“Unpleasant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis

You added Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis to your Saves list
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Eastport Plaza Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Steakhouse Gift Card
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
“Unpleasant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am currently staying in this hoyel and I am not pleased to say the least. When first checking in, we unloaded the car and headed for our room, when we got to the 2nd floor (around 9pm) there were piles of dirty towels/sheets lining the hallway. There were also bags of garbage and garbage that wasn't even bagged laying in the hallways. The carpets everywhere were filthy. The nearest elevator was out of order. We got into the room and we to take a shower- tub is stained, mold on the curtain and sealing, hair everywhere. We tried swimming because the picture on the website made the pool look great on a 100 degree day. We get down there and the pool in so full of chlorine you couldn't see anything underwater and my nose is still burning from being in the pool for 10 minutes. Plus there was no hot tub. When we got back to our rooms and ready to go to bed we realized the remote for our tv had been made into the bed sheets! The remote was sitting above the sheets, under the comforter, I am guessing no new sheets from the last guests' the room saw. The wifi doesn't work worth a darn and the cell phone service is terrible. all the staff was awesome but I can't see my family staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel the same night as a large group of high school track and field championship participants - that was the negative. The hotel staff were very nice and even gave us extra cookies. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was amazing, even made to order omelets! We didn't want to stay in St. Louis, and this hotel was a great find. we plan to return again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a great stay at the DoubleTree, despite the fact that the air conditioning wasn't working so well when we were there. The rooms were spacious. There is a great patio/courtyard area for groups to relax in. And the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Midwest, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is an obscure location outside St. Louis across the Missippi River. The people here are a family and they work hard. I called to order room service and happened into a conversation about how bad my travel day was and she said "Can I send you a dessert to make you happy". Thank you Megan B. You made my day- awesome attitude. Spencer brought my food and he said "if you are concerned about your meal call and ask for me". This is touching performance and management. I understand that Stacey Cutler is responsible for this greatness. Thank you. There are several other examples of outstanding comfort at this location. Stacey has knocked it out of the park. I have two small complaints that can easily be fixed. I do no want to dirty your teams greatness with them. Please contact me. Nice work Stacey. I look forward to a long relationship.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a family road-trip to Chicago and stopped at this DoubleTree property as our stop for the night. After driving some 8 hrs, I was pleased to find that this DoubleTree seemed to one of the newer properties. It was nicely appointed and well maintained. Parking was ample and we had no problems checking in even at our late hour. Our room was on the fifth floor and was nice, cool and clean when we arrived. We slept in a bit too late and missed the cut off for the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant but what we saw, it would have been very good. As always however, you can count on those great signature cookies!

If you're visiting the St. Louis area or travelling through on I-55, I'd recommend this property. The value, condition of the property, and location off I-55 are all pluses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a hotel close to St. Louis and this hotel was 10 minutes away from downtown for half the price. The lobby area is very nice and modern and the rooms are very clean. The hallways are a little dated but still good. The Wi Fi in the lobby is good but in the rooms it was a little spotty, like a previous review said, we struggled with our IPhones as well. They have a free business center in the lobby which was great when it came to printing documents. The lobby bar is very nice with reasonable prices especially during their happy hour. The food there was great! The pool was heated at a good temperature but seemed a little dirty (cloudy). The staff from check out to bartenders where all fantastic, the employees really seemed motivated. And finally I really recommend Porter's in the hotel. I was surprised to find a restaurant of that caliber at the hotel, the quality of staff, food and wine was excellent. Yes, it's pricey but similar to what we expect at any high level Chicago restaurant. If there was one thing I would recommend they change it would be the temperature control, it's the old fashion unit next to the window. It blew very cold and it was hard to get a happy medium. It was either too cold or too warm in the room. It prevents me from giving this hotel 5 stars but I would still stay here again bc of the value you get as compared to a downtown hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Gathered with family members for a recent wedding. There was plenty of room to meet in groups, whether outdoors, in lobby or bar or in restaurant or private dining rooms. The hotel was very full and thids never caused a problem, with noise levels or level of service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis? Share your experiences!