“Homemade Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Los Altos Hills, California, United States
“Homemade Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We ate here whilst visiting Lassen National Park in August 2012. The food was excellent. All fresh and homemade. We ate chicken parmigiana, shrimp with basil and tomato and chicken siciliana. All came with salad or soup and we were served freshly baked bread rolls. The service was friendly and efficient. Great atmosphere and good value.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Durham, North Carolina
“Very good pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place is a family run restaurant. The son was the waiter, dad the cook and mom a bit of everything else. Food was excellent. It is all pasta, but thats what the restaurant is named for. Generous serving well prepared. And they don't skimp on the protein - I had chicken and my wife shrimp and there was plenty of both. The appetizer we wanted was out but they had prepared another not on the menu that he suggested and it was very good Dessert was nice too. Only complaint is the wine is way overpriced. I am used to wines being double the cost I could buy them for, but these were 3X the cost of purchasing them yourself. A Bogle wine for 30+ bucks - I can get this for 10$ (less at Costco). But overall a very good experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danville, California
“Charm and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have enjoyed many wonderful dinners here being served by this hard working family.
However, July 12th was the highlight. When my husband said we were bringing a group in for my birthday, precious Tanya made me a homemade birthday cake that was magical. We treated our friends to our two favorites, spinach ravioli with cadillac sauce and rib eye steaks with gorgonzola. It was perfect.
We requested the Italian Opera CD and all got up to dance. So Fun!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Yummy! service was quick and the food was great. In future I would ask for dressing on side and no cheese sprinkled on pasta...but did not detract from great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
north east CA
“The Best Restaurant in the Lake Almanor Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We ate here a couple of days ago, and oh my goodness the food was simply wonderful! We did not meet the Chef himself, as the last reviewer did though. I had the Calamari Steak, and my husband had the Shrimp and Crab Ravioli. We've never had better! The service was fast and very friendly. We will be back as often as we can, and we will recommend this place to everyone we talk to. The only negative I can think of is the decor, very bland and boring, but with the quality of the food, you can overlook the decor!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere