“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Downtown Parking!
Ranked #37 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Miami, Florida
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A clean, modern hotel. The guest room was large, with free wi-fi and breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. A quality budget-minded hotel in the heart of the Chicago Loop with fairly easy access to everything. We will return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
CliffKol,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of the great location we are in and the amenities we offer such as the wi-fi and breakfast. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just checked out of this wonderful hotel after a 7 night stay. The location is perfect - a stone's throw from both Michigan Avenue and State Street - and all the staff are a very friendly and efficient bunch.
I visited with a friend who lives in a wheelchair 24/7. It's a manual one so she self-propels. Everyone was amazed at how we walked/wheeled everywhere and only took a cab once (when it was cold and wet) and we had to get down to Navy Pier to catch a boat!
Our king size suite was on the top floor so we had great views across the city. It was wheelchair friendly and very well equiped with a hob, microwave, dishwasher & fridge/freezer. We never used these though as we ate breakfast each morning and took advantage of the complimentary evening meal Mon-Thurs. When we did eat out we used the R&B Grill just 2 blocks away - delicious!
This was our first visit to Chicago but it won't be our last - we'll be back and we'll check into the Homewood Suites again for sure!!

Room Tip: Can recommend the 19th floor for the view, peace and quiet and lovely comfy bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was honored that you felt like you were at home while staying with us at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and evening manager’s reception. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I took a group of 7 to Chicago for a few days. This was my first experience at a Homewood Suites. We were all quite pleased. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms were huge. The meals were good with plenty of food and drink. The location of the facility was very convenient to the various activities I had planned. I will definitely use this facility again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites during your Chicago getaway. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the extremely friendly and welcoming staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Great location. Location felt safe. Close to subway. Quiet location on 15th floor. Very comfortable. Front desk staff were very helpful. We did not have a car but parking was expensive. Room was large.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Debjohnson59,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I was glad that you felt we were in a great location, had a very helpful staff, and that you felt safe. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I love this hotel! The staff are friendly and helpful. I arrived early and was able to check into my room. The receptionist was very helpful and suggested things to do on my first day in Chicago. One was the architectural river cruise. A great thing to do and made my visit to Chicago more interesting.
My room was comfortable and spacious. It had a separate bedroom, good size bathroom and a large wardrobe. A full size fridge, microwave, cook top and dishwasher. I had a view of the Hancock Building. I left some dishes in the sink planning on washing them later, but the housekeeping staff put them through the dishwasher for me.
Location is great and easy walking distance to just about everywhere. I walked miles and miles (good thing Chicago is flat). There is a Trader Joe's around the corner, many restaurants nearby and a shopping centre across the road.
The free breakfast was ok and differed each day. I didn't try the free evening meals, but they smelt delicious!
All the staff were polite, helpful and are to be praised for their service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
51traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was incredibly happy after seeing that you felt Homewood Suites was a Gem in Chicago; thank you for the kind words. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the amenities in your suite such as the fridge, microwave, and stove. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Was our first trip to Chicago, this hotel was perfect for us, great location, very nice staff, specially the staff present during breakfast and dinner, which were free and very good, specially the breakfast. The room was very nice and confortable, the sofa bed was not very confortable. The only complain I have is the valet parking, it was to expensive, when I got there they told me that the price was average in comparision with other nearby parkings, but walking around I saw cheaper ones. Would definitely stay again and would recomend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gogo444,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great location. Convenient to the MagMile and lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms area bit smaller than most H.S. but still nice to have the extra room with kitchen and living area. Breakfast area can get a bit overwhelmed as it is not large so don't be surprised by a long line. Weeknight dinners are decent. Red line station at the next block.

Room Tip: Lower levels really have limited views with taller buildings all around. But just get out and enjoy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the full kitchen and separate bedroom in your suite. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!