“Two Big Thumbs Up!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast

You added Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1244 N Dearborn Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60610 (Formerly Claridge Hotel) (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #92 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Austin, Texas
“Two Big Thumbs Up!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Big thumbs up to the fabulous boutique hotel in the Gold Coast area of Chicago. We stayed at Hotel Indigo for 4 nights and staff was very helpful and courteous. The hotel was in a great location, as we were able to walk to almost all locations we had on our list to visit. Our room was clean, roomy and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review and the two thumbs up!! We couldn't ask for more. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon. If I may be of assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thanks again for choosing our hotel and for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest!!

All the best,

Destini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent 3 night there. The hotel is very good decoration, attraction and clean. The location is quite good, not too much far from Michigan Avenue. The room size is ok but no have refrigerator! The bathroom is very small, may not convenient for big guy. The maid always busy, so the room will be cleaned late afternoon and they do not change towel for us. They keep it, but do not provide the new one, we have to ask them for the new one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate honest feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve. We will share your feedback with our Housekeeping Team as towels are an incredibly important part of your hotel stay. I apologize you had to ask us for replacements. As well, please note we do have refrigerators available upon request. While we cannot guarantee one will be available, you're welcome to ask for one upon arrival. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest! We hope you see you back again soon!

Safe and happy travels,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I go to Chicago for Dr apts.
Hotel Indigo is the only place I have stayed in the three year period I have had to go. They are courteous and do anything to make your stay the best. I would like to give a shout out to Lisa who works at front desk. She works hard, always has a smile, and is quick to help u in the most courteous way.
DN

• Stayed July 2013
What can we say, your review made our day!! Thank you for sharing your feedback!! We will be sure to recognize Lissa for her role in your Hotel Indigo guest experience. Lissa has been with our hotel for years and is a true asset to our Team. Thank you for recognizing her!! We will be sure to do the same!!

All the best to you,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is shocking that this under the portfolio of IHG. I checked in to learn I was not receiving the type of room I reserved. I asked if my reservation would not be honored, and was told in one word, NO. My very small room smelled like a sweaty locker room and there was wallpaper peeling on the walls. There was a tray on the bed with TV guide, remote, etc., but the only place to put it was on the desk and it took nearly the entire surface. The coffee maker didn't work. The TV was not a flatscreen.

The huge ray of sunshine was Shavon, who worked in the hotel cafe. Sunny dispostion, helpful, offering stellar customer service. There were other staff who were lovely as well, such as a front desk person who offered to get me soup from a nearby restaurant because their cafe closes quite early for a hotel. I would have liked to have given the hotel a good rating just for them, but just can't--the hotel itself needs some serious improving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback our guests provide as it gives us an opportunity to improve our overall guest experience. I sincerely apologize your room request was not honored and that your room was one that had not yet had a flat screen TV installed. Our TV installation project is now complete with all of our rooms receiving new TVs. We are in the process of updating our guest rooms and hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. Please feel free to contact me personally for future reservations. I'd really like you to have a true Hotel Indigo experience.

Again, my sincerest apologies that we disappointed you. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me.

Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

First of all, we loved the design and location of this place. Very cheerful, bright, homey. Just plain well designed. Big thumbs up. The location is in a neighborhood, away from the noise but walking distance to almost everything you need. The price was right as well but did not include breakfast (but this is a reasonable breakfast available downstairs and some great breakfast joints in the neighborhood.

We had a couple minor issues in maid service showing up at 5pm, a broken air conditioner, a bit of confusion at checkout on room booking that should have been easier to fix. Staff was professional about it. Otherwise, a good stay. Would go back.

Room Tip: We were in 602 on the East side (facing the street). Long narrow room with lots of windows and a goo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I was happy to hear you enjoyed the overall design and location of our hotel. It is a very unique property in a very unique neighborhood and it's great when our guests appreciate the difference between our hotel and so many others in the city. I apologize we fell short on service and thank you for your honest feedback. We share our reviews with our entire Team in order to continue to improve the overall guest experience. We thank you for choosing our hotel and for being willing to give us another shot. Please contact me personally for future reservations, I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks again!!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great hotel! The room interior made the place feel like home. The whole family slept great, which is usually a problem for us at other hotels. The staff was very helpful with directions to attractions and popular places to eat!

Room Tip: This hotel doesn't have a pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Your review title could not have made us any happier!! Obviously we are in the service industry and we aim each day to create "fantastic" Hotel Indigo guest experiences for each of our guests. When we're successful, we celebrate! Thank you for giving us a reason to celebrate!!

We also thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our hotel! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Safe and happy travels,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I really enjoyed the Indigo. Great location, and the look + feel is really fun: lots of bright colors everywhere. I had an issue with my original room, as the air conditioner or heating unit right outside my door was really loud. They moved me without any fuss.

I'm staying there for my next visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the noise level before unpacking your luggage. Ask to move rooms if necessar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback!! We do have a "cute little hotel" in a great location! Thank you for sharing those sentiments as well! I was pleased our Team quickly resolved your concern regarding the AC unit and that we were able to get you moved quickly. I agree with your advice to other travelers, to...Make sure you check out the noise level before unpacking your luggage. It is always easier to find you another room right after check-in than around bedtime once everyone has checked in.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for making us your hotel of choice for your next visit to Chicago!

All the best,
Destini

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast? Share your experiences!