The view of the property from the long road was spectacular. There is a lake that is right next to the hotel and it's a beautiful setting. When we walked into the reception area the people behind the counter were very friendly. The reception area was beautiful and had a great old feel to it. Once checked in, you could find the modernization just on the other side of reception. There was a sitting area that had some great old items on the walls but the area itself was more up to date with current furniture. It was a great area, but not really a "castle" feel to it. The room was nice for a 4* hotel.
The Drawing Room was a great place to relax and have a pint of Guinness. The restaurant was very comfortable and the staff were very nice. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and they had a great assortment of fruits, yogurts, cereals and pastries. The hot food was also included in the continental with eggs, bacon, sausage and others.
The property had a few walking trails where you could walk around the lake or just take a leisurely stroll to a couple of viewing points. It was very quiet outside and relaxing.
We wished it had been more old style but for this review it was a great place to stay. We were only there for one night overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilronan Castle is one of Ireland’s most luxurious Castle Hotels in Roscommon Ireland, Kilronan Castle Ireland is the ancestral home of the Tennison family and the legendary Colonel King Tennison. It is one of a few Irish castle estates that can trace its history back to royal families. This secluded, luxury, Roscommon Castle hotel is majestically set on the shores of Lough Meelagh, surrounded by over forty acres of breathtaking Irish scenery, lush green pastures, ancient forests and historical points of interest. Approached by a meandering drive that passes acres of magnificent Roscommon lawns, the luxury Castle hotel overlooks a glistening lake which commands the panoramic beauty of the surrounds. Our World Class Spa & Leisure Centre is now open. Relax and unwind in our Pool or let us pamper you with one of our luxurious treatments. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of luxury, comfort and service. You will enjoy old world elegance with modern day comforts. One step inside Kilronan Castle, Roscommon and you are at home. With our warm and friendly atmosphere we will see to your every need, everything has been designed with your desires in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kilronan Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilronan Castle Hotel Roscommon
- Kilronan Castle Hotel And Spa
- Kilronan Castle Roscommon