“An average hotel with a nice location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
American Girl Package
Ranked #73 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“An average hotel with a nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

An old hotel on a quite street where is steps away from Michigan ave, John Hancock tower, and lake shore trail. The lobby is kind of small. And the elevator to the rooms are hidden on the corner.

The suite room was old, big, and average furnishing. The bathroom definitely need some improvement to better stuff. The king sized bed was comfy.

And there was no internet in the room nor the lobby. My phone picked up ATTWIFI from the Starbucks at the lobby. Hilton's wifi need to pay extra. Really?

It is not the best choice in this area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear jjkittycat,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

I have noted your comments about the furniture and the bathroom and I have shared this with the managers responsible. I am disappointed by the fact that you were not able to get the WI-FI in your room as we upgraded to latest AT&T system two years ago at a great expense to the hotel. In addition, please know that free internet is available in the lobby as well as at the connectivity station located in the lobby. I apologize for the situation you experienced and assure you that all our rooms have Wi-Fi access.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

739 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel had everything I could ask for ...large rooms with all the amenities. The gym was spotless with great city/lake views. Excellent room service, quick, polite, good food. Steve at the front desk was the highlight of the trip...I needed change very early in the morning and when he didn't have the currency I needed offered to give it to me from his own wallet...that is way above and beyond.

Room Tip: They're all suites which makes it very nice if you have an extended stay...you can spread out. L...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sandruby,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with us and in the City of Chicago. There is no better way to enjoy Chicago than staying in downtown Chicago. Chicago is a city that has so much to offer that it makes walking around a real treat with dining and shopping always just steps away. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our suites and as you stated, having a suite makes it more comfortable and easier. Thank you for recognizing Steve who works overnight, I have share your feedback with him and thank him for his good work.

Jamison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent facilities, service, and overall satisfaction. The only problem was getting important information on the best way to navigate the city and the return to the airport. It should be understood that infrequent travelers, especially to a new city, need more help in that direction than most others. Thank You!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear David J,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have addressed your point of having better information available to help our guests navigate the city.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and the feedback we receive help us improve on our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit our beautiful city.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the spacious suite especially in a big city. Liked having a fridge and microwave. Here for a conference and after a long day I wanted to relax in the hot tub. The water was extremely cold and there were no staff nor phones available to alert someone to the problem. I've never been in a hotel where the hot tub was so cold - the pool water was warmer! When checking out I asked for a bill showing a zero balance in order to get reimbursed and was told they couldn't give that to me because I had a prepaid rate. When I asked to speak with a supervisor he acted like he was doing me a favor to give me the paperwork!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Simbarella,

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. It is very clear from your note that this is not typical of the service we provide our guests and that we fell short of your expectations and of our own standards. Should you desire to further discuss the situation about your billing, please feel free to contact me. It appears that you makde your reservation through a third party booking and for that reason your bill will not reflect the room charges as we will be billing the organization who you made the transaction with. I reailze that it is sometime a little difficult for our guests and for that reason, I always encourage our guests to reserve directly with us and also sign up on our loyalty progrem to receive points and earn free stay with us. I have address the situation with the supervisor and he certainly aplogize for the situation.

I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again and I invite you to contact me directly the next time you come to Chicago.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a very mediocre hotel. The furniture is from the Red Roof Inn. The food from room service was what I would expect from a Denny's. But the prices are what I would expect from the Ritz. There are far nicer hotels in the area, and for less money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear John L.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your last visit. I was disappointed to read from your review that you found the food from room service to be below par and if our prices were more expensive than you expected. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I can assure you that I will take your suggestions into consideration to improve our properly. Our guest feedback is incredibly important as it provides us an opportunity to attend to areas that need our attention.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.
Istanbul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is on a central location, easy walking distance to the shopping area. There are a few restaurants around and a large supermarket 100m away which makes it convenient to get your supplies.The room was spacious with a large LCD and comfortable king size beds. It's only the heating that does not work well, and keeps the room cold in this windy city. The breakfast contained several varieties. Concierge is helpful on your inquiries. If someone from mgmt is reading this, they must fix those elevators, as it is really annoying to wait 4-5 mins each time you go down and up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Seyyad,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our great location to discover the city. Chicago has a lot to offer and our location near the John Hancock Tower, Michigan Avenue, Lake Michigan, Rush Street and oak street makes visiting Chicago very easy and very pleasant. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location was handy, the staff was helpful and the indoor pool was great. The pool is well heated and has a wonderful view from the 31st floor. The room felt a bit small once we pulled out the sleeper sofa for the kids. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in room.

Location is right around the corner from Water Place, John Hancock Observatory and Cheesecake Factory.

Requested additional towels and toiletries without any issue. (And the towels are nice.)

Our daughter was blown away with the American Girl Doll package. We left a doll behind in the room after we checked in. That evening when we returned there were cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles bar. I think my daughter is convinced that the doll ordered room service!

But here is my weird observation. When paying this much for a hotel couldn't they provide nicer toilet paper?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Toomey2,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our wonderful location in Chicago. I am particularly appreciative of you taking the time to tell us about your experience with our team members. Like you, many of our guests love our location near everything Chiocago has to offer, and one attraction that is a favorite, certainly is the American Girl Place! There is always something more special and sweet when we see kids being excited about their experience with us and it looks like your daughter enjoyed her stay. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Been to Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!