“More bang for your dollar!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“More bang for your dollar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect location near the downtown (there's even a Trader Joe's just a couple of blocks away) - and across the street from Nordstroms! Very ample breakfast included in the room. 24/7 coffee/tea available in the lobby. Room was clean, bed and pillows very comfortable. And the service was great! Will definitely return again. Well below prices for other hotels within the area. We were able to walk everywhere.

Room Tip: We had a suite that included a kitchen and pull out couch for our adult son. Very roomy. No spa, b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Sunred10,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and 24/7 coffee and tea station. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

On my many business trips to Chicago I stay in various upscale hotels (see my reviews of the Intercontinental). This time I was intrigued by the excellent rates at the Homewood Suites and the very good reviews on Tripadvisor. Turned out to be an excellent move on my part. My suite was perfect for the single traveler with a bedroom, living room and kitchen area. The room was clean and very comfortable. Front desk people were very welcoming. They offer a cooked breakfast in the morning (included) and it was OK but in comparison to the $30+ one would pay for breakfast at other hotels in the area...it was a great deal.

Excellent location as well - only a block or so from Michigan Avenue. I also used the gym facilities - good selection of equipment. Had a nice indoor pool but I didn't use. This would be a great place for a family in town to see the sights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sadec1970,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites while in town on business. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our third stay at Homewood Suites, Chicago Downtown. Once again, the highlight is the superb customer service right from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating. Jason, Marcus, Starr, and the others at the front desk, the Lodge staff, and the valet/bell desk attendants were all fantastic.

We received excellent directions to area attractions, recommendations for transportation and food delivery, and cabs hailed whenever we needed them. Marcus arranged to have a DVD player brought up to the room so we could watch one of the movies provided complimentary in the Suite Shop.

Breakfast was sufficient with a wide range of offerings. The Welcome Home reception was great for supplementing our ordered food (picky eaters), and for a glass of wine before heading out for the evening. Dinner ordered as suggested from Rosati's arrived at the hotel in about 20 minutes.

As mentioned in some previous reviews, the complimentary wifi was a bit sketchy but we found accessing from the pool area when there or closer to the hallway made it a lot better.

We will definitely stay again! Great value for families. Look for the parking package as it greatly reduces the valet parking charge (in-out priviledges included).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Jendon,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the superb customer service you received from the staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Overall excellent hotel but very frustrating free wifi access, which dropped out every few minutes. Same on two ipads, which made planning difficult. Not sure if it matters, but we were on 17th floor, south side. I am accustomed to slow wifi in hotels, but the signal just vanished every five minutes or somonce signed in. As I write this I have lost the connection yet again! Another small issue, room was a bit hot, but we were able to open windows to cool off a bit at night although frequent sirens were noisy. Just two minor issues with an overall great experience otherwise. Location, service, value excellent. I rarely write reviews, but I think it is important to understand the wifi issue if you plan on the fly as we do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
skwebby,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I would like to take a moment to apologize for any difficulties you had with the WiFi connection during your stay. Even with the inconvenience, I was delighted to see that you and your family had a great experience at our hotel. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is all-suite, tons of room, and price for a 3 night stay that equals a one night stay in most of the surrounding hotels. (Paid $450 for 3 nights Fri-Sun when most hotels were charging $100 on top of their Sat night prices!) Location is PRIME- just one block west of Michigan Ave- corner of Wabash within walking distance to most any restaurant/attraction or Magnificent Mile shop you want to see. We had a king bed suite; folding doors closed off the bedroom from the living area with kitchenette (dishwasher!), good-sized fridge, fold out sofabed, and flat screen tvs in both rooms. Staff is friendly. Pool is about 20 yards (with screaming kids); fitness room (4 treadmills, free weights) has the best view of the hotel, that I could tell. I didn't use the breakfast bar, but another in our group went for coffee/snack at 6am and said it was busy Sat/Sun am. I am making this my Chicago hotel home- can't beat the price, size, and location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Ealistello,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you are making Homewood Suites your hotel of choice when visiting Chicago. I was glad that you found value at our hotel in the form of service, price, and amenities. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in February 2013 - me, my husband and our 13 y.o. daughter. We booked 1 bedroom suite with two double beds. It was very relaxing stay, no problems at all. The room was clean and comfortable, beds were nice enough and clean, even free (included into the price :) breakfast was very nice: all we needed, cereal, scrambled eggs and sausages, fruits, variety of breads, juices, coffee and even teas. They even changed breakfast food a little bit: we stayed two nights, so ate two breakfasts so far. One morning they had pancakes, the next morning they put our waffle makers. One night we were eligible for the ”free dinner” (manager’s reception?). We walked around Chicago all the day around, so we were too lazy to go out for dinner and we ate in the hotel – as long as we already paid for it :) Of course the dinner was not anything fancy, but it was good enough for us: Italian breadsticks, sort of dumplings or ravioli – two kinds, with chicken and with cheese, marinara sauce, some red and white wine and some beer. We were quite happy. The more that we had full kitchen in the room, and we were driving by our own car, so we brought some stuff with us and kept it in the refrigerator, in case we needed some extra food or snack or nicer beer :) Our daughter tried the swimming pool one evening- it wasn’t fancy, but was O’K. The only our complaint – the internet (it was complementary, which was nice) didn’t work very well. My husband kept complaining that the internet connection on his I-pad kept failing. As far as I see that’s common complain about this hotel. We didn’t have any noise problems at all. The refrigerator was making funny sounds, but we got accustomed and didn’t; pay attention: we love to have refrigerator in the room! The staff in the hotel was very nice – reception, breakfast area, guys at the doors who help with taxi cabs and luggage – everybody was very helpful. Also the location of the hotel was extremely convenient – right downtown. Never once we needed any transportation walking around downtown, the walk to the Art Institute took only about 10 minutes, and there were two (!) Starbuck’s on the way :) We drove only to Shedd aquarium, but we were leaving that day anyways, and checked out from the hotel in the morning. To park the car was – yes – pricy. But I looked through many hotels in the area, before I picked this one – they all have the same expensive parking. That’s the price for staying downtown, I guess. So I would very much recommend this hotel for nice family getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
itsmeJoie,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience with us. I see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests as well as the location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My annual professional convention lures me to Chicago yearly. Homewood Suites on Grand is the best value ever so that is where we stay. Rooms are a teeny bit dated but extremely functional with fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and two televisions.
Never...NEVER, anywhere have I met such customer satisfaction from the staff, The Valet, the Front Desk, and especially the maids. This is the friendliest hotel!

Room Tip: Single Rooms that end on 10 are corner rooms and are more spacious.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
2thfixer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you felt Homewood Suites was the friendliest hotel! I appreciate all of your thoughtful compliments for the hotel and the staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, whether for business or pleasure, we will remain a top choice for you.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!