I am a Marriot Gold member with over stays of over 70 night in 2009. I made a hotel reservation to spend 2 nights ( 17 July-18 July, 2009) at the Courtyard Hotel using the Marriott Reservation line. I found a certificate for Gold Members at the Marriott website for a “Treat Yourself to a weekend Escape and a free 2nd night”. I confirmed with the reservation agent that this was valid for my stay and he did. He said I just needed to print out the webpage and give it to the desk at check-in. At check-in I presented the certificate to the front desk. They called the “Marriott Rewards Hotel Resource Desk” and confirmed it was valid and would be honored. I spent the 2 nights at this hotel and just hours before my check-out I received a phone call from the desk telling me they made a mistake and the certificate was not going to be honored and I was going to be charged for the 2nd night. If I would have been told this at the time I made the reservation, or at check-in time, I would have made other arrangements. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I do not see how they can get away with something like this. Stay somewhere else while in Chicago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among downtown Chicago, hotels at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. Grab a gourmet doughnut and coffee at Glazed and Infused for breakfast, and enjoy a unique and authentic meal at Davanti Enoteca, located in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of the revitalized Courtyard Downtown/River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Marriott and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Marriott
- Chicago Courtyard