“Dreadful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast

You added Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1244 N Dearborn Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60610 (Formerly Claridge Hotel) (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #92 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is shocking that this under the portfolio of IHG. I checked in to learn I was not receiving the type of room I reserved. I asked if my reservation would not be honored, and was told in one word, NO. My very small room smelled like a sweaty locker room and there was wallpaper peeling on the walls. There was a tray on the bed with TV guide, remote, etc., but the only place to put it was on the desk and it took nearly the entire surface. The coffee maker didn't work. The TV was not a flatscreen.

The huge ray of sunshine was Shavon, who worked in the hotel cafe. Sunny dispostion, helpful, offering stellar customer service. There were other staff who were lovely as well, such as a front desk person who offered to get me soup from a nearby restaurant because their cafe closes quite early for a hotel. I would have liked to have given the hotel a good rating just for them, but just can't--the hotel itself needs some serious improving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback our guests provide as it gives us an opportunity to improve our overall guest experience. I sincerely apologize your room request was not honored and that your room was one that had not yet had a flat screen TV installed. Our TV installation project is now complete with all of our rooms receiving new TVs. We are in the process of updating our guest rooms and hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. Please feel free to contact me personally for future reservations. I'd really like you to have a true Hotel Indigo experience.

Again, my sincerest apologies that we disappointed you. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me.

Destini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

First of all, we loved the design and location of this place. Very cheerful, bright, homey. Just plain well designed. Big thumbs up. The location is in a neighborhood, away from the noise but walking distance to almost everything you need. The price was right as well but did not include breakfast (but this is a reasonable breakfast available downstairs and some great breakfast joints in the neighborhood.

We had a couple minor issues in maid service showing up at 5pm, a broken air conditioner, a bit of confusion at checkout on room booking that should have been easier to fix. Staff was professional about it. Otherwise, a good stay. Would go back.

Room Tip: We were in 602 on the East side (facing the street). Long narrow room with lots of windows and a goo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I was happy to hear you enjoyed the overall design and location of our hotel. It is a very unique property in a very unique neighborhood and it's great when our guests appreciate the difference between our hotel and so many others in the city. I apologize we fell short on service and thank you for your honest feedback. We share our reviews with our entire Team in order to continue to improve the overall guest experience. We thank you for choosing our hotel and for being willing to give us another shot. Please contact me personally for future reservations, I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks again!!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great hotel! The room interior made the place feel like home. The whole family slept great, which is usually a problem for us at other hotels. The staff was very helpful with directions to attractions and popular places to eat!

Room Tip: This hotel doesn't have a pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Your review title could not have made us any happier!! Obviously we are in the service industry and we aim each day to create "fantastic" Hotel Indigo guest experiences for each of our guests. When we're successful, we celebrate! Thank you for giving us a reason to celebrate!!

We also thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our hotel! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Safe and happy travels,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I really enjoyed the Indigo. Great location, and the look + feel is really fun: lots of bright colors everywhere. I had an issue with my original room, as the air conditioner or heating unit right outside my door was really loud. They moved me without any fuss.

I'm staying there for my next visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the noise level before unpacking your luggage. Ask to move rooms if necessar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback!! We do have a "cute little hotel" in a great location! Thank you for sharing those sentiments as well! I was pleased our Team quickly resolved your concern regarding the AC unit and that we were able to get you moved quickly. I agree with your advice to other travelers, to...Make sure you check out the noise level before unpacking your luggage. It is always easier to find you another room right after check-in than around bedtime once everyone has checked in.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for making us your hotel of choice for your next visit to Chicago!

All the best,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The room is small, not good desk for working on my laptop. We have the view, but so so, but it costs us $200 per night. I understand that it is near the Chicago downtown and the price has to be higher. However, I believe that I could get a much better hotel by paying 40-60 dollars. So the price is a bit expensive. I am a bit regretful that I have made this choice (actually I get this deal from priceline, which is not a good experience).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am incredibly sorry you were disappointed in our hotel and your experience with Priceline. Our rooms do vary in size and layout and some rooms do offer better workspace than others. We hope you're experience at our hotel will not deter you from trying other Hotel Indigo locations. Each hotel is unique and offers an individual look into their local neighborhoods.

If I can assist you in any way, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback!

Jacksonville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We fiancé and I were going to Chicago for a night to catch a Cubs/Cards game. We stayed on a Thursday Night so we drove up that morning so we could go early and do a little sightseeing. Check in time is at 4:00 so we called to see if there were any early check-ins, they told me no guarantee. We ended up getting to the hotel after 2:30 sometime and we were able to check in. Making our reservation we bought a parking package which is the way to go. Front Desk people were helpful and we ended up talking to 2 different maintenance men who were also very helpful. Good Location, Very Nice, Hotel - our new go-to Chicago Hotel.

Room Tip: A/C has a loud Fan sound
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We loved this line in your review...Very Nice, Hotel - our new go-to Chicago Hotel.

Thank you!! The best compliment for us is your return visit! Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing our hotel! If I can be of assistance in any way for future reservations, please reach out to me.

Have a great day!!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great location at a very reasonable price. The rooms were a pleasant surprise, very nice and clean.
The only isues were the slow elevators and expensive valet parking. On the upside the parking garage was right next door to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the GREAT review!! Our location can't be beat and it is a wonderful benefit to have a parking garage right next door. We understand parking can be expensive in the city, that's why we offer our Park for a Penny package. Please be sure to check our website to see if we have the package available during your next visit, we think it's a great package and it sells out quickly. We suggest you call the hotel as well for reservations, we can guide you in the right direction depending on what you're looking for and what you plan to do during your stay. If I can assist you in any way in the future, please feel free to ask for me. I'll be happy to assist!

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for the great feedback!!

Safe and happy travels,
Destini

Been to Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast? Share your experiences!