“Nice place to stay. Great pool on a hot day.” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Nice place to stay. Great pool on a hot day.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was sooo hot! We drove all day, checked in and hit the pool! Wonderful- felt so much better. This is a clean, comfortable and reasonable hotel. We have stayed here probably 3-4 times on the way to Savannah and it's been good every time. The breakfast is nothing fancy, but it gets you going down the road. Beds are comfy and you can walk to the Mexican restaurant up the street, there is also a Mc Donald's next door. Our room was on that side and we heard nothing, it was very quiet. It not fancy or trendy, but it's clean, safe, and a very good value. The staff was friendly, and Justin my review is legitimate- in an area where most hotel rooms are over $100 you are not going to a better deal than this .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Camsyn,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. My staff and I are humbled by your comments. We are continuously focused on improving our hotel and customer satisfaction.

We would again like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Danville.

Samir Naik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Davenport, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This might be the best Danville has to offer, it's not horrible but it certainly doesn't deserve some of the previous glowing reviews! I mean, how much does it take to remove cob webs from windows, sweep dry dead bugs from the entry and wash windows? I found a full cigarette in the window track in our room, a non smoking room. The carpets were stained and unvacuumed, the wood trim beyond scuffed, the pool area littered with debris. We were in Danville because our car broke down, it was at the dealership being fixed so we requested a late check out. Our request was denied...as I left our room the maid was waiting outside in the hall...ours was the last room she had to clean that day - it was 11am on a Monday morning! I would agree, the staff were friendly and seemed to genuinely want to assist, however there is nothing excellent about the beds or the decor. The restaurants that are close are Subway across the highway, McDonalds next door and a couple other sad fast food spots. I guess it's not a bad place if you have to be in Danville, but if you have a choice....keep moving!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Bis54,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. I would like to assure this is an isolated incident and we have used this as a training tool for our employees.

I have attempted to reach out to you to apologize for this inconvenience. We have provided you with compensation for your inconvenience, and I can assure this will not occur again. My staff and I take customer care and satisfaction very seriously; and with your comments and suggestions we are focused on improving.

Should your future plans permit a return to Danville, please feel free to contact me directly at 217.431.0020 or by email at samirnaik@bestwesternriversideinn.com; so that I may personally oversee your accommodation arrangements and hopefully restore your faith in us.

Thank you for your time and patronage.

Findlay, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed two nights because we were in town visiting my family. We have stayed there several times and we are always satisfied with our stay. We got a room with a king bed and it was very comfortable. My only gripe was that it didn't have enough blankets which is just personal preference. It had two sheets and a thin blue blanket. there were like five pillows on the bed which I loved! However they were a bit soft, not a big deal at all though. The shower was great, the frigerator was convenient, and the free WiFi was awesome. We didn't make it to the free Continental breakfast I have had it before and it was ok. There is a McDonald's right next door and a donut shop south of there if you want something more. There is also a charming breakfast place north of Gilbert St. Checking in and out was simple. We paid $62 and some change each night for the two night promotion. Housekeeping did great. She freshened up the room so well our second day, you never would have guessed we were staying there (minus our luggage!). I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and they only have stairs so we had to haul our luggage up the stairs...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello Denise B.,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words. We are humbled by your comments and I will ensure that this will be shared with the rest of our team. My staff and I are continuously focused on improving the guest experience at our hotel.

Thank you again.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed in a King room on the second floor. The interior is extremely outdated. The bed was uncomfortable. The bedding was not the big puffy comforters that other hotels spoil you with. It was thin and uncomfortable. The television was an old style CRT type, not a flat screen. I asked for a late check out (noon) and was denied. Checkout at the riverside is 11 am. They put a $150 hold on my credit card, which has still not been removed a few days later. I have stayed at 5 star resorts that only put a $50 hold on your card. What on earth could possibly cost $150 dollars here? There's no room service, no services to speak of. Why do they need to hold $150? This is the dumpiest Best Western that I have ever visited. I travel for a living and not once have I even thought about writing a negative review. I actually signed up for Trip Advisor because I needed to get this out of my system. I really doubt that all of the positive reviews here are legitimate. I will be writing reviews in the future about my positive experiences. This unfortunately was not one of them. Don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Justin W,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us in Danville. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the troubles that you experienced during your stay.

