My Silversmith Hotel & Suites is a very nice hotel is a prime downtown location, south of the river. My husband & I stayed there for our honeymoon in April.
1. Large Rooms.
2. Free Internet - not the fastest, but it didn't lag too badly either.
3. A short walk to the Red Line CTA stations & bus lines.
4. 15-20 minute walk to Union Station
5. Close to Millennium Park & the Museum Campus
6. Polite Doormen
7. Polite Front Desk Staff
8. Lisa Le was very great to work with
1. Not the best neighborhood at night... lots of homeless asking for money. But it's Chicago, so I expected that.
2. Not impressed with the breakfast at Ada's... flavorless & greasy.
3. I did not get the room that I had requested & spoken with Lisa Le about - apparently they were full and/or someone had stayed over - that was disappointing, especially since I was there for my honeymoon. We had picked out a specific suite and I was told that was the one reserved for us, but we didn't end up getting to stay in it.
4. We were told that the hotel was going to provide some sort of Chicago food/drink type amenity since it was a special occasion and that it would be waiting for us when we arrived. We checked in on April 7th - the amenity on the 9th. It was still appreciated, but seemed less special, especially since it was generic chocolate cake and champagne instead of something that was unique to Chicago or the Silversmith.
5. No white noise in the rooms.
Overall, the hotel was nice and I would stay there again, but I would make sure that I would bring a small travel fan or something to provide white noise. The noise from the El outside didn't bother us at all, and in fact we almost wished that it ran 24/7 since it provided us with at least some white noise where we were! I was disappointed in the fact that we didn't get the room & amenity that we were promised, but the rooms were nice overall and the staff was pleasant. The location was great and within walking distance of everything (or within walking distance of transit TO everything) so I was very happy with that.