“It is The Forester now no more IHOP. Average food with good service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of IHOP

IHOP
6606 Northwest Hwy, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
815-356-3965
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 104 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
“It is The Forester now no more IHOP. Average food with good service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went to The Forester for breakfast. The restaurant recently changed from IHOP.
I ordered coffee,corned beef hash, eggs over well done,hash brown and English muffin. Coffee came quickly and hot. My server also brought a pot as well. That was great for me since I like lots of coffee in the morning. Food was brought out quickly. My eggs were hot and prepared to my liking. However the hash brown was luke warm and chewy. I like my potato well done and crispy. The corned beef tasted from a can and just heated up on a cook top. Worst of all my English muffin was dripping with 'real' butter according to my server. I asked my server why they buttered the muffin and she told me that's what they do at Forester. I was offered a dry English muffin if I would like that. I also asked how would one knows that's what Forester does if that was one's first time there? Again she said she would offer a dry toast if requested.
Overall The Forester is similar to IHOP. Food is really nothing stand out, average but your tummy would be full. I might find breakfast elsewhere next time.
Yum!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Barrington, IL
“IHOP IS NOW CLOSED. Same owner has renamed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

MEH. Breakfast was average. There is a new name and darned if I can't remember - something like North Woods?? I could be wrong. Seems like the same staff and we are told it is the same franchise owner with a different restaurant name. I swear the change over happened overnight. I travel through C.L. pretty often. I personally hated IHOP. It was over-priced with poor service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cary, Illinois
“Small portions. Dirty tables.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have eaten here many times.....why? We don't really know. Often the table or booths are still sticky. Tonight my bench had two crayons from a previous diner? My napkin was stained before I used it? The portions were teeny tiny. Viva la French Toast should have two eggs...received barely one. Same with the other family members. One son upgraded to get 3 eggs with his meal, he received maybe 1.5. We took some pictures and will upload shortly. Pancakes were good so was French Toast. The owner of this IHop is very particular on the use of coupons. To the point of annoying signage on door and in waiting area. One year we went on a weekday on December 23 and were told we couldn't use a coupon as it was a holiday. We guess they had a pre-Christmas Eve holiday celebrated only at IHop?

Visited June 2013