“Definitely stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Washington, DC
“Definitely stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Very comfortable hotel with modern amenities and a great staff. Hot breakfast everyday is a nice touch as is the free internet. Bed is honestly the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay and I certainly do appreciate that you recommend us to others. I'm very pleased that you were comfortable here and found us to be a value.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Homewood Suites Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We were so pleassed with this hotel!! We went to chicago for a short trip and we could not have been happier. This hotel was not only a huge bargain but clean very very nice the staff was amazing and so helpful and friendly!!! I had left a camera in my car and boy they went to get it and came up to our room to give it to us. Took care of cabs for us, told us clubs to go to and how to get to different locations we needed. A breeze to get to off the freeway, FABULOUS location and the breakfast was not only FREE but very very good. I would recommend highly to friends and family and will be going back in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you homewood suites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Chicago. The thing that stands out to me is that you seem to have made the most of your trip and our location.

I hope that you will consider us for future visits to Chicago.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed here over new year's weekend with friends and had an enjoyable stay.
The hotel is in a perfect location and is only blocks away from Michigan Avenue and within walking distance to many great restaurants. There is also a shopping mall right across the street.
The room was very clean and had plenty of space to accommodate five people. Our suite also included a pull out bed. The bathroom was a decent size and well maintained. The free breakfast was an added bonus with lots of choice.
Would totally go back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit on what turned out to be quite a busy time. It looks like you made the most of the area and enjoyed Chicago which is nice to see.

Thank you again and I hope you do consider us for future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

The location was amazing (easy walk to both the north and south loops, and of course the Mag mile). The staff was so friendly! I'm Canadian and I can say that not even WE have people as hospitable as there was at the Homewood hotel. I'm only staying at this hotel when I visit Chicago from now on.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time in Chicago.

Please do consider us when you return to Chicago in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

we recently just stayed at this hotel for one night. everything about our stay was great! the rooms are very spacious, the hotel staff were all very friendly and the location can't be beat! next time we are in chicago we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comment about our staff. Your subject line is certainly the level of service we strive for. I hope we make it sometimes.

Thank you again and I hope we do have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I recently returned from a weekend trip to Chicago and a two-night stay at the Homewood Suites. The hotel is easy to find, a mere block away from the Red Line's Grand station. The pleasant desk clerk had me checked-in in less than two minutes, and I was off to my room. The one bedroom suite was big, with a proper kitchen (with a stovetop and full-size fridge), work desk, sleeper sofa and flatscreen tv in one room, and a King bed, flatscreen tv, and bathroom in the other. Clean, comfortable and with a great view of downtown.

The complimentary breakfast was very tasty with numerous hot and cold options. I was there on the weekend, so I didn't have a chance to test out the light dinner that's served Mon-Thu, but based on the breakfast, I'd guess it's pretty tasty as well. In addition to Michigan Ave, and all the downtown Chicago landmarks, if you're looking to save some cash, there are also a number of fast food restaurants (Chipotle, Jimmy John's, McDonald's) within a couple block walk of the hotel.

The price was great for the location and amenities (free wifi!) provided, and I just can't see myself staying anywhere else when I next come to Chicago.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay and for the kind comments. I especially like the fact that you took such great advantage of our location and value.

Thank you again and we will look forward to your future visits.

St Louis Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We spent a few days in Chicago to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival the staff provided us with a complimentary bottle of wine. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was always crowded but well stocked. Every member of the hotel made us feel welcome. This was our second trip to Chicago and to this hotel. It is a great value!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us and Happy Anniversary! I'm glad that we were able to help make it special. It is always nice for me to see that people take advantage of our great location.

Thanks again and I hope you make the Homewood Suites an annual tradition.

Homewood Suites Chicago

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!