We checked into the hotel as a overnight stay to catch the early morning flight during 28th December 2013. We stayed at room number 217 a Deluxe Room. Property is really good. However Housekeeping and bell boy service is far from Marriott standard. It made us wonder if we are really staying in a Marriott hotel. This review only pertains to our stay in room number 217 including our experience during our stay in this hotel.
While it was a pleasure dealing with Prakash Jayadevan the Hotel manager, however a lot needs to be improved interms of performance management by the Housekeeping Supervisor as well as the Bell Boy's Supervisor.
The issues are stated below:
1) Upon check-in we noticed that their was service lapse from the bell boy as well as the housekeeping team. And slight lack of coordination between the checkin desk and the bell boys.
After concluding our check-in, their was no coordination between the checkin desk and the bell boy to guide us to our floor along with our luggage. We happened to see one bell boy in front of us and asked him to bring our bags to our room, however he told us to get in touch with the check-in desk since he was unable to do so without there instructions. So we were practically standing in between the lift and the check-in desk totally lost without any customer support.
After waiting for 5 mins when we approached the check-ion desk again, the same person was instructed by the check-in desk to escort us and our luggage to our room and the same was handled by him.
2) Secondly when we checked into the room we noticed that basic toileterries such as tooth brush, tooth paste, bathroom slippers were not kept. Upon calling the"At your service" via the telephone, we where put on hold for 15 mins while they internally spoke to the housekeeping team. Upon conclusion one of the housekeeping staff comes to our room stating that he would like to place additional toiletries wherein in the first place these were not kept in the room.
I was a little surprised as to why the housekeeping team didn't go through their checklist before handing over the room to the guest. We finally had to get the attention of the Housekeeping manager to sort out the issue.
3) Upon checkin to the room when we enquired via the room service to understand if their was any In-Room dining available including infant menu, they told us Yes and to refer to the Guest Directory kept in the room. once again were left in the dark as to the type of services available in this hotel since they had missed to keep the guest directory in the room. Finally upon request one staff came to the room to provide us with the Guest Directory which was supposed to be kept in the room before check-in. The Guest Directory basically contains the In-Room dining, and other services provided by the hotel for check-in guest. Now you can imagine how lost we must have been without these basic information.
4) Cleanliness a big question mark. Few of the cupboards were filled with dust and also their were stains in the floor. I am not sure if the room was been cleaned in the recent past before we checked-in, and truly doubt if the Housekeeping team maintained a checklist before handing over the rooms to the guest.
5) The last and final matter that ticked us off completely, when we were preparing our coffee we noticed that neither the stirrer nor the relevant sachet were placed in the tray. when we called "At your Service", surprisingly they informed us that "these items are provided on request", so in conclusion while we have the tea cups, kettle, water however the tea/coffee sachet and the stirrer for tea/coffee are on request. This was the most ironic thing that we ever heard in our life.
Finally we lost all our patience and immediately brought all matters to the notice of the Hotel Manager who interned expressed his apologise for all these faults.
6) At the end when we where checking out, we faced issues with billing where initially a bill with discrepancy was presented to us and upon verification within a minute a revised bill was generated. Makes us wonder if he was aware of the guest billing details why was the wrong bill issued in the first place.
However as a traveller, the least we can expect when we check-in to international branded hotels is to live upto a certain standard in hotel management, and Cortyard Marriott Kochi Housekeeping, Bell Boy departments has a long way to go in this matter.
Nevertheless few of the positive highlights of the property are as follows:
1) 24/7 Airport transfer, wherein they always have in standby an innova was well for transporting huge number of luggages
2) Location - Just 1 min from the Airport
3) In-Room dining - Food quality was very good
4) Internet - As a marriott member we were offered free wireless internet for multiple devices
Brand Marriott strives to be an Hospitality Powerhouse,however experiences as stated above in the Courtyard Marriott Kochi would leave a dent to this mission unless some action is taken at the earliest to ensure excellent performance management to avoid any lapse from any departments.
Hope to see this property boast up their internal performance and live up to brand Marriot.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for leaving a detailed feedback on tripadvisor.
It is our commitment to ensure all our guest have a wonderful stay and in your case we just did not seem get our act together.
As discussed with you while on property, I plan to rectify these issues of coordination and ensure that everyone has a good stay in future.
Look forward to getting another chance to be of service to you and your family.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.