“Great value and great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Merrillville, Indiana
“Great value and great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My mom and I took my daughter for brunch at American Girl Place at Water Tower. My daughter seemed to enjoy the pool and hotel more than she did American Girl Place. The hotel doesn't offer many views since it's surrounded by taller buildings but the rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago while visiting the American Girl. Our location is just a short walk to the American Girl. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our hotel and its location. I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our team members. I am glad that you and your daugther got to experienced the pool located on the 30th floor of the hotel, in the middle of the winter, this is a great place to relax with a view of the city and the lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Medina, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been staying in Hilton's since 2005 for business. I would not recommend this hotel and I will not return. My experience: Do not eat in the adjacent hotel restaurant unless your company or you plan to spend at least $100 for salad, steak and one glass of wine. Take a Walk around the block for more affordable meals. To top it off, during the dinner hour as I passed through four times, management had several staff members scraping the wax off the floor. People in their suits and hotel workers. It was an awful site to see and management should have completed that work during sleep hours. I reported to managment the cost of my meal and he stated, we are right around the corner from the DRAKE. Who cares? not me.
I worked late, was tired and pulled the bed down, and yellow stuff was stuck to my sheets. Awful.. I was so upset.....I contacted the hotel and they gave me a $50 refund for my experience and changed the sheets. Next day, I was in the bathroom and saw bloody fingerprints on the door. OH my god. I contacted the hotel and the door was cleaned when I returned to my room that evening. So, as you can see, my room had issues. At that point, I could not wait to leave. I went for my Hilton Honors Breakfast, and as I placed the spoon of oatmeal in my mouth, the waiter said, that will cost you 7 dollars, I said I have a coupon, he said ,your breakfast is over there which is fruit and coffee, this buffet is for guests. I was so embarrassed that I returned my breakfast coupons to the front desk and went without breakfast for the next two days. So, the next morning and my last day, checkout! I went to the cafe and picked up a cup of fruit. I got to my off site work destination, opened the fruit cup and it was moldy. I had to throw it away. I was not surprised, as I really think management has fallen down and is so unaware of what is going on in this hotel. I have never been so diappointed about a hotel before. This hotel needs quality checks and just because it is next to the Drake does not mean its a nice place to stay. Never the less, I will continue to stay in Hilton's, but not at this one ever again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Gwyn Q,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I am so sorry that your sheets were not clean and that you found stains in your bathroom. I also apologize that your fruit was moldy when you opened your fruit cup. I thank you very much for bringing-up to my attention these issues. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you to contact me directly so we may follow-up with you directly and demonstrate our true commitment to your satisfaction.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel has a fantastic location and for a city centre hotel the rates were very reasonable. I would recommend this place and if I returned to Chicago I would stay again. Not ideal for a romantic stay but for meeting friends and a good nights sleep it was just right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear selfseal,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your kind comments. It is always our goal to have all our guests enjoy their stay and it is very motivating to the team to read the feedback from guests like you. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit our great city.
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Concierge is not open to Gold and Diamond guests for breakfast. No compensations offered at the restaurant. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Service by staff in general is very good and accommodating. Location is just right for tourism, well located and safe. Greeting at the entrance is very good and car service is always available at the entrance.

Room Tip: All views where I have stayed are good, preferably ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fernando R.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I apologize for the situation with the concierge lounge not being open. This service is being worked on at the present time and we expect to be able to offer our HHonors the Executive lounge service in the near future. I trust that you were provided the complimentary continental breakfast that our Gold and Diamond members received in our restaurant. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you travel to Chicago and I will be happy to assist.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

A group of about 20 of us headed to Chicago for New Years Eve and stayed at the Hilton Suites. What an excellent experience we all had. Great location and great rooms. The rooms are extremely spacious so makes sharing a little bit easier. Would definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jenna P.

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you and friends enjoyed our hotel. You are correct to point out our location and the size of our rooms, when making choices, it is important for guests to carefully select the location that meet their needs. Because, we are an all suites hotel, our guests get more for their money and I am glad that you made that point in your comments.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and we hope to be your hotel of choice.
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I head downtown every holiday season for a little getaway. We stayed here for the first time and will definitely be back. Great location one block from Michigan Avenue, but quiet and away from the noise. We stayed on the 28th floor with a view of the lake. Suite was beautiful. The thing that seperated this hotel from others we have stayed in the past was the friendliness of the staff, from check-in to bellmen, maids and valet staff - everyone was terrific. Had a delightful breakfast at The Local, the restaurant on site. Staff were outstanding there too.

Highly recommend The Rosebud - a half block away - for dinner.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Robert P,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suiotes Chicago. I am delighted to read that you had a nice sray with us and I am particularly appreciative of you taking the time to tell us about your experience with our team members. We understand that the service and the friendliness of our team members is important to our guests and reading your feedback is very motivating for all of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and we wish you and your family a happy and successful 2013.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed one night. Walking distance to mentioned places above. Self parking came with our rate ($175 taxes included) located block and a half up. Nice restaurant "The Local" but pricey-sandwiches $15 and up. Entrees- $20-30. Business center is not in a separate area-it's just 6 pcs on a table in the main check in area. Also, free internet access is available at BUSINESS CENTER only NOT in-room ($12-in room). Room was nice-there was a rip in the carpet but didn't put anyone out. We stayed on the 7th floor-city noise was not a problem. we did hear an unexplained banging noise in the middle of the night but it was fleeting. The microwave only works if you turn on the switch located next to kitchenette, marked (microwave/coffee maker). What I really liked about this room was the bath room layout. The bathroom is about the size of a standard master bath in any average house. It has 2 door entry -one from the sitting area and one from the bedroom, which is nice for those uninterrupted bathroom visits in the middle of the night. The shower has one of the highest pressure shower heads i've ever seen in a hotel room. It made for a nice long hot shower at the end of a very crazy day! The bedroom has a separate vanity area with stool and closet mirror for ample ready space for high maintenance people like myself! This is a layout I don't see often. Service was ok-we ordered extra bedding and it took forever to get it to us, we also asked for extra shampoo and they forgot it when they delivered the bedding. Might stay here again.

Room Tip: Free Internet-only in business center self park is cheaper than valet-block and a half away from ho...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear nomadsister,

Thank you very much for tsying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time share your feedback with us. I have taken note of the service opportunity and i assure you that our team understands the importance of service and timeliness.
I want to thank you for taking the time to describe your suite in such details as I know it will be helpful to future travelers who are planning a trip to Chicago. Our hotel offers a great location, large rooms that are suites as you described and near everything the Chicago Gold Coast has to offer, we are in a prime location.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Suites Chicago the next time you visit our great city.

Been to Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!