“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Collinsville
mom2three
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

Stayed at this hotel during a trip from the far east coast to MIssouri for Thanksgiving. The staff was all very friendly and eager to please. The room was clean and so was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was a very nice experience. I stayed with two teenagers and they both had very good things to say about the experience, which is huge in my book since they don't tend to comment on very many things.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

Just stayed for one night but it was a pleasant experience. The room was clean and comfortable-can't ask for much more than that. There are a number of restaurants close by and you're only a hop, skip, and a jump from St. Louis. Only negative I found was the atrium smells a little musty. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

We go to Collinsville often to visit family in St. Louis. So far this is the nicest hotel. It has 3 levels, a large warm pool and a separate hot tub. The pool area is separate from the main area so it's quiet. The three levels inside overlook the main lower area where they have video games, pool table, golf games, little tykes play land for toddlers, tables and chairs (breakfast area) . The games are cheap and it's great for the kids. The breakfast was your average hotel food. Yogurt, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast. The room was clean and the service was nice. We will be staying again.

• Liked — lots to do in the hotel
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

My daughter and I stayed for a dance convention at Union Station. I received a rate of $63.00 per night through my employment. We had a King Suite. Nice living room area, big bathroom, VERY nice bedroom area. The hotel is very clean, the breakfast buffet was very well stocked with hard boiled eggs, muffins, danishes, yogurt, fruit, juices, milk, cereal and all the makings for waffles. The pool was warm and welcoming. The spa was also very nice. The location is absolutely perfect. It is within walking distance of several restraunts some right next door. I hate driving to St. Louis but the trafiic on the early weekend mornings was manageable even with a St. Patricks day parade going on that Saturday. We stayed at the Hyatt last year for convenience. My daughter definately had more fun at the Comfort Inn. And the price vs. the 106.00 we would have gotten at the Hyatt made the extra drive worth every penny. You have to pay the same amount for parking whether you stay at the Hyatt ot offsite. $12.00 a day. I think valet is $21.00 at the Hyatt is you use that. For the dance covention this area is much better for value and "fun" for the girl's. As for previous reviews I have seen. The lighting could be better in the bathroom. The staff seemed short of help and hurried but never rude. The Ice machine did not work on one floor. I am not a picky person so those things didn't bother me. The happen at the nicest hotels and for this price it can't be beat!

• Liked — The open floor plan made me feel very secure as nothing outside the rooms couldn't be seen by staff.
  • Disliked — One elevator
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Marlton, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

Good thing St. Louis is right around the corner. We decided to still stay here for our 2 night stayover in the St. Louis vicinity, but we were hardly at the hotel, which was a good thing.

We made a reservation months prior to our vacation and we were told the room was a family suite that we reserved. It was supposed to have 2 double beds and a pull-out sofa. We travelled with 5 adults. When we arrived, they told us that they did not have any pull-out sofas, so one of us had to sleep on a roll-away bed for 2 nights, very unpleasant.

The high-speed internet access in the room was more like low-speed, very annoying. The staff here at this hotel were unpleasant as well. The one female that we complained to two nights in a row had no clue how to work in a hotel. She used the excuse of, "oh it's not my shift tonight, but I'll do what I can", in which in turn she used as an excuse for other customers as well (more than 3 other guests had complaints about everything).

The pool area wasn't great. The heated pool was ice cold and the whirlpool was cold as well.

Besides all those problems, I feel that if we had children in our party, it would've been more enjoyable since there is an atrium in the middle of all the rooms with a pool table and arcade games, as well as a little mini-golf putter game. It's more geared towards kids than anything else. Also, the breakfast was quite poor and lacked a lot. When I arrived at the breakfast early, they had no milk and didn't fill it for the remaining 2 hours of breakfast.

I will not stay here again, and lately, this chain of hotels (Comfort Inn) has been quite unpleasant, to say the least. I will not stay at one anymore.

• Liked — Spacious Rooms
  • Disliked — Management
  • Tips/Secrets — Try A Different Hotel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2004

This is our hotel of choice whenever we are in the St Louis area. It is always clean and comfortable with a friendly efficient staff. The pool and whirlpool are well-maintained. The breakfast buffet, although limited like most Choice locations, is always clean and well-stocked.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2004

I was very pleased with the service, cleanliness, and over all hospitality of this hotel. I was a little leary of staying here after reading a comment posted about this hotel. I must say this is definitely a great place to stay. The rooms are huge as well as the pool area and very clean. I will definitely be staying here again this year for my vacation. Great value!!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!