Myself, my sister-in-law and my mother in law, who was the object of the treat. My mother in law had turned seventy and myself and my sister in law decided to book her a special treat. I had already stayed at Lough Rynn so I expected something of a smiliar standard if not more. From the start it was like a comedy of errors, nothing went right. I had booked a room for my mother in law and a twin for myself and my sister in law. And what did they have? Two doubles!! They said they could put in a roller bed??? I said no. But they did get it sorted even if it was five o clock when we got our rooms.
At the time of booking I had booked a spa treatment for them both for 5pm. But the friday prior to our leaving my sister in law needed to change her's as she was going to be later arriving. She told them her time and that she would like to change it. No problem. Well low and behold when my mother in law arrived for her appointment(70th birthday treat!!) they said her appointment was for four o clock. I know this is wrong, but the girl was adamant. This was after waiting on our room for two hours and getting charged 18e for a, repeat 'a' one signular scone and one pot of tea. Cead mile failte...hello.
The rooms had no tea and coffe facilites or bathrobes(got bathrobes in the Crowne plaza dublin for 79euro.)No channel guide or even a bottle of water just empty glasses upside down with...nothing. Even the mini bar was empty with no menu to order.
All I need to say folks if you want the real ireland experince and the castle go to Lough Rynn Castle and have a true experince. I have alot more to say but I am annoyed at the level of incompetnece because it was my mother in laws 70th. And also there was no comment card and no one asked us if everything was ok with our stay, bad bad bad. In case any of the hotel staff would like to know more we stayed in room 202 and 304 on the 23rd of August. My mother in law never got her treatment. Shame on you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilronan Castle is one of Ireland’s most luxurious Castle Hotels in Roscommon Ireland, Kilronan Castle Ireland is the ancestral home of the Tennison family and the legendary Colonel King Tennison. It is one of a few Irish castle estates that can trace its history back to royal families. This secluded, luxury, Roscommon Castle hotel is majestically set on the shores of Lough Meelagh, surrounded by over forty acres of breathtaking Irish scenery, lush green pastures, ancient forests and historical points of interest. Approached by a meandering drive that passes acres of magnificent Roscommon lawns, the luxury Castle hotel overlooks a glistening lake which commands the panoramic beauty of the surrounds. Our World Class Spa & Leisure Centre is now open. Relax and unwind in our Pool or let us pamper you with one of our luxurious treatments. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of luxury, comfort and service. You will enjoy old world elegance with modern day comforts. One step inside Kilronan Castle, Roscommon and you are at home. With our warm and friendly atmosphere we will see to your every need, everything has been designed with your desires in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Kilronan Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilronan Castle Hotel Roscommon
- Kilronan Castle Hotel And Spa
- Kilronan Castle Roscommon