“Best in Danville area Sleep Disturbed by Trains” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   370 Eastgate Drive, Danville, IL 61834   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Central Illinois
“Best in Danville area Sleep Disturbed by Trains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The facility and staff were excellent. Very clean and well maintained. The staff was pleasant and willing to go the extra mile. The only downside was that on three different occassions between midnight and six in the morning, the loudest train whistles I have ever heard awakened me. The hotel can't help this, but it did disturb my sleep.

This hotel is located in an area called "Eastgate" which is approximately ten miles or at least a ten or fifteen minute drive east of Danville. There are several motels/hotels in that area that are newer than the two or three hotels that are located in the city of Danville. Alll of the motels/hotels at Eastgate have to deal with the noisy trains.

Their shower was different than typical Hampton. No tub, walk in shower stall with sliding glass doors, and a great shower head and pressure. Loved the shower, and the bed was great.

Eastgate is in an area without any evening entertainment, or dining beyond a couple of fast food franchises.

If you want a nice dinner, drive east on I-74 another five or so miles to teh Beef House Restaurant near Covington Indiana. NIce Salad Bar, and have built their reputation on quality beef. They have non-beef alternatives as well.

The hotels in Danville are the Best Western and Days Inn. The Trip Advisor reviews on those properties do not appear to be that good.

If I needed to stay in Danville again I would definitely stay at Hampton. If I just needed to stay in central Illinois and was able to drive 30-40 minutes I would choose to stay in Champaign IL. Not as run down as much as Danville, more to do, and significantly better restaurants/libations.

Room Tip: If you must stay in Danville this property is the best. The only negative was the three different tr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in the Danville area. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel! I am sorry that the train noise disturbed your sleep but glad to know that we exceeded your expectations in all areas that we can control.

I hope we will see you here with us again at the Danville Hampton Inn & Suites. We truly appreciate you choosing us while in our area!

Melissa Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

A nice clean Hampton Inn in an area where there aren't a lot of higher-end options. I was especially pleased with the staff. The breakfast area staff were very attentive to cleanliness in the area, and the cleaning staff had the room made up by 10:00 am. I would recommend this hotel if Danville is your destination.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while in the Danville area!

We really appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the staff. I will make sure to pass on your comments to our team, they really take pride in giving our guests a great stay and will be glad to hear that someone noticed!

Hope we will see you again soon at the Hampton Inn & Suites- Danville, IL!

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Danville, IL is just off the Lynch Road exit next to the Holiday Inn. It's a bright beautiful new hotel with a nice fitness room, pool and hot tub. The rooms are very nice and come with a microwave and mini frig. Very stylish and comfortable.

The front desk staff where very helpful and the complimentary breakfast has a great variety.

Room Tip: Rooms have Microwave and mini frig.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel!

I am glad you we exceeded your expectations and I hope we will see you again next time you travel thru our area!

Anderson, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We checked in around 8:30 PM on Friday night, We were in our room only a few minutes and I could see red toenail clippings (lots) all over the floor between the beds! I immediately called the front desk, she said she would be right up. Ten minutes later, I called her back, I insisited on a different room, after a long pause......she said to come downstairs and she would give us a different room. The next room was just a few rooms away from the first room, so I doubted if it had been cleaned much better. The room appeared to be clean but very worn,,,marks and smudges on the walls, just looked wore out amd dingey. The carpeting in the hallway was pretty filthy at the elevators and the throw rug in front of the front desk was absolutely filthy!
My husband called down for an early mornng wake up call, 4:45 AM, guess what, it never happened!
We were gone from sun up to sundown on Saturday for the race event which brought us to Danville, no time to move to another hotel.
Today, Sunday when we checked out, it was the original, not so helpful clerk. When we told her we were not 100% Hampton guarantee satifaction, she was disgruntled, eventually refunded one night, stating she can't refund anymore. So the moral of the story is.... move if you aren't satified, she didn't really care one little bit! I hope to be contacted by the manager, I would love to talk with him personally!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kasey A, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I’m also extremely sorry about the unpleasant service you received from our front desk staff. I’m currently looking into this. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have concerns.
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel is right off of I 74 as you are getting to Danville from the east. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were updated and very clean. Their front desk staff was very friendly and the breakfast was more than your standard standard free breakfast fare. The walk-in rate was affordable. I will stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a decent, clean hotel with only one real issue: We got a double-queen room and discovered that neither bed had nightstands or lights on both sides! Do they seriously think that couples don't sleep in the same bed when they wind up in a double-queen? Beyond that, nothing special: The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn breakfast: good for a free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pecatonica, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I had a hard time finding the drive to get back to the hotel. Staff was pleasant. Pool was nice but the air was hot.
Breakfast was very good, food was hot and there was a nice variety.
I was on the top floor and there were spots when I stepped that made a lot of noise. I felt bad for the people below me. Also. In the morning, I could here the room next to mine shower turning on and the other side room's tv.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Danville? Share your experiences!