Great location, but after booking I checked the location with the orange suited guy on Google Maps, and realised there was the elevated metro on Wabash. E-mailed and requested a room away from the street, which we got. Background whoosh of trains, but did not disturb our sleep.
Checked in with hand baggage so really never used any of the hotel services, except was able to use their internet facility and print our boarding cards back to Houston. Would have been nice to have a microwave, even with the ice machine and automat.
Rooms at the rear would have been quieter, other than traffic.
Great location with CTA train station at the front door and buses one block away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago