I choosed the Homewood Suites by Hilton, because I am Hilton gold card member and thought I can get an room upgrade for my whole week stay.
I got a so called 'king suite', but that king must be very poor. The room was really simple and old funitured. Well, what you get is a small sleeping room with a king size bed and direct connected bathrrom and a livingroom with a kitchen.
The fridge made loud noises and you have to turn it down if you dont want to hear it at night when you sleep.
The Homewood Suites offering free breakfast, but don't expect much. It's very simple scambled eggs and saussage (tasting like filled with 80% bread and 20% meet) or bacon, some fruits, thin juices and coffee or tea.
Monday to thursday you get some food and cheap wine in the late afternoon as well.
The housekeeping is not cleaning very professionell. The bathroom was not really clean and there was dust everywhere in the livingroom.
If you don't want to get disturbed by the street noise, choose a high floor and stay away from the elevator; btw, they have just elevators, that's enough. Sometimes you have to wait long time to get an elevator.
I don't know why americans always have to slap the doors and have to talk very loud late night on the floor.
The stuff is friendly and tries to help you for any question.
The location is perfect for shopping and the next tube station is just one block away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points –receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites