“An amazing hotel experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% Now!
Ranked #24 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Baltimore, Maryland
“An amazing hotel experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Everything was perfect! The room was beautiful and comfortable. It is convenient to everything. The restaurant was superb! The staff was helpful and went out of their way. Could not have a better hotel experience. Hated to leave!

Room Tip: The room was elegant. The restaurant is elegant. The view not so good, there may be a room with some...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hans R, General Manager at The Silversmith Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Carol S., thank you for taking the time to review The Silversmith Hotel. We are thrilled t hear you tried our newly opened Adamus Restaurant and Lounge in our newly renovated space! We can not wait to leave another lasting impression on you the next time you find yourself in Chicago, Carol.

Hans Ritten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel was conveniently located to local transit, Millennium Park and The Institute of Art. The staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was very clean and well appointed.
The basic room includes an in-room refrigerator and safe.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the noise from the el.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary D., thank you for your review of The Silversmith Hotel. Right alongside the loop, Silversmith Hotel provides easy access to famed attractions and premier shopping and dining. Our staff are happy to provide a memorable guest experience for our customers and we are thrilled to hear we could leave a lasting impression. We look forward to your next visit, Mary!

niagara on the lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and really appreciated the good location of the hotel. We could walk to the riverfront in about 10-15 minutes, Millenium Park was just around the corner, the Oriental Theatre was another 10 minute walk, and the El had a stop right infront of the hotel.( Remember when exiting the El that there are 2 flights of stairs to negotiate coming down with your luggage- perhaps a taxi to the hotel from the airport for people who would have difficulty with this.)
The hotel staff were friendly, and our maid especially so. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated, there was a small fridge and a Keurig machine with coffee's and tea, and an in-room safe. The bed was very comfortable and had beautiful linens. The lighting was rather dim in the main room and a beautiful ceiling lamp/chandelier in the bathroom by the toilet had no switch to turn it on! The bathroom was huge and clean, however there were no towel bars to hang a hand towel or bath towel, even though there were long walls providing plenty of area to install a couple of towel racks. We asked for a room at the back away from the El and also higher up and this was graciously done and we had no problem with noise, I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Flagy, thank you for taking the time to review the Silversmith Hotel. We too love our prime location in the heart of the city, right alongside the loop, where famed attractions are easily accessible. Our recently renovated hotel offers a chic ambiance with spacious guest bedrooms and luxury amenities, and it's great to hear that you enjoyed. We are happy to provide a room best suited for your needs and hope you will be staying with us again the next time you are in Chicago.

Mexico, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel was absolutely awesome! The staff were so friendly and helpful (the day shift door man was so great!). My friends and I had a wonderful stay. The room was so spacious (we had two double beds, a sitting room, and a bathroom you could have a dance in!) I had read some of the other reviews and have no idea where they stayed but they didn't stay at the same hotel I did. If I ever come back to Chicago, this is the only hotel I would use.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the south side. The L is right outside the hotel's front door but was not at...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
LoisP661, thank you for taking the time to review Silversmith Hotel. Our team here at Silversmith strives to provide optimal guest services to make our guests feel right at home. Our recently reinvented hotel extends large guest bedrooms and artfully designed interiors and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Words cannot describe how much I love the Silversmith Hotel. It's tucked out of the way on Wabash with direct access to the Brown line trains, as well as others. It's a block from Michigan Avenue and only a couple of blocks to Lake Michigan. In other words, I love the location!

The rooms are huge. My room was larger than my first couple of apartments. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom....well, the bathrooms are luxurious with their large glassed in showers.

When I was last at the Silversmith, the remodel wasn't complete. The lobby was still on the second floor and there wasn't a restaurant. This time the work looks complete. The lobby is gorgeous, as well as the restaurant/bar area. The new gym is terrific, with new equipment facing Wabash Street through large windows.

The staff is always exceptional. Everyone is warm, friendly, and welcoming, especially the bell staff.

Any excuse to visit Chicago is a good one, but there is no excuse for not checking out this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
RickF413, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Silversmith Hotel. We too love our location right alongside the loop! Our recently reinvented hotel extends large guest bedrooms and artfully designed interiors that make for a memorable stay. We do hope you will try our newly opened Adamus Restaurant and Lounge the next time you find yourself in CHicago! We can not wait to imrpess you for a third time, Rick and thank you again for your feedback and kind words.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel has a super location. You can walk to most attractions. Nice big clean rooms. Only two complaints: 1) We couldn't believe there were absolutely no towel rods to hang your towel on! Only a small hook on the back of the bathroom door and another small hook way down at the far end of the bathroom by the toilet--no where to hang even a hand towel near the sink or to hang a bath towel near the shower. 2) The lighting in the living room and by the entrance door was very dim.
Other than those two things, the place was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the "L" (elevated rail transit system) as the trains go right by...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Marilyn F., thank you for sharing your experience at Silversmith Hotel. We too love our location right alongside the loop, providing easy access to all that the Windy City has to offer. We apologize for the lack of towel rods and subpar lighting. We will look to improve upon these inconveniences for future visits. Thank you for bringing this to light and we do hope you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you find yourself in Chicago, Marilyn.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am on a 30 day Amtrak USRail pass and stayed at the Silversmith twice for one night both going East and West. It was an easy 10-15 minute walk from Union Station, with many restaurants and cafés along the way.

Public transportation in the Loop area is everywhere, but I walked everywhere I went.

The hotel is one block fro Millenium Park,and I wandered over for a free concert on a Monday night--many families, nicely monitored and policed, safe.

I booked the 90 minute Architectural River Cruise through the hotel and saved $10. This cruise is a must-do for visitors.

The first night I stayed in a room on the "quiet side" of the hotel away from the elevated train. It was very nice.

Unfortunately, I got in late for my second visit and got room 501, right by the train. I was tired, but was woken up by train noise at 6:30am. (Sigh).

When I checked out at noon, the sweet desk clerk, Paige, asked me how my stay was, and I asked her if she'd like to hear a complaint. "Of course!"

As soon as I told her, she apologized and then offered me a free lunch in the hotel restaurant, saying she wanted me to be happy and return in the future. The lunch was great!

The staff at the Silversmith is excellent, very helpful and courteous. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, and the bathroom I had featured a tub and a separate shower. All very clean.

The price I got when I phoned was as good or better than on any website.

I will stay there again, but I'll ask for a quiet room next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Hans R, General Manager at The Silversmith Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Jazztonight, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Silversmith Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our central location in the Windy City along with our recently renovated accommodations and luxury amenities . Our staff strives to provide optimal guest services, and we are glad they could make your visit to Chicago a memorable one. We look forward to you joining us again the next time you are in the Chicago area.

Best,
Hans Ritten

Been to The Silversmith Hotel? Share your experiences!