“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a fantastic location for shopping, restaurants and attractions in Chicago. We walked all over the place through beautiful neighborhoods, took an architecture tour on the River, went to the beach, and had a beautiful view of the lake from our room. As with most city hotels, the parking charges were high, and we had planned to self park rather than valet, until we found out that the self parking is four blocks away from the hotel. The good news was that our one night of valet parking was good until 6pm the next day, so we could leave the car while we finished our sightseeing. We were also dismayed that in-room wifi charges were $12.95, even for Hilton Honors guests. The suite was spacious, clean and modern - no complaints there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear ZendogAZ,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites and thank you for telling us about your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be perfect. Our Gold Coast location near the John Hancock Tower, a block away from Lake Michigan, steps away from the Magnificent Mile and just a short walk away from many restaurants and shopping makes our hotel the perfect choice when staying in Chicago. I must also share that complimentary Internet is available in the lobby, at the connectivity station and in the pool area located on the 30th floor.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and we hope to be your hotel of choice again. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed over Labor Day weekend and was given a great lakeview room. Tons of room for two people! Our room was clean and were given clean towels everyday. Would give another point if room included internet, a $12.95 a day rate seemed a bit steep to me. Two huge tvs with good channels and HBO.
Location was ok, a bit of a walk to red line.
We ate at The Local restaurant in hotel and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Ate at bar and had great service and food.
Would recommend staying here if just looking to explore Chicago.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cookieburns,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and found it to be spacious and clean. Our location next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from Lake Michigan, steps away from the Magnificent Mile and a few blocks away from Rush Street makes for our location to be the perfect place to be.

We look forward to your next visit and we hope to be your hotel of choice.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always stay at Hilton hotels if I can but I was a little disappointed in our one-night stay at this downtown Chicago hotel. The entry seemed busy and crowded and the lobby is small, busy and crowded. While the check-in was efficient, we did not receive our usual warm greeting that we usual get as Hilton Honors members. The alcove suite room was okay but we could see the faces of the people on the balcony of the high rise across from our room. They waved...so we couldn't keep the drapes open to see the gorgeous view of the lake to our left. Then, we discovered that the Executive Lounge was on the second floor -- we were on the 28th. I have always experienced the Executive Lounge on the same floor as I was staying. Additionally, upon arriving at the Lounge we were told they did not serve alcoholic beverages except for beer and wine. That was a disappointment! Also, we never did find the location of the concierge. Our stay was okay, but not at the level of over a $300 per night room. I would try another of the Hilton Hotels in downtown Chicago upon my return to that wonderful city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lggreen55,

Thank you very much for selecting the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites while staying in Chicago. . I want to apologize for the service that did not meet your expectations. I will share your comments with our team and I assure you that all of us take your feedback very seriously. I am also sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your room.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time you came to Chicago and I will make sure that you have a great stay with us.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us as it helps us improve on our service.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Chose this hotel based upon price at the time of travelling havang stayed in the Omni Chicago on a previous trip. The rooms were very spacious and clean, the staff very friendly and helpful.

The location is great if you want to be near all the shops and restaurants of the Magnificent Mile. The Water Tower is just around the corner and provides great views of the city. I didn't eat at the hotel but did you the pool and gym during my stay.

I would recommend this one to anyone planning a trip to Chicago

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy P.

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites and thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel with other travelers.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location. The hotel is located in the Gold Coast area of Chicago next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from Michigan Avenue, steps away from Lake Michigan and a short walk from Rush street where guests can enjoy various dining offerings. This is a perfect location to discover everything Chicago has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are visiting Chicago.
Riyadh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is nice with big rooms and excellent cafe / Bar in the lobby.
It is walking distance to many shopping and attraction places , and busy hotel as well.

the area is great where cheese factory and other restaurants just around the corner.

The only thing i didn't like , they kept me waiting for the room to be ready from 8 AM to 12 noon with my family and kids at the lobby , though i have sent through booking that i need early check in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear kmideg,

Thank you very much for staying at The Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location to be perfect to enjoy the city. I understand that you were unable to access your room when you arrived. I apologize for the delay and I hope this issue did not affect the rest of your stay with us.

Our location near the John Hancock Tower, steps away from Lake Michigan and a
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first visit to Chicago Dowtown. The BEST thing about this hotel was its location and affordability compared to others. The interior was a little dated and my room on one of the lower floors defiltely needed some TLC. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I did not spend too much time in the room but out on the magnificant mile and lakeshore drive which was what would draw you to this hotel. There looked to be more modern hotels in the area but for the location and service dont overlook this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear demtwins,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. It is always a pleasure and a privilege to have our guests take time to tell us and other travelers about their experience with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the friendly service of our team members and our location next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from Michigan Avenue and steps away from Lake Michigan.

We look forward to your next visit with us.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for the location. It is a block south of Michigan Ave for great shopping and restaurants. The staff could have been a little more cordial - they usually are. We were charged twice for internet access but upon check out time, they reversed the charge. The suites are quite large. It used to be a Doubletree. Housekeeping was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear lyn480dawn,

Thank you very much for selecting the Hilton Chicago/ Magnificent Mile Suites for your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience the city from our location, being steps away from the Michigan Avenue, the John Hancock Tower and the Lake Michigan makes our location a prime spot for any trip to the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Been to Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!