Rating: 1 Star

Value:
Average. Not a bad hotel, but not great. This town really needs some better hotels nearby.

Overall Rating:
Categories: 9
Total Stars: 24
Rating: 2.667 stars rounded up to 3.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Ryynoo,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay and any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I have personally responded to you regarding your stay. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

My staff and I are focused on improving. Thank you for your stay.
Saugatuck, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I recommend this hotel for convenience and it is quiet even though on a main street. It is close to restaurants and the hospital as well as the downtown business area. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and it seems to be well managed. Although it is an older building, the rooms are updated and comfortable. Oh, and the coffee is good!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello C S from Michigan,

Thank you so much for your kind words and the positive review. I am glad to see that you had enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant experience at the BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn.

My staff and I are constantly looking for ways to improve. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, and my staff and I appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Danville area.

Thank you again. If I can be of assistance do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel or by email at samirnaik@bestwesternriversideinn.com

St. Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is an older property and there have been some updates-the bedding, granite bathroom vanity and bathroom. The sink is outside of the bathroom which is very handy with two people getting ready. It seemed pretty clean. The coffee pot in the room is a Keurig. There is a frig but you have to go downstairs to use a microwave. The second floor is walk up if that will be an issue. The only issue we had was with breakfast. It is as with many places, carb heavy. They do put out some eggs and bacon but you have to get there early to get that. The coffee pots were empty as well the first day we were there. There did not seem to be an attendant for the breakfast. There is a McDonalds next door which was handy.

Room Tip: On one side the rooms face a Mcdonald's and on the other side, a river and trees.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hello Wekick,

My staff and I are constantly looking for ways to improve. I am currently evaluating our breakfast and I can assure we will correct the issues you had mentioned in your review. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, and my staff and I appreciate your feedback.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Housekeeping did a very good job. We had a refrigerator that needs to be replaced. We lost 2 meals in it. I reported it wasn"t cooling properly and your staff just turned it to max, then it froze our drinks. Then I turned it down just below max and it was room temp inside the next morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello Loyal Best Western Traveler,

We are glad to see you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. I am very sorry for the negative experience related to the refrigerator in your room. We have replaced the fridge in the room, but we did not get it delivered in time during your stay. I am again very sorry.

I have sent you correspondence in the mail and I hope it will help resolve this negative experience. My staff and I would again like to thank you for your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Danville.

Samir Naik

Been to BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!