“Nothing stupendous but clean and mostly comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

You added Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   701 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Allerton Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #108 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
michigan
“Nothing stupendous but clean and mostly comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I got here by mistake. Another hotel canceled me out and this was the option I got. Having said that, the staff was friendly, the hotel location great and the room comfortable enough. Pillows are lumpy and the bed too hard for me, but no big concerns. Location is the best part of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
michigantraveler05,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We agree that our location is best in the city.

As we speak, all new mattresses and linens have been ordered for the hotel. We hope when you return to Chicago you will personally experience them!

Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Greek first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We travel to Chicago two or three times a year for concerts and plays and generally just stay at whichever hotel seems to have the best value. This was our first time staying at the Allerton and we had a great experience all around. The staff was very nice and helpful - they upgraded us to a suite without even asking!

Our room had a great view and was spacious, clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel can't be beat. We were within walking distance of most of the things we wanted to do and see. And because of its central location, it's easy to stop back at the hotel midday.

The valet parking was also very convenient. We never waited more than 5 minutes for our car, which is really saying something since our last hotel had wait times closer to 45 minutes.

I only had one issue with our room: Noise. Our room (2404) was right behind an elevator bank and the noise from the elevators (which was a banging noise) was almost constant. I think a room away from the elevators would've eliminated this issue. We mentioned this at check out and they said they would've been happy to move us to another room-- but we loved our room so much we probably wouldn't have wanted to move. And certainly the noise quieted down after midnight when elevator traffic was lighter. Our room was also above one of the ballrooms hosting a wedding saturday night, which lead to a little bit of noise bleed. But we just turned up the tv. The wedding was quiet by midnight as well.

I highly recommend the Warwick Allerton. The hotel is lovely and so is the staff.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you're looking for a spacious stay, but request one away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa G,

Thank you for your review and it was our pleasure to host you as our guest.

We look forward to your return,

All the best,

Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The best location in the city for a panoramic view of the city from the 23rd floor. Staff excellent, food delicious, location wonderful. Catering manager the best! Shoutout to Beau! We thank you so very much for all that you did for us. Our, international, out of town, and local guests experienced Chicago hospitality, at its finest, by the entire Allerton staff.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite higher floor. Wonderful
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Judy,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

I agree that Beau, along with our landmark view of Chicago are spectacular!

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed at the Warwick in Chicago during Memorial Day weekend with my boyfriend. The rooms are on the small side but you are in Chicago no need to spend a lot of time in the hotel room. The location of the hotel is great, everything is in walking distance. The only thing that really put me off and the main reason I will not return to this hotel is that the front desk profiled me when I checked in; they immediately put a $200 pending charge on my credit card but did not say anything to me about the pending charge. I found out a day later while checking my banking and they said it was a damage deposit. Really? Yes I am young but I am also highly educated and have a professional career, I do not remember giving off the rowdy, let’s get wild persona while giving you my name and card at check in. Next time give the person you are profiling a heads up on what charges you are already putting on their card before they even step foot in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Rose I,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the misunderstanding with our team.

The charge you are speaking of is not a damage deposit, but rather a deposit hold for possible incidental charges to your room during your stay. It is very customary with hotel's to put a hold on a credit card and/or debit card. Upon departure and inspection of rooms, the hold is released.

We hope that you otherwise enjoyed your visit to Chicago and we look forward to your return.

Regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hubby and I fly in for the Bears game annually... We stayed here for the sheer reason of being in the heart of Chicago to see the sites as well. We were never disappointed... Multiple trips later and several other hotels, this one, by far, has been the best. The restaurant in the lobby is very grand , with not so grand prices... The same area in the evening is quaint, and very tourist friendly... A wonderful experience every time. The rooms are quite small, but affordable... Besides the room is only to lay your head for rest, and the beds are comfy,cozy... I plan on coming back every year! Da Bears!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Masfinar.,

Thank you for your comments as I will share them with the team.

We look forward to your return this fall!

GO BEARS!!

Columbus, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've stayed at the Allerton several times, but this stay (May 28-31) was, unfortunately, not up to the standards I've enjoyed here in the past. The room was fine, although like so many hotels, they now have clock radios that require an engineering degree to set. The service was mixed: the bellman who helped unload our van and get our bags sorted was wonderful, the desk staff was competent, the bartender was friendly, but the restaurant service was slower than Congress. And when I needed help in booking service to the airport from the concierge, she was useless. Also, several people in our party had problems with electrical outlets not working in their room.

Overall, I have to say this stay was barely average but I hope that things get better--or just back to where they were a couple of years ago--when I return.

Room Tip: It seem counter-intuitive, but the rooms along the wall with the elevators provide the best views of...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Needham,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We were recently purchased by Warwick Hotels International and look forward to exceeding the previous product and services levels you experience before.

It would be our privilege to have you as our guest when you return to Chicago.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

So in the weekend of outrageous hotel prices due to a medical conference in town, I took a chance and pricelined this hotel at a remarkable price through the express deal. I got this hotel back, and immediately read the tripadvisor reviews. 108 of 168. OUCH I thought. So then I arrive and the situation got worse when the hotel staff told me I bought a "petite room with a full bed." DOUBLE OUCH. I showed the front desk staff my e-mail stating I purchased a QUEEN and, she immediately made it right without any hassle from me. That is good service. She even upgraded us to a King bed When I asked about internet, I got it comped. The hotel is older, the rooms are smaller, and the bathroom is tiny. But you are in Chicago with a zillion things to do, and all you care about is a comfortable bed, in a great location with a hot shower. It fits the bill perfectly. The elevators are ridiculously fast and my only complaint is they need to fix the lights indicating which elevator is opening because it opens and closes so fast. Not saying it's the best hotel in Chicago, but surely should be ranked higher than 108.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Indythad,

I apologize for the misunderstanding of guest rooms, but very glad to hear we accommodated you.

You are right that Chicago is full of wonderful places and experiences.

We look forward to your return.

Kindly,

Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

Been to Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!