“Great Location and Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile

You added Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   198 E. Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Streeterville)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
American Girl Packages
Ranked #75 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Location and Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is near everything you want to be close to in Chicago. The room we had was very nicely appointed and had a great art deco feel. Service in general was good. Unfortunately, the main restaurant was closed for renovation. However, there are plenty of good restaurants in walking distance.
Very quiet except for one morning when a truck showed up that was servicing the hotel in some way and made an extraordinary amount of noise at 5:30-6 AM for about 30 minutes. Not sure what that was about......
However, I would still recommend this hotel if you want an excellent Mag Mile location and a spacious room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear LosFelizCA,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. We appreciate you selecting our hotel and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the location. I apologize for the restaurant being close due to renovation and I am please to confirm that the new restaurant will open on November 30th.

We look forward to your nest visit to Chicago and we hope to your hotel of choice again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed at this hotel and was very happy with service and overall condition of the hotel. very nice and the location is excellent. had a suite overlooking Lake Michigan close to everything downtown. has a very nice Sushi resturant located on the main level. nice spa and pool as well. I would return in a heartbeat

Room Tip: get a room over looking lake Michigan, nice view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear crt1966,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and its location. Being located in the Gold Coast, near the John Hancock Tower, steps away from Lake Michigan and a block away from the shopping on the Magnificent Mile makes our hotel the perfect place to stay for anyone who wants to enjoy Chicago. in addition, i should also mention that we are just a walk away from Oak Stret and Rush Street where it is easy to find restaurants with various cuisine style.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to our beautiful city.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice hotel--great location! Loved that we were within walking distance of everything, yet it was very quiet. Just one block off Michigan Avenue, right behind the John Hancock building. We were on the 25th floor overlooking Oak Street beach, but we couldn't enjoy it because they block the window with the desk. I would rearrange the furniture a bit to take advantage of the great views. The room was adequate, small living area with a separate bedroom. Liked that there were two entrances to the bathroom. Good breakfast in the morning. The only thing lacking is a place in the lobby to maybe sit and have a glass of wine before going out for the evening. There is a small Starbucks, but would have liked a small bar-type area also. All in all, we would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear 822Traveler,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Chicago/Magificent Mile Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers who are planning a visit to Chicago.

We look forward to welcoming you again the next time that you come to Chicago.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel this week and quite liked it. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable...yet my AC in room would not turn off to save my life even when turned up to 85 it was blowing cold hurricane force winds. Nonetheless the bed was nice and the water pressure in the shower may actually take the prize for the best I have encountered. I would definitely recommend the hotel but at the airport I met someone that was mugged at the corner of the hotel the night prior and shared that he found out someone was shot less than a block away the previous night. Please be careful in any city and just take wise precautions. I say that because there were postings where in lieu of the $55 valet people were parking a few blocks away and walking to save a few dollars. I was inclined to do this as well but thankful I did not

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Paul B

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago and please accept my apology for the problem you experienced with the heat system. We unfortunately experienced a problem with our system and it has been fixed. I also understand your concerns about safety and I would like to re-assure you and other travellers coming to Chicago that the area where the hotel is located is one of the safest in Chicago. We are located in the Gold Coast, next to the John Hancock Tower and luxury shopping. The City of Chicago has done an excellent job at monitoring a few people who have created problems and bad press in the past. As someone who work downtown Chicago every day, I want to assure you that it is very safe and as safe as any other big cities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful city and to our hotel.
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Suites during a one-night trip to Chicago. The location of this hotel can't be beat if you have any plans to shop on Michigan avenue or dine in that same general area. Very close to attractions like Navy Pier as well.
Check in was quick and friendly, despite the hotel seeming to be packed when we arrived. We had a King Suite room on one of the top floors. The room was very clean, but had a haphazard, disjointed appearance. None of the lamps matched, and the mini-fridge was just sort of in the middle of the floor at the foot of the bed. It was also too noisy to have plugged in at night. Minor things, but they surprised me for a Hilton branded hotel. Hopefully the renovations going on in the restaurant will be carried through to the guest rooms with some updates.
The pool/hot tub/ and sauna were up on the 30th floor, and were very nice, very clean, and enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Otowners,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feeback with us and future travellers to Chicago.

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and I will look into the situation with the lamps and the fridge as this is not typical of our room set-up. I am gald that you were able to take advantage of our pool that is located on the 30 the floor, it gives a beautiful view of Chicago and of the lake.

You are correct when you write that if you are coming to Chicago for shopping, we are in the perfect location where travellers will find all they need and be close to many restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.
Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our family stayed here for a weekend trip and were very pleased with the location and value. It's one block off of N. Michigan on the north side of the Hancock building. Very convenient to American Girl and Water Tower Place. Quick check in and check out. The rooms are average nothing great, nothing bad. It was nice having a separate sitting area away from the beds. We were on the 7th floor and didn't have a view of anything but it was not a deal breaker. I would definately ask for a high room/floor if given the chance.

The pool area is very nice and the kids had a great time swimming on the 29th floor. The cafe/restaturant is currently under renovation so we were not able to experience that. They have a temporary cafe area set up on the 2nd floor and a starbucks coffee area in the lobby. Nice basement style grocery/convenience store right across the street.

All in all a good value for the money considering the location. I would definately recommend and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Balke C,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travellers. There is no doubt that when travelling with a small family it is quite important to have space and the fact that all our rooms are suites is a big plus that is sometime overlook when just making a selection by price.

You noted the great location near Lake Michigan, a few block away from American Girl, next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from The Magnificent Mile and walking distance to Rush Street and Oak Street, our hotel is perfectly located to enjoy the best the city has to offer.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

When we arrived, the room layout we reserved (a king with sleeper sofa) was not available, so they put us in a double queen. The smell of smoke in the room was so strong that I called the desk and asked for a new room, and was immediately moved to a king with a sofa bed.
The sofa bed was really the issue - when we opened it up the first night, the sheets were stained, and there were some kind of food crumbs in the sheets. We called housekeeping, and they came up and re-made the bed. The mattress on the sofa bead was so think, it felt like sleeping on canvas stretched over chicken wire. My daughter slept on it a couple of nights and didn't say anything about it until after the second night - I then laid on it and wondered how on earth she was able to sleep. I ended up calling the front desk to see if they could give us a new mattress - they brought up one of those mattress pads with the cushion on the top. it mad a marginal difference, but I ended up laying the couch cushions on the bed and sleeping on those, while my wife and daughter slept on the king together.
Aside from the sofa and check-in experience, all else was ok - nothing great, nothing terrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Drussell15,

Thank yopu very much for staying with us. I apologize for your experience not being up to your expectations and not up to our own standards. Guests satisfaction is very important to us and I understand how getting a room that has a smell of smoke is unpleasant. In regard to the sofa bed it seems that your particular room neeeded a new mattress and I have asked our houskeeping to inspect the sofa beds carefully to avoid situation such as yours to happen again.

Please don't hesitate to contact me when you return to Chicago and I will be happy to work with you on your reservation to ensure a perfect experience.

Been to Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!