“Awesome.” 5 of 5 stars

Edwardsville, IL
21 attraction reviews
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Some of the best cakes, cookies and pastery around. It's best to go early as lines can be long, especially on weekends.

Fairview Heights, Illinois
“The Bakery That Time Forgot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Walk into Kruta's and let yourself drift back to a time when outstanding bakery goods were the norm and not the exception. Everything here is freshly baked mainly because it gets sold as soon as it is put out. The white cake with white icing is really, really good. The frosting is thick and smooth. Add" frosting roses" for an extra nice touch to your cake. My wife got me a cake for my birthday tomorrow. I can hardly wait to eat it! The gooey butter cake, a St. Louis specialty, is extremely gooey and tasty! They have these things called "fudgies" which is devil's food cake, topped with chocolate frosting! I can hardly wait to try more delicacies at Kruta's.

Visited November 2012
Fairview Heights, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
“Heaven for Pastry Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Forget Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts--Kruta's Bakery is ten times better! As soon as you walk inside the aroma makes you salivate and have a tough decision--how much to buy. Cream puffs have custard, made at the bakery, that oozes out with each bite. November begins the Holliday Bread season that draws many to the bakery, but don't wait too long, Holliday bread is offered until the new year. Kruta's is the best bakery and worth the wait if it is crowded.

Georgia
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I grew up down the road, caught the school bus to high school at the corner that the bakery in on. The best bakery I have found, I have lived in four other states and can't find a bakery that comes close, the gooey butter cake is wonderful!! Best coffee cake, bread, cream horns, etc.etc.etc.. Every time I am in the area I never leave town without bringing these wonderful treats back with me. The only problem is this time I only got one gooey butter cake and my husband likes it more than me!

Columbia, IL
21 attraction reviews
“great, old fashioned bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

They have been around a long time. Not always at this location but as a child my parents always ordered holiday bread from them and that was over 30 years ago. They still have the best gooey butter cake around with just the right amount of goo.........cream puffs are real and home made. Great place just farther for me to drive now.

Visited December 2011