“Quality sushi at an affordable price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vegan
Good for: Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kenmore Ave.
Transit: Red line to Lawrence Ave station.
Chicago, Illinois
“Quality sushi at an affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I found Dib when I moved into the Uptown neighborhood and even though I have since moved to the south side, I still make the trip up north when I am hungry for sushi. I love that Dib offers quality and affordability, which is hard to find in a sushi restaurant. It's BYOB, so you can bring along your favorite Japanese beer. I prefer to go on Wednesdays when they have buy-three-rolls-get-one-free. The staff is also extremely friendly and provides great service. A great north side find!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Dib Dib Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

A local establishment that you would never find unless you knew someone in the area. And even if you knew that person and they drove you there, you would go "Huh, here?". But get out of the car and get in the restaurant as fast as you can. It's a small place, but food and service is great.
Very clean and it has a cozy atmosphere. The menu is a lot "bigger" than I was expecting considering the size.
We had sashimi appetizer, crispy shrimp roll, seaweed salad, pad thai and Dib Noodle, which is a house speciality. All of courses were served fast and the food was very fresh. Good portions without being wasteful.
You can bring your own wine and they take care of the rest.
Dinner for two was $56.00 before tip. A local favorite and now a favorite of mine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good sushi, but get it delivered.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I want so bad to say good things about this place but the fact is it was just okay. The sushi was good, the service was fine, and the decor is very edgy. I'm all for the open kitchen concept but at one point the whole place filled with a burnt smell as the chef used a toaster oven to heat something up. I also need to point out the neighborhood is really scary, I found myself checking on our car constantly and pretty sure a drug deal occurred right outside our booth window over miso soup. Overall, good sushi: for delivery.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Dib Inc.? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dib Inc., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.