“Great staff, food and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Downtown Parking!
Ranked #31 of 167 hotels in Chicago
“Great staff, food and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

These suites are great specially if its cold and you feel like a night in. The staff are fantastic special mention goes to connie at breakfast who made our breakfast a pleasure every morning with her smiling and friendly face, the kids loved her friendly demeanour. Food was great for a complementary breakfast and we were surprised they had a complementary simple dinner including wine and beer for 2 hrs every weeknight.
Another special mention goes to the front desk as when my son fell ill we urgently required a doctor and they recommended the best place to go to we're we got in straight away.
Handy location right near the "L" that we used to get to and from Ohare.
All up a very handy location with fantastic staff in a location close to everything.
Thanks homewood suites chicago.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Andrew C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family had a great experience at Homewood Suites despite your son feeling ill. I appreciate you taking the time to mention Connie and the front desk staff; I will pass your compliments along to the team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

1,525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Spent 4 nights here for a shopping, sightseeing long weekend.

The Homewood Suites was a perfect location. One block to the Red Line. One Block from Michigan Ave, and very close to restaurants and bars.

One Tip, if you are going to Michigan Ave from the hotel and don’t want to walk outside, go across the street and enter the mall on the corner. You can walk about 2-3 block inside and it will exit you right on Michigan Ave.

We took advantage of the breakfast all 4 mornings. It’s pretty much the same every day, but it worked out perfect for us. Fresh and well prepared.

We only hit the dinner one night. Very good. Much more than happy hours at other hotels.

We hit Jewel which is about 2 blocks away to stock up for supplies and alcohol the first day. It works out perfect with the fridge in the room. One more tip. Call the operator for ice and they will bring up a bag that you can throw in the freezer.

The room was comfortable with two adults and two teen girls. The girls said the mattress on the couch in the living room was a little uncomfortable but not unbearable.

We met Jason park. The gentleman that answers TA reviews. Very nice man and is very knowledgeable for things to do and how to get there. Look him up and say hi.

Overall I would rate this hotel very high and would defiantly stay there again next time we are in Chicago.

Skerlarry,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It was a pleasure to meet you and I was glad to have had the opportunity to speak with you. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

From start to finish, the Homewood Suites looked after everything we needed. The staff we incredibly friendly, especially the doormen downstairs. They really made our trip very memorable. The breakfast every morning was delicious and well worth the money. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have beautiful views of the lake.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Ricolachip,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you had a memorable experience while at our hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We are from the suburbs of Chicago and after Christmas every year my 2 daughters ages 12 and 10 stay at the Homewood suites for a few days. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are suites with a bedroom and a seperate sitting area and kitchen. The rooms are clean and very comfortable for our famly of four. They have a very nice included breakfast in the morning. The best part of the hotel is its location. Right in off Michigan avenue and the magmile. All the shopping and restaurants and Navy pier and the Museums and the Aquarium and the plays and the sports venues!!! Chicago rocks!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mahalo123,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your vacation at Homewood Suite. It seems like the hotel was perfectly located for all the activities you and your family had planned while in downtown Chicago. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

From the moment I made my reservation with Maurese Nelson till now so sad that he is no longer here everything he promised was delivered.
To Roger Young helping me with all my computer issues.....and then there is Michael Campbell who I happen to think is my personal concierge the first night that I arrived 5 hours late, exhausted and hungry he greated me with a big smile and lead me to Volare for dinner....dinner was exceptional the Johnnie Walker Blue even better.Michael has been making my stay here exceptional he's knowledgeable about the area, he understands the costumers needs even the most minute detail. He answers and meets my needs before i even open my mouth. I will always stay at this Hotel whenever I am in Chicago. My next trips include Colorado, California, Florida....I hope I find another Michael Campbell at each Homewood Suite I stay. :) If not please send him.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paradise G,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you felt your received 5 star service throughout your experience at our hotel. I will definitely pass-along your compliments to both Roger and Michael. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

As a novice traveler in Chicago, the front desk staff helped make our stay a great one. They gave us some helpful sight seeing tips. When you stay at Homewood Suites, stop by the front desk and talk to the staff. They will give you directions, and they have coupons available. I want to come back and bring my family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lauren M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was happy to see that you will be back to Homewood Suites with your family. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the helpful front desk staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you and your family back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Lakeland, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel good, great location for all you downtown fun. Close to the red line. Rooms a little small, ok for a family of 4. Breakfast good, nothing out of the ordinary. Staff very friendly and will go out of the way to meet your needs. Would stay here again.

MNGuy 12,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!