Disappointed that booking online meant no notice that hotel is undergoing renovation. Construction 'hidden' by plywood walls that blocked out windows/natural light in public areas, creating a weird feel to entry and lobby. We were offered a minimal continental breakfast to compensate but there wasn't anything I would want to eat. The newly renovated areas were done with a very cheap feel: small cheap woodwork, silver foil wallpaper a la '70's (uncool retro), and shiny grey curtains with the package folds still evident. While the hotel is centrally located, it butts up against the noisy "L". You either have the train noise in front or have a quiet back room that faces a brick wall. Hmmm, wouldn't recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago