“just OK” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Countryside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Run from this place, book elsewhere! The WORST HI I've stayed at. No room WiFi, 1 lamp in dark room, outdated room, double vs queen sized beds, too few electrical outlets for space, again, no room WiFi ( I mean , really?) no windows to open, hVAC crappy - top loud, too hot or too cold. Three out of control wedding s and guests on a Friday night that screamed and yelled until after 4:00AM. Lastly, the refused to spilt the final bill, something all,other HI do. Crappy stay; crappy HI.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear ChDP,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience during your recent stay. I have taken note of your comments. Your feedback will be forwarded to the department involved to address your concerns.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hillsboro, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Beautiful Lobby. Nice, helpful staff. Room was roomy and clean. We had DOUBLE beds. I did not think they even had double beds anymore. My husbands feet hung over the bed, mine were touching the end of the bed, just very comfortable. We returned to our room at approximately 9:45 p.m. after a busy day in Chicago and wanted to relax in the hot tub, only to find out that the hot tub closed at 10:00. NO WiFi in the rooms. No complimentary breakfast in the morning, which we like at other Holiday Inn Hotels. We always stay at Holiday Inn, but do not plan on going back to this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Jennigje123456,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. I would like to apologize the size of your beds fell below your expectations. I am also sorry you were not able to use the hot tub and the in-room WiFi that did not live up to your expectations. For the breakfast, we have our full service restaurant with plenty of options, and we also have breakfast package rates that is available when making your reservations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Countryside hotels

Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The main advantage of this hotel is that it is just 15 minutes drive from the airport and about 25 minutes drive to downtown Chicago.It is located in a small town. Rooms are just average size and quite comfortable. Stayed here due to business near the area and also because I am a Priority Club member.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed only for 1 night, but it was fantastic! The shuttle drivers made sure that we knew where we were going, made sure we were going to be back in time to get picked up, and were very friendly. The Front Desk staff were professional, courteous, and all around great. Our room was clean, smelt great, and the beds were so comfortable.

While the hotel is a bit older, you can see that they are working n the upgrades. Our bathroom door could not open all the way because of the shower rod, and the door stuck when opening a bit, but that was nothing that could be helped.

We missed breakfast, but peeked into the restaurant, and the decor was great.

We can't wait to come back and visit again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I made reservation weeks in advance at the Holiday Inn Countryside-Lagrange for two rooms, one suite and one double bed. Prior to arriving I called ahead and requested an early check-in and was told it would be okay. Once arrived about 2 PM only the double bed was available and was told the suite would be ready about 3PM. Being okay with that I asked if I could be given a call once the room was ready. Since I didn't get the call at 3PM I waited and called at 4PM only to find out the room still was not ready and was told they still had my number and would call me when ready. Finally I called again at 5PM as was told that the room was available, I then inquired as to why the delay and no one called me. I was told that there were several weddings the previous day and there was no mention to call me once the room was ready. Fine
I check in, we go to the room and about 10 minutes later we use the rest room in the suite and the toilet floods over the entire floor. When I notice the water would not stop running I turned off the water supply at the base of the floor to prevent more spillage. I called the front desk and explained in detail what happened and was told that someone would be to my room immediately. After about 13 minutes I called the front desk again asked to speak to the manager and Nicole came to the phone and I explain again in detail what happened and to inform her that no one had shown up. Nicole stated that she would call again and assured me that someone would be there shortly. Within about 5 minutes a gentleman shows up empty handed. He grabbed the bath towels and spread the towels over the rest room floor and left the suite letting us know that he would be right back. I called the front desk again speaking with Nicole informing her, the maintenance man came unprepared and spread bath towels on the floor. She stated he was accessing the situation. The gentleman returned to the room with a stack of folded bath towels and a plunger, spread the towels on the floor and began to unclog the toilet. After which he took his feet and began to wipe up the floor with the towels he spread out on the floor. He gathered the towels and told me he was done. I was shocked.
I called and asked to speak with Nicole and updated her on what happened. The problem I had with this one he came unprepared, two he used bath towels to clean up the floor, three he did nothing to disinfect the toilet or floor upon completion. Nicole said to me "if you like sir I could move you to another room or give you 5,000 Priority Points on your membership." I asked Nicole, as the manager what you think the right thing to do would be, she said "I'll have the points placed on there personally." I ended the phone call with her.
The next morning I was informed by my family members who stayed in the double bed room 621, that the air conditioning unit did not work. They called the front desk the night before explained to them the problem and nothing happened. This would have been James on duty at that time. Upon check out I explained this to Nicole and her response was that she would place 5,000 Priority Points per room on my membership. I smiled, turned in my room keys, got my receipt and left.
I travel a lot through my job and with family and we make every attempt to stay at the hotels within the IHG. I must say that this was the worst experience I've ever had. Being in the Customer Service field I'm a very understanding guy, however I make it clear to my employee's 'Do not disappoint my customers.' And of course she did not keep to her word. WOW

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We came into town for a surprise birthday visit for my father-in-law. My mother-in-law had prepaid our 2 rooms with her visa card. She took care of the transaction online and came 3 times in person to ensure everything was taken care of. She was told that it was. She had a confirmation number, but was told the hotel didn't need it. When we checked in there was no record of her payment. It wasn't on their computer so we were told she would have to come in again and fill out paperwork, provide them with ID, etc. We asked if they wanted to call her to clear up the problem. They did not. We asked if they wanted her confirmation number. They said it wouldn't help. We gave them our credit card information to charge incidentals. The following day was a late one with the family so we did not have my mom-in-law come back to the hotel with us that night. The next night, the woman that handled the transaction in person with my mother-in-law was on duty so we attempted to speak to her. She stated that she didn't recall any of the 3 visits made to pre-pay our rooms and that there was nothing she could do. We let her know that we were unhappy about the situation but would bring her in again the next day. At 11:00pm that night, the night clerk phoned my sister-in-laws room to inform her that if she didn't take care of the problem immediately, we would all be put out of the hotel. This would include my sister-in-law and her daughter, my husband and myself. We were so upset the next morning to hear about this rude phone call that we immediately packed our bags and switched hotels. This is not something we have ever done, but the rudeness and lack of concern in the handling of our situation was just unacceptable at this point. We had a very nice woman check us out. The irony of this saga is that both of our rooms showed up in the system under my mother-in-laws credit card which was in the system the entire time! Why a human couldn't find this information is beyond me. My questions are: where was the night-manager? Why doesn't the computer show prepaid rooms? Why isn't the staff trained to handle this type of check-in if it doesn't show up in the computer? When is it ever okay to treat your customers this badly? I suppose the answer to the last question is, if you want to ensure that they will never return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Countryside? Share your experiences!