“comfortable quiet stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Danville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Danville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Danville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   388 Eastgate Drive, Danville, IL 61834 (Formerly Ramada Inn Danville)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Danville, Illinois
“comfortable quiet stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was a birthday for my son and we decided to book the hotel room. It was really a pleasure having room at a newly renovated danville inn & convention center. The hotel is completely different and all are good. The staff was extremely helpful.Room was clean and comfortable. Room was even equipped with a pull over couch and upon pulling out there were bed sheet and pillow and blankets already in the drawers. It was a very convenient and helpful. I would recommend everyone to get a room at a reasonable price at this hotel.

Room Tip: clean and comfortable just renovated rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Prague, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Worse than the Bates Motel in the movie....
Scary, Scary, more than Scary!!!
Our group booked 30 rooms ahead of time coming from Minnesota for a sports event, hoping to lay our heads in a decent place. It was a great thing that the coordinator arrived earlier than the rest of the group because her group that traveled their together because they surveyed the entire hotel and it was unfit to make the group stay there.
There was a mold smell throughout, all wallpaper coming down, nobody at the front desk, all lights were off inside except the foyer, no heat was on.
Needs to be shut down and torn down!!! Our group is not high end and just needs a reasonable clean place to stay but this was even unfit for a boarding house for my dog:-)

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Danville Inn was a basic place to stay but the service was tops. I requested the breakfast room be opened early at 4am so I could see the royal wedding live and not wake up my husband. Unfortunately that could not be done but the night manager gave me a key to an available room on the same floor as our room just to watch TV. I watched the Royal wedding in comfort and then my husband came back to watch TV while I slept in our room.
We were refreshed for our events the next day. It is an older hotel in need of much updating. The indoor pool was big and clean. Good value for families as long as you don't need fancy sinks and plush towels.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Carlyle, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Tried to stay checked in with my credit card, got to the room, opened the door and the inside smelled of mold. The bathroom had pubic hairs on the seat. The room smelled so bad I told them to charge back my card I searched until I found another room elswhere.. Do not go here. Pay the extra money to go somewhere clean!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Aurora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We were traveling for a sports tournament with 5 other families with small children. Everyone else had their own complaints, but just in our room, tv didn't work, remote was missing. Half of the lights didn't work or didn't have an outlet to plug into. The water in the bathtub came out almost red at first, I'm guessing from the rust. The website doesn't show what the whole hotel looks like and is very misleading. It was overall just a dirty place to stay. I would not recommend for anyone to stay here, especially with children. It is definately worth paying an extra $20 to stay at a near by hotel. They were very polite when asking for a refund for the 2nd night we were supposed to stay.

• Stayed March 2011
Ofallon, il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I normally don't comment about things like this but...

This hotel is absolutely DISGUSTING!!! When I walked in to my room and smelled the litter box fresh scent, I knew I was in for a treat. Half the lights didn't work, the TV didn't work, the water was brown when I turned it on, the "refrigerator" was hotter than my room. I even felt itchy after sitting on the bed (I'm pretty sure this part was in my head). The bath tub and toilet were both stained a dirty color. It was loud outside the room because even if someone else just shut the door, you could hear it in your room. If I hadn't gotten there so late AND all the hotels close hadn't been booked, I would have left immediately. I did however leave the next morning and checked in elsewhere as soon as they had an open room.

On top of that, they have a HUGE sign right out front that says King bed rooms for $49. They charged everyone that was in our group (8 rooms) a different price... none of them were $49. We all booked at the same time. We all left the next morning, so it wasn't just me. It also wasn't just our group, others were leaving too.

I'm telling you, if you stay here you will regret it.

P.S. - I'm not really giving you the extra cash, but seriously, it's not worth it at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chicagoland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

Were forced to stay here because our crew couldn't drive any farther and there was a football game in town so nowhere else was available.

The desk lady did a good job helping us, - she tried hard- was strange that her boss called and helped her on the phone by watching her on the security camera

Rooms dirty, I pulled off the bedspread and slept in my clothes. Bathroom was mostly clean. Lots of kids running around all night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Danville? Share your experiences!