“Take the time and drive the extra 6 miles off of I-57 for this prairie gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Longbranch

Longbranch
2713 N 1500 East Rd, Clifton, IL
815-694-9748
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: American
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Take the time and drive the extra 6 miles off of I-57 for this prairie gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was born in the area but moved when I was four. For years and years during visits we went to other local restaurants until one night my uncle said "Let's go to the Longbranch! I was up for something 'new' (to me). The Longbranch sits in the tiny burg of L'erable. Besides a single church the town is basically a few houses and the unmistakably ancient red Longbranch. This restaurant is now the go to dinner venue for my family when we visit. You won't find anything anything 6 miles off of I-57 in Illinois quite like it. They have an actual chef on the weekends -- so make your reservations (yes, actual reservations) ahead of time, it will be crowded and noisy -- but the good kind of noisy -- 'hometown-having-a-great-night-with-all-the-kids-out-noisy'. As family friendly as it gets and surprisingly many young people as well. I hope they never change a thing about the place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food cheap beer good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Tuesday night burger night is spectacular you can even build your own to order..Also Wednesday night taco night is a mad house you won't want to miss

Bourbonnais, IL
“Cowboy Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The name of this restaurant should give you a picture -- and it's probably not far off from the real thing! Their specialty is steak and with good reason - they're done as requested and taste great.