As stated by many other reviewers, this is one of the BEST LOCATIONS for exploring downtown Chicago. I literally walked everywhere..i.e. Michigan Ave host to Millenium Mile shopping district, the Navy Pier, State street that hosts one of the largest Macy's stores with a Tiffany glass ceiling, Grant Park-Chicago's front yard, and Millenium Park host of the Bean.
Ok back to the hotel, the staff was very gracious, inviting and helpful, the lobby and rooms gives a very nostalgic feel of the 1920's. High ceilings, long drapery and very cozy. The rooms are not as modern as I would've liked, but I didn't spend much time in the room. The bed was very comfy. I will be returning next year and staying at the Silversmith. The only drawback is the high cost of parking $56 a night. But I took the El train, which I highly recommend, from the airport which stops right at the hotel (Madison/Wabash).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago