“Great Midwest stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Danville
Danville, Illinois
“Great Midwest stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We live in this area and needed a place to stay while our house was getting fumigated. We chose the Hampton as a part of the Hilton hotel family and were very happy with the stay. The room was nice and spacious with a wonderfully comfortable king sized bed. The pool and whirlpool tub were clean and nicely appointed. The staff was super friendly and the free breakfast was served in a nice room by a very friendly employee. The room was beautiful and the employee kept everything really clean and stocked all during the breakfast hour. The cost isn't terribly high - you could stay at another loca hotel for $20 or so less but we've checked out a lot of them and they are not as clean and well maintained as the Hampton.

There are railroad tracks nearby, but the noise wasn't enough to keep us awake.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I stayed in Danville after a long day of driving from the South, last night of a driving vacation to Florida and decided to treat myself to a Hampton as I knew they were generally nice hotels and this one looked new and quite exquisite in appearance. Well I was right, it had only been open a few months. However the area seemed deserted as there were maybe only a few cars in the parking lot. And inquiring at the front desk the price seemed steep, even compared to some oceanfront hotels earlier in my stay. So, I inquired about any other hotels they thought were ok for the area and honestly, they sold me on the Hampton. The run of the mill places are really not that much less. I soon found out this is an area with quite a few companies located here with a number of business travelers. It made sense then that only a few rooms had been rented on a Friday night. I felt like I had to whole place to myself!

The staff here is so welcoming and wonderful. They really make an effort to ensure a pleasant stay. The room was very nice and comfortable. There is a business center, a nice exercise room and a pool and spa. All are in superb condition.

The shock was the next morning's breakfast. Here's this huge spread in an area with a large long table, like something out of a palace. A huge high-ceilinged room with tons of granite and teak, and with all kinds of beautiful furnishings. All of the expected Hampton selections, hot and cold foods, all wonderfully laid out, and they do this even if there are only a few guests. I had a nice chat with the woman who managed the buffet. Everyone here really has their heart into working here and everyone was just great.

The only complaint I could even think of might be is some railroad tracks nearby and you could hear some train whistles, but it's not anything too bothersome. Being this a new hotel I hope its management keeps it up and treats their employees well. They certainly deserve it.

• Liked — Beautiful facility with superb service
  • Disliked — Train whistles could be heard
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Danville? Share your experiences!