“SUPER DUPER” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside

You added BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6251 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525 (Formerly Hampton Inn Chicago Countryside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Countryside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“SUPER DUPER”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

On our summer vacation 2012 to Chicago, we were having a difficult time finding a hotel in the downtown radius. The price point was for downtown was way too high and the days were hit and miss.
This was our first trip to Chicago and we had never been on a train before, the small town of La Grange, where the train station was not too far from the hotel and we rode the train straight to downtown. My kids loved the experience.
The hotel was good, the ride were good, rooms great. Breakfast good. Overall SUPER DUPER.

Rob Ochoa

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear that we've exceeded your expectations. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the staff! We hope you'll consider staying with us again during your next trip to Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

When my husband and I were pleasently surprised. We arrived to a very cheerful and friendly registration clerk. We immediately received our room. When we walked into out room I instantly noticed the bed. I have to say..it was one of the most comfortable beds that my husband and I slept in while we stayed in a hotel. The bed was heavenly and the pillows were like clouds. The room was very clean. I also loved the 3 mirrors in the bathroom. We woke up to a breakfast buffet which was fabulous and very clean. The server worked continuously stocking all the goodies for all the guests to consume. I would defiantly recommend a stay in this hotel again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are so pleased that your stay with us was a great experience, as that is our goal with each and every guest who stays with us. I'm proud that all departments of our team, made your stay a memorable one and I will gladly share your review with them. I must say that your comments as to "heavenly bedding and "cloud" like pillows have also been noted as favorites from our guests. We would love to have you back on your future trips to our area.. Until then, thanks for sharing your experience we truly appreciate your time and efforts in doing so.
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I did enjoy my stay. Just about everything I needed was there. The breakfast was delicious. I particularly loved the fresh fruit. Access to the building was great. I fell in love with the little computer area where free access to the internet was available. The employees that I met were so courteous and felt more like a famiy in regards to my comfort.

I was there because my mother's funeral was taking place that weekend. My son and his wife had secured their stay there a week earlier and I had to find a hotel, at the last minute. I think the only criticism was that I had to ask for water at the desk before going to my room. I kept forgetting to do that. The water should have been there all the time as a complimentary gesture.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dora,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with our property and our family of team members. It brings great pride to know that our family made your family feel at home and comfortable during such a difficult time. My sincerest sympathies on the loss of your mother.
I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and the use of the Business Center. We choose to offer the complimentary bottle of water from the front desk as a great opportunity for our team members to connect with our guests and ensure satisfaction during their stay with us. Our family looks forward to welcoming your family back for future stays while in our area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had home construction going on, and decided to stay at a hotel until the dust cleared. The Best Western Countryside seemed to have the best price and location combination. It did, but that's where the positives ended. Room was outdated, heater kept clicking on and off all night long, with a significant draft coming from the window. Carpet was dirty and aged. Hot water was in short supply. The small tube TV was right out of the 80's with only a few channels, and many of those didn't work. For 2 straight nights there was a college team staying, knocking on doors, being very loud, rude and obnoxious. Not the hotel's fault, but it added to a bad experience.

We had the room cleaned 1 time, only to find the bathroom floor still had hair on it, ice bucket was not emptied of melted ice and smelled. Complementary breakfast is very basic, stick to the breads and juices. Hot items not so good.

If you're looking for a just a room to sleep in, this hotel may be for you. If price is less of an issue, consider others in the area that are in better shape and updated (Holiday Inn next door, Martiott's 2 miles directly west), with a few creature comforts like a working TV and hot water. We stay at a lot of Best Western's, and are loyal to the brand, but this one ranks near the bottom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We urge our guests to share their concerns with us as soon as they experience anything they are not satisified with so we have the opportunity to make it right and allow you to relax and enjoy the remainder of your stay. We sincerly apologize that you did not have the stay you anticipated with us. Rest Assured we have taken your comments seriously and are using them as tool to improve so future guests are satisified while staying with us. Thank you for being our guest and we wish you well on completion of your home construction project.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here prior to an early morning flight out of Midway and couldn't have been happier with our experience. The customer service is superb, hotel is clean, and has everything you need for a basic stay. Upon checkin, we were told that, since we were leaving early in the morning, they could provide breakfast if it was before the scheduled 6am start time. Staff goes above and beyond. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. This isn't a luxury resort, but if you are looking for a nice, clean hotel with hard-working staff, the Best Western is your place! We would, and will most definitely stay again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our team prides themselves on consistently making memorable stays for our guests and we appreciate your recognition of this.

Your feedback will be shared with our team in recognition of their outstanding efforts.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
roseville, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. My stay was very quiet. The room was clean, not too old, but not too new. My co-workers were more than happy with their rooms as well. Breakfast was adequate enough. The coffee was actually fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The best compliment our guests can give us is feedback on their experience with us.

We truly appreciate your review and look forwad to welcoming you back as our guest for years to come.

Been to BEST WESTERN Chicagoland - Countryside? Share your experiences!