“Great place to celebrate Thanksgiving!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
De Pere, WI
“Great place to celebrate Thanksgiving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Spent Thanksgiving here with the family. There were pros and cons to our stay -- with the pros winning the day. The door men were very helpful. The workout facility was clean and adequate, but the pool with small and offered no whirlpool. Our suit was clean and spacious. The kitchen was nice, even offered some cookware. One problem is the frig was very noisy! The hotel is well situated. You really can get a good taste of Chicago will staying here. Make sure you try Joe's Seafood and P.F. Chang's. Go to Sable if you want an upscale drink experience.

Room Tip: Check out Joe's Seafood for dinner and then Sable for a drink.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Emerging!,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was happy to see that Homewood Suites was a great place for you and your family to celebrate Thanksgiving. I was also pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your spacious suite and the amenities we provide. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were looking for a getaway for the Thanksgiving Holiday from Texas. I have family in Chicago but don't like to stay in the suburbs because driving to the city is Ridiculous!!!! I am very picky of where I stay and the cleanliness of my room.

I searched Tripadvisor but everything was so expensive. Then I came across the Homewood Suites. The price was a deal and it included valet parking!!!! Those who know Chicago, you can't find overnight parking for Under $40 a night.

I was a little concerned because the rooms seemed to be under priced for that area, but I took a chance. We arrived to a clean king 1 Bedroom suite. The room was a little smaller than other 1 bedrooms i have stayed in. The king bed was comfortable, but the kids needed more padding on there pullout sofa bed. We asked for another padded sheet and the kids slept like babies all night.

I would stay here again!!!!

Warning!!! iPhone GPS Does Not Work In Downtown Chicago!!!! The first day I went the wrong way and ended up at Navy Pier.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AVBEARS17,

Thank you for recently staying with us over the Thanksgiving Holiday and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you and your family had a great experience while staying with us. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Very nice staff and hardworkers too. Thank uou guadalupe and the rest of the staff. But dear hilton, please charge me $20 mote per night and do some much needed renovating!!!

Rooms were a bit worn out. Oh and add a movie rental service please.

FamilyMan70,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I appreciate you for taking the time to mention the very nice and hardworking staff. I can happily say that we are looking forward to a renovation in the near future. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a good hotel, with kind staff, good suites and a great breakfast. However, with its reception on the 6th floor, there is inevitably an increased demand for elevators, but there are only two; so expect some significant delays at busy times! Small swimming pool on 19th floor is a real bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Peter W,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your suite and the hotel during your stay with us. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and pool. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Agawam, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I decided to try Homewood Suites for the couple of days in Chicago that I was staying after a business trip and was so glad I did! The hotel is conveniently located to shopping, Millenium Park, Bloomingdale's and lots of other shopping, wonderful restaurants - expensive as well as family-priced. I went on 3 walking tours in the city and was able to walk to the tour meeting area for each one. In fact, the only time I needed a cab was to return to the airport. The hotel serves breakfast and during the week, dinner with beer and wine, all included in the very reasonable price. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the business center was among the best I've used. My tub drained a little slowly, but I've experienced that in $300-a-night rooms while on the road. I highly recommend it when you're looking for clean, convenient, quiet and best of all, reasonably priced!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Mary W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff and for recommending our hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What really made this hotel stand out was the superior service from the moment we stepped out of the cab. The porters immediately grabbed our luggage from the trunk and whisked it onto a cart where it was delivered to our room. The checkin was quick and effortless, our request for a room with two double beds was immediately accommodated, and we were provided with a list of area restaurants within walking distance as well as coupons for the restaurant we chose. The entire staff was polite, friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was convenient and tasty, although quite crowded on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The location is right in the middle of many downtown Chicago attractions. The only minor distraction was noise from the neighboring room which we could clearly hear from the living room area. The bedroom however was quiet and there was absolutely no street noise during the night. I would highly recommend this hotel for value, cleanliness, comfort and an overall pleasant experience in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wrldtraveler314,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable experience at Homewood Suites. I was pleased to see that you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast. I was also glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the many sights downtown Chicago has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the polite, friendly, and helpful staff; I will pass your compliments along to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here because it was about halfway between two meetings I attended. While the parking was not cheap it was convenient and did not take long to get my car. The room was comfortable and having a seperate bedroom and living area was good. I was surprised that there was both breakfast and dinner, with wine, included in the cost. I was able to get a room on a higher floor, which cut down on the city noise. I found the staff to be helpful. The location is very good, close to shopping and restaurants,also easy to get to from the expressway. The hotel was better than expected.

Room Tip: the higher up the better for quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Redinked,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your experience while at our hotel. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!