“Thanksgiving” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #39 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Troy, Michigan
“Thanksgiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Very nice staff and hardworkers too. Thank uou guadalupe and the rest of the staff. But dear hilton, please charge me $20 mote per night and do some much needed renovating!!!

Rooms were a bit worn out. Oh and add a movie rental service please.

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
FamilyMan70,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I appreciate you for taking the time to mention the very nice and hardworking staff. I can happily say that we are looking forward to a renovation in the near future. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a good hotel, with kind staff, good suites and a great breakfast. However, with its reception on the 6th floor, there is inevitably an increased demand for elevators, but there are only two; so expect some significant delays at busy times! Small swimming pool on 19th floor is a real bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Peter W,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your suite and the hotel during your stay with us. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and pool. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Agawam, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I decided to try Homewood Suites for the couple of days in Chicago that I was staying after a business trip and was so glad I did! The hotel is conveniently located to shopping, Millenium Park, Bloomingdale's and lots of other shopping, wonderful restaurants - expensive as well as family-priced. I went on 3 walking tours in the city and was able to walk to the tour meeting area for each one. In fact, the only time I needed a cab was to return to the airport. The hotel serves breakfast and during the week, dinner with beer and wine, all included in the very reasonable price. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the business center was among the best I've used. My tub drained a little slowly, but I've experienced that in $300-a-night rooms while on the road. I highly recommend it when you're looking for clean, convenient, quiet and best of all, reasonably priced!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Mary W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff and for recommending our hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What really made this hotel stand out was the superior service from the moment we stepped out of the cab. The porters immediately grabbed our luggage from the trunk and whisked it onto a cart where it was delivered to our room. The checkin was quick and effortless, our request for a room with two double beds was immediately accommodated, and we were provided with a list of area restaurants within walking distance as well as coupons for the restaurant we chose. The entire staff was polite, friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was convenient and tasty, although quite crowded on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The location is right in the middle of many downtown Chicago attractions. The only minor distraction was noise from the neighboring room which we could clearly hear from the living room area. The bedroom however was quiet and there was absolutely no street noise during the night. I would highly recommend this hotel for value, cleanliness, comfort and an overall pleasant experience in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wrldtraveler314,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable experience at Homewood Suites. I was pleased to see that you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast. I was also glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the many sights downtown Chicago has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the polite, friendly, and helpful staff; I will pass your compliments along to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here because it was about halfway between two meetings I attended. While the parking was not cheap it was convenient and did not take long to get my car. The room was comfortable and having a seperate bedroom and living area was good. I was surprised that there was both breakfast and dinner, with wine, included in the cost. I was able to get a room on a higher floor, which cut down on the city noise. I found the staff to be helpful. The location is very good, close to shopping and restaurants,also easy to get to from the expressway. The hotel was better than expected.

Room Tip: the higher up the better for quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Redinked,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your experience while at our hotel. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Morton Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Another strong showing by Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. We didn't ask for much but they delivered on everything from the valet vehicle service (on an extremely busy Mag. mile lighted parade weekend) to the complimentary breakfast the following morning. Location is excellent given Michigan ave., and all the restaurants, theatre options, etc.. avaiable. The only downside is the extremely busy elevators (there are only 2 available) and on a Sunday morning with everyone leaving you can wait for up to 5 minutes to "catch a car" but they are usually full and you have to wait for another or take the stairs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Danimals,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the waiting time for the elevators. We have started using the service elevator for the convenience of our guests during peak periods.

I was happy to see that you had an excellent overall experience at Homewood Suites. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer and that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the various destinations downtown Chicago has to offer. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

naperville, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I live in the burbs but was going downtown for Lasik surgery and was by myself. I wanted the convenience of being able to cab it to the hospital and back to my room to sleep through the worst part and return to the dr's office the following morning before heading back home. Since check in wasn't until 4 PM I was concerned about being able to arrive early as my surgery was scheduled for 1 PM. I booked through the on-line reservation and added a note for early arrival. I also called their customer service number to confirm if an early arrival would be ok. They recommended that I call the morning of my arrival. So I called that morning, and Lorena was very pleasant and said that my note for an early arrive was highlighted and they were expecting me. I booked the room with the parking package. I pulled up to valet parking around noon and Noah greeted me with a warm hello and a smile. He gave me the ticket for my car, wrote down the extension to call when I was ready to leave, and said the car would be available in 10 minutes. He told me that the front desk was on the 6th floor... and have a great day. Very pleasant. I proceeded to check in on the 6th floor, where I was greeted with another warm hello by Starr. She knew I was there under special circumstances and told me that anything I needed, just give a call and they would have someone bring it up for me - even though this is not a "room service" hotel. Check in took all of 5 minutes - if that - and they were absolutely wonderful. I was in my room on the 14th floor within minutes and was very pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. It was a two room suite that was the perfect size. Everything was updated from the TVs to the granite counter tops & ledges, to the duvet on the bed - which, by the way, was more comfortable than I even expected! Everything was exceptionally clean. They even threw in a bag of microwave popcorn (a plus for me since I didn't want to go anywhere). Off I went to my scheduled appt and it was so close that I was able to walk and didn't need the cab. Talk about convenience of the location... It's close and in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. When I returned, I was welcomed back with warm hellos and a quiet room. I was not disturbed by outside noises at all and was very comfortable for the rest of my stay. The morning buffet was perfect and had quite a selection and variety for everyone. When I was ready to leave, I called the number that Noah gave me and went down about 5 minutes later... my car was just pulling up. I would come back here in a heartbeat - thank you all for taking the extra minute to read my special request and for making my stay that much more comfortable and hassle-free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michellenalex,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you had a wonderful experience while staying at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests. I was also glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while in town for a Lasik procedure. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the pleasant and helpful staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!