“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Collinsville

You added Days Inn Collinsville to your Saves list
Days Inn Collinsville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Commerce Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Hickory Hills, Il.
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here for two nights (March 23-24 of 2012) for my sisters wedding. The property was clean both inside and out. The room (214) was clean and very spacious, the Air conditioning worked great and there was a dorm sized refrigerator and coffee maker that both worked as they should. We had a non-smoking room and there was not a single hint that anyone had ever smoked in our room, and as a long time non-smoker, I WOULD NOTICE!

The only problem that I ran into was that the toilet seat to water line distance was VERY shallow and when I sat down I would always "dip" the water, the men will know what I mean! I'm wondering if this is because we were in an accessible room? Also, the beds were about 3-feet off the ground and somewhat on the hard/firm side.

There was an Iron and Ironing board in the room along with a hair dryer for the ladies, and the sink and mirror (make-up area?) is outside the bathroom.

The Continental Breakfast consisted of a number of cereals such as cocoa puffs, fruit loops and the like, breads, muffins, danish, make your own waffles, apples, oranges, coffee (both ethyl and decaf), milk, apple and orange juice, instant oat meal. There were no eggs or meats.

The swimming pool is rather on the small side as it is about the size of three 6-person hot tubs with the shallow end being 3 feet deep and the deep end being 4 feet deep. I had intended to use the pool during my stay but my future brother-in-law had a list of last minute chores for me to do that kept me from the pool. During my stay I had seen the pool being used only once by a man who was using it for low impact exercise.

There are numerous eateries and fast food restaurants within walking distance, such as White Castle, Bob Evans, Arby's, Denny's, Burger King and there is also a great Italian restaurant directly across the street (but I forgot the name of it). There is also a gas station (Moto Mart) within walking distance that has a convenience store and lottery.

Check-in and check-out was a breeze and both Sunny (Sneha) and Kerrol (the elderly gent) were very professional, social and at times funny.

The public areas of the hotel were kept clean by a very attentive cleaning crew who are also very personable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

There wasn't anything WRONG with the hotel, per se. In the past, I've stayed at the Super 8, and I think I'll be going back there for the next Archon instead of the Days Inn. The main issue was really that there was no quick way to get there from the convention center on foot. We had to take the road because the field was full of burs that got all over our clothing and hurt.

The breakfast was small. The pool was hardly even a pool (really, a large hot tub that wasn't hot). The rooms were small. Ours smelled a little, and the air conditioner got way too cold even if it was on low.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
sawyerville, il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

A group of us stayed in this hotel the night of wedding reception near the hotel. We were all satisfied. Hotel is still wallpapering the walls of their hallways, but room were Excellent.. Very quiet. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and displayed well. Good job by all and will stay again!!

Room Tip: Also, Great restaurant very near - Ravanelli's - Great Italian food and the best fried Chicken e...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Peoria Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed her over last weekend when we took a trip with the kids to see the sights in St Louis. I picked this hotel because it had an indoor pool, which is a feature that all my children love, and it was definetly worth it. I asked for a room on the ground floor, close to the pool, and it worked out perfectly. We were three doors down. We got into the room, and it was clean, but smelled kind of musty. We opened the window and the smell went away, definetly not a deal breaker. The continental breakfast was good, with the added bonus of a belgian waffle maker. Very fun for the kids. The front desk staff was very accommadating, she even let me get some juice to fill my youngest's sippy cup at bedtime. The location is great, there are lots of restaurants all around, and a Wal-greens if you forgot anything. Not to mention you are a short drive to all that St louis has to offer, without the huge downtown hotel price. Our room had a fridge and a microwave and a coffee pot. The price was great too, all in all it was a great hotel for a short weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Granite City, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 9 days and are very pleased with the experience. Everything was clean EXCEPT the elevator and really, it just needs new carpet. We stayed in two separate rooms, a two-bed on the second floor and a king-size on the third floor and both were spotless. Because of past experiences at other hotels in the area I immediately checked for bedbugs upon entering both rooms and both of the beds were not only bedbug-free but clearly freshly cleaned; I later found out they are also extremely comfortable. The staff was pleasant, and I think I interacted with just about every front desk employee due to my long stay. My only complaints are that the rooms don't have microwaves (although they do have refrigerators) and on the last day of our stay, there was a fair amount of noise in the hallway for a while in the morning. It was shortly before checkout and during housekeeping so it wasn't unreasonable.

As far as the location of the hotel, it's right next to a small waterpark and my personal favorite, a White Castle (who doesn't love White Castle?) I can attest to the chlorine smell in the lobby but the indoor pool is about 10 feet from the front desk so it's to be expected. Overall a very pleasant experience and I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I much preferred the king room to the double-bed room, and the first floor seems noisiest.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Blue Springs, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were in St. Louis for the U 2 360 concert and made prepaid reservation to stay at Days Inn in Collinsville, Il. It seemed pretty great to find this hotel being that we spent about $130 for 2 nights. It was only like 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis, plus there were several attractions close by like a family water park. It seemed perfect!
However, when we arrived at the hotel, it smelled strongly of chlorine. The front desk lady seemed very lethargic in her customer service. We ended up getting a room located on the bottom floor all the way at the end of the hall. We opened the door to the room, and the room didn’t feel or smell very clean.
I always check the room before unpacking. I removed the comforter back from the bed, and there were long strains of hair in various places on the sheets. I pulled the comforter off more, and there were stains; crusty and yellowish in several spots! These sheets weren’t even clean. There were a lot of cob webs all over the room, windows, and in the bathroom. There were several stains on the couch.
I called up to the front desk to see about getting a different room, and she said sure. So we went back up to exchange keys, and my boyfriend said that the room needs to be cleaned. Her only response was oh really. I couldn’t believe it. It was the worse customer service I have ever experienced.
We went into our new room, and it was better. There were a few oil stains on the sheets and cough, but at least they smelled clean. There were some cob webs on the wall, but the room seemed cleaner. However, there was a cockroach that was on the sink.
I have to say that the bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows, and the A/C worked very well on those hot days! The shower and bathroom were decent.
I will say that I have stayed at a lot of Days Inn, and this was such a let down. It is extremely hard to believe the poor customer service and hospitality we experienced on our vacation. My advice to you is to either pick one of the other hotels close by (there are a lot of them) or make sure you check the room completely before unloading your stuff. No refunds for prepaid reservations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Collinsville hotels

Carterville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel three different times this summer while in the area on business, and I thought that this was an excellent value. I was located here each time based on my specifications from Priceline, and for the cost, it cannot be beat. There is a limited breakfast in the morning with a few cereals, danishes, and a wafflemaker. I did not go into the pool. The rooms were clean, although I had to be asked to be moved once because the room smelled like smoke. The A/C was plenty cool for summer, and there were no problems with accessing the Internet. The staff was responsive and friendly. The best part of this hotel is the location. There are tons of restaurants, and shopping within a couple of minutes of the hotel, and it is also located just a few minutes from downtown St. Louis.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Collinsville? Share your experiences!