Spent 4 nights here for a shopping, sightseeing long weekend.
The Homewood Suites was a perfect location. One block to the Red Line. One Block from Michigan Ave, and very close to restaurants and bars.
One Tip, if you are going to Michigan Ave from the hotel and don’t want to walk outside, go across the street and enter the mall on the corner. You can walk about 2-3 block inside and it will exit you right on Michigan Ave.
We took advantage of the breakfast all 4 mornings. It’s pretty much the same every day, but it worked out perfect for us. Fresh and well prepared.
We only hit the dinner one night. Very good. Much more than happy hours at other hotels.
We hit Jewel which is about 2 blocks away to stock up for supplies and alcohol the first day. It works out perfect with the fridge in the room. One more tip. Call the operator for ice and they will bring up a bag that you can throw in the freezer.
The room was comfortable with two adults and two teen girls. The girls said the mattress on the couch in the living room was a little uncomfortable but not unbearable.
We met Jason park. The gentleman that answers TA reviews. Very nice man and is very knowledgeable for things to do and how to get there. Look him up and say hi.
Overall I would rate this hotel very high and would defiantly stay there again next time we are in Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Suites Chicago
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites
- Chicago Homewood
- Chicago Homewood Suite
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points –receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.