“Pretty Good For The Money...” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“Pretty Good For The Money...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I went here with a friend of mine this past summer. We wanted a place to stay while commuting to St. Louis for a vacation trip, and this hotel was the most "value-oriented" within a reasonable driving distance of the metro area. We checked in and went to our room, which was on the second floor. The lobby and main floor of the hotel were sparsely furnished, and there was a musty smell in the air. The room itself was nice, with two comfortable beds, TV, and mini-fridge. The bathroom was alright, but the walls in the bathroom were paper-thin, and one would be able to hear anything going on in the bathroom.

All in all, the hotel was a good value for the money, but if you want a hotel with more amenities and a more stylish facade, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here while visiting St. Louis for a baseball game. Much cheaper than staying in St. Louis and very convenient to expressway, restaurants, etc. Clean room and facilities and pretty good breakfast. Indoor pool, fitness room and play area for little kids. Microwave in room. Nothing fancy, but fine for a 1-2 night stay for $80 per night. Ask up front when you check in that they not charge you for the safe if you are not using it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fairborn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had a wonderful two suite with a nice soaking tub, refrig, microwave and coffee machine. All the rooms faced a large atrium and on the first floor there was a kids play area and a pool off the end. The bed was firm but why are there always heavy bedspreads and blankets on the bed. The bathroom needed some safety improvements. There was a single tube florescent bulb over the double sinks which meant that the shower area was pretty dark. The particular tiles used in the bathroom were slick when dry (we were wearing flip flops) and we had to be very careful not to slip. We went to breakfast (apparently after a rush) and the eggs and meat were empty. We grabbed a juice and yogurt and headed to a nearby Bob Evans.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Peoria, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I recently stayed there while down there to attend my little sister's graduation from SIUE. The hotel is nice, clean and spacious. My only complaint was the ants I found crawling all over the air/heating unit when I returned my room around 4am. The desk attendent was very helpful and gave me a new room. I woke up to find ants in this room also crawling on the bathroom sink. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Peoria, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I checked into this hotel and when I was issued my room card, it took me to a room on the main floor. Directly outside my door were arcade games, golf putting game, and a large play area for kids. Inside my room was dank and the bed covers had a cigarette burn on them. The furnishings were outdated and the room smelled musty.

I suggest staying at the Drury Inn, nearby, which is where we decided to go the next night!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Greenup, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Not much of a choice for breakfast. Hard boiled eggs, waffles, muffins/bagels and ceral. They only had plain bagels one day and I was there for 4 days. All of the Choice hotels I've stayed in atleast had biscuits and gravy to go along the all of the above items, one of them even had scrambled eggs and sausage too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Kathy at the front desk was very helpful with our reservation. I couldn't get the AAA rate to show on the internet, and she made sure we got the discount and room type we wanted.

It looks like this used to be an Embassy Suites, with the open courtyard effect. We found the room to be good size, with a desk, small refrigerator and a non-flat-screen TV with plenty of channels and free Showtime.

The bathroom was just one room, with the sink, toilet and shower all together. The fan ran constantly and it was LOUD. Wish I could've turned it off. The shower was one of those that you can slide up and down a bar or pull off to rinse, but it wouldn't stay pointing towards the middle of the tub....it kept pointing down towards the drain....and it had very weak pressure. The pillows seemed new and fresh, and I slept really well on the bed. No problems with noise at all, either outside or in, but we leave the fan on Low all night.

The breakfast buffet was the usual white flour options....waffles, bread, pastries, etc. Some oranges and apples. No whole grain options except Raisin Bran cereal, no yogurt. Hard boiled eggs the only protein item. Enough to get you on the road, but I wish more places would serve whole grains.

There's a Bandana's BBQ place next door, and a Ruby Tuesdays across the main street (walking distance, but a very busy road to cross). There's a computer in the lobby, and free wi-fi, although we didn't use it. All in all, we'd stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!