“Enjoyed my stay ..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
“Enjoyed my stay ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a month .. Location was awesome... Magnificent mile is just a block away.. Supermarkets.. pizzas.. Shopping.. Offices.. Navy pier.. everything in a walking distance.. corner rooms facing roadside have fantastic views.. Staff is courteous .. Overall a nice experience..

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
963pradeepp,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I also see that you were able to take advantage of the wonderful location as you visited many of the sights and restaurants in the area. I appreciate you mentioning the courteous staff. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

as opposed to explaining heres a copy of the letter i sent to the GM :
Dear General Operations manager and Concerned parties,
December, 17, 2014
I am contacting you to express my disgust after visiting your Homewood suites hotel group located at 40 e grand in Chicago Illinois. I stayed in your hotels in attempt to celebrate the completion of my masters as my ceremony was earlier that day. The first issue which must be addressed is the billing.
1st issue LACK OF FINANCIAL RESPNSIBILITY OF YOUR INSTITUTIION
My room was 109 + taxes and 55 for valet. My final folio was 181 -I have the copy! The initial authorization amount was for 145.00. Instead of doing 1 authorization you did two authorizations of 145.00 As of yesterday you had turned one of the charges to a 291.88 charge and left the 145.00 authorization still! I contacted your hotel to find out what was going on and I was told that there was no record of that amount being charged and was then you sent over a folio for 208.00 and see that you added another vehicle to my bill - Have you guys lost it! I never authorized another car! Or was I asked about another car - how dare you. You turned a 109.00 room into 436.00 in charges. I go online today to see a 80.00 refund and still a 145.00 authorization. As a government employee I am shocked and appalled by your hotels lack of regard for financial responsibility. These charges will be disputed through my bank.

2ND ISSUE - BLATENT DECEPTIVE PRACTICES - FALSE ADVERTISING
I originally was supposed to stay at the embassy suites, there was no availability warn I booked so I was offered the Homewood suites as an alternative. Prior to reserving I inquired deeply about the hotel and its accommodations and was told it would be comparable to the embassy - wet bar and all. I was shocked to get there and find that my room looked like that 70’s show or a neighborhood hotel fully equipped with holes in the couches – on the mag mile? It was embarrassing. I will be sending a complaint to your headquarters disputing your erroneous charges, making a complaint online so others will be forewarned - and I will advise my co – workers family and friends to never book at your hotel again. I frequently visit hotels, the wit , the dana hotel, crowne plaza, the Fairmont etc. for you to be a four star Hilton hotel I am quite disappointed in your services and accommodations.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Suanye H,

Thank you for your feedback after your visit to our hotel. It is our goal to create an excellent experience for every guest. I regret the fact that we were not able to do so for you and will review the issues with the team. No guest should walk out of the hotel unsatisfied with service, billing, or accommodations. Thank you again for your feedback.

Madison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a fabulous stay at Homewood Suites. It started with the valet guys Sal and Nino. These two guys know how to give a great first impression to an arriving guest. They helped me with everything I needed throughout my stay and just made me feel good about choosing this hotel. The other valet guys were good to but I had the most interaction with these two. People in the lobby and reception areas were also just great. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying downtown Chicago.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Scott G,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was happy to see that you had a fabulous experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team: especially Sal and Nino. Thank you for recommending our hotel to anyone who has plans on visiting Chicago. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed in room 1405 for 3 nights. Check in was quick and staff very friendly as well as professional. This hotel is in an excellent location - close to the train, bus stop, supermarket, department store and anything else you might need during your stay.
The king size bed was super cozy and the suite was very clean.
The hotel provides a great hot/cold breakfast each morning with a wide selection to choose from. Our room overlooked the city and was a good size for a city hotel. Great to have a kitchenette in the suite complete with dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposer and full size fridge.
Monday to Thursday nights the hotel provides dinner for guests included in your room rate. Dinner also comes with beer and wine.
At $149 per night we were highly impressed and would recommend Homewood suites as the place to stay in downtown Chicago.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Madjude,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that your experience at our hotel was perfect. I also see that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, evening Manager’s reception, and in-suite kitchen. Thank you for recommending our hotel to everyone out there. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Aurora, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were so happy with everything about this hotel for two women on a few days of shopping. A simple walk down the road and up and escalator and you step onto Michigan avenue. The free midweek dinner was helpful to us for one of the nights. Our room on the 19th floor had a great view. The living room part of the suite is small but great to have. The bed was comfortable and the linens quality. The rest of the suite is not luxurious and we didn't need the kitchenette other than the refrigerator. The breakfast that is included is good and better than a lot of free hotel breakfasts. I would stay here again. I liked the free herbal teas 24 hours in the lobby.
There are five good restaurants within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Cheryl C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you loved your experience at Homewood Suites. I can also see that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the 24 hour coffee/tea station. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Just your typical, aged hotel. The wallpaper is torn and worn. The kitchen drawers don't quiet work right anymore. Furniture has seen better days. Just time for at least a face lift. This kind of apathy continues throughout. Not as clean as nearby hotels which I frequent. Staff does the minimum. Breakfast could be poured out of a box or purchased at 7-11.

The location is what makes this a decent place. It generally has a good price. So for my extended business stays it gives me a little more "home." Having a the kitchen and Trader Joe's a couple blocks away is just great.

• Stayed December 2014
Fu22,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize for any disappointment you encountered at our hotel. However, I was happy to see that you enjoyed the location and the in-suite kitchen. Thank you again for your feedback.

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Went on a business trip and stayed here for a little over a week. The room location was great with a view of the Lake and a 2 minute walk to Michigan Ave. Room was comfortable and clean. Hotel is quite large and there are a lot of amenities it has to offer. I normally prefer a smaller quieter hotel in the area. That is my only real disappointment is that it is too busy for me. Restaurant serves good food at hotel prices.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Steve C,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I also see that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast options. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!