Please be assured I have personally spoken with the front desk staff regarding your stay expressing the necessity for professionalism and guest satisfaction. We take customer care very seriously at our hotel. The hold on your Credit Card for the amount of $150 was to cover any incidental charges incurred during your stay (smoking in non-smoking room, sundry shop items, telephone charges, and any other cost incurred items). Since your reservation was booked via an online travel agent, we had to place the hold on your credit card. Your reservation was booked as a standard room type online; an upgrade was available into our deluxe accommodations (Keurig Coffee Maker, Plush beds, Upgraded down alternative blankets, premium pillows, lap desk, etc) at a minimal fee. The rate plan, which was booked, did not have a late checkout option available. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Our property is scheduled for television replacement by August 2012 to a flat panel LCD with HDTV.

My staff and I take all forms of feedback seriously and we do not bolster our reputation with false reviews. Our online reviews are legitimate users who have not been influenced by hotel staff. I am again very sorry for the troubles you had experienced and I hope you will give my staff and I another chance to serve you in the future.

Should your future plans permit a return to Danville, please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally oversee your accommodation arrangements and hopefully restore your faith in us.

Thank you again for sharing your observations and I assure you we are using them for improved guest service experience.

Best Rewards,
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here on our trip back from north carolina and it was a very pleasant experience. It was really close to a bunch of restaurants and not far from the highway. The rooms had excellent beds and updated decor. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed them. The breakfast was very delicious too. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2011
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear Shischkabob,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words. We are humbled by your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. We enjoyed having you and I hope you have a great day.

Louisville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Dori is a doll! She has got to the the nicest person I've ever met working at any hotel, and my work takes me all over the country, so I've met a lot of hotel staff. I've stayed in 4-5 diamond hotels and 4-5 stars and this Best Western is just fine. Hubby and our Son stayed here in 2010 for a month and a half, and this time hubby and I stayed here going on 3 months. We were in one room on 2nd floor which was nice. Had to leave for two weeks then when we came back we got the king suite. Not sure if it was in the a/c but both hubby and I came down with viral pneumonia. ER visits prove it. We moved out of the king suite and into a regular king room and enjoyed the rest of our stay. The Housekeeping ladies are just as sweet as they can be and they do a fantastic job. Linens and bedding always smelled fresh. Caution though, there are two racoons that come out at dusk and go into the dumpster. The lighting in the back parking lot really needs to be brighter. It's scarey out back there. That is the only reason why I didn't give an extra dot for excellent. We'll see you all next year!! Always keep making progress!!! Oh yeah...get that dryer fixed!!! We pumped 5 sets of quarters into it in hopes of it drying tshirts and socks/undies and even after five cycles the laundry was only half dry.You should invest in the stack-able washer dryer combos. You could fit two or three stacks in that room and your customers would love it! Thanks everyone! Chuck and Linda Irby Louisville, GA

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Irby,

I would like to thank you for your kind words. I have passed on your comments to our staff and they are humbled by them.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced with certain parts of the hotel and guest rooms. I would like to assure you we have replaced the HVAC unit in your first room and have throughly inspected the room. I can assure you this issue has been resolved. I have also corrected the lighting in the back of the parking lot and the issues with the dryer have been resolved. The dryer is in the process of being replaced and until the dryer is replaced we are not charging for using the main laundry facility dryer for our guests.

I am again very sorry and I hope to see you again next year. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Best Western Riverside Inn

I am again sorry
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last month. The staff was extremely friendly, room was very clean. Can't say enough nice things about the staff - service was absolutely above and beyond excellence. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Dear Istate,

I would like to thank you for your kind remarks. My staff and I are humbled by your comments and we greatly appreciate your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future. If I or my staff can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. We enjoyed having you and I hope you have a great day.

Best Western Riverside Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!