“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park & Save
Ranked #68 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
naperville, il
“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I live in the burbs but was going downtown for Lasik surgery and was by myself. I wanted the convenience of being able to cab it to the hospital and back to my room to sleep through the worst part and return to the dr's office the following morning before heading back home. Since check in wasn't until 4 PM I was concerned about being able to arrive early as my surgery was scheduled for 1 PM. I booked through the on-line reservation and added a note for early arrival. I also called their customer service number to confirm if an early arrival would be ok. They recommended that I call the morning of my arrival. So I called that morning, and Lorena was very pleasant and said that my note for an early arrive was highlighted and they were expecting me. I booked the room with the parking package. I pulled up to valet parking around noon and Noah greeted me with a warm hello and a smile. He gave me the ticket for my car, wrote down the extension to call when I was ready to leave, and said the car would be available in 10 minutes. He told me that the front desk was on the 6th floor... and have a great day. Very pleasant. I proceeded to check in on the 6th floor, where I was greeted with another warm hello by Starr. She knew I was there under special circumstances and told me that anything I needed, just give a call and they would have someone bring it up for me - even though this is not a "room service" hotel. Check in took all of 5 minutes - if that - and they were absolutely wonderful. I was in my room on the 14th floor within minutes and was very pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. It was a two room suite that was the perfect size. Everything was updated from the TVs to the granite counter tops & ledges, to the duvet on the bed - which, by the way, was more comfortable than I even expected! Everything was exceptionally clean. They even threw in a bag of microwave popcorn (a plus for me since I didn't want to go anywhere). Off I went to my scheduled appt and it was so close that I was able to walk and didn't need the cab. Talk about convenience of the location... It's close and in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. When I returned, I was welcomed back with warm hellos and a quiet room. I was not disturbed by outside noises at all and was very comfortable for the rest of my stay. The morning buffet was perfect and had quite a selection and variety for everyone. When I was ready to leave, I called the number that Noah gave me and went down about 5 minutes later... my car was just pulling up. I would come back here in a heartbeat - thank you all for taking the extra minute to read my special request and for making my stay that much more comfortable and hassle-free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Michellenalex,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you had a wonderful experience while staying at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests. I was also glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while in town for a Lasik procedure. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the pleasant and helpful staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during my recent trip and it was great. Close to the red line subway and Michigan Ave. The Art institute and the Bean are a short taxi ride away. They have complimentary breakfast and some dinners which are nice to have. The restaurants within walking distance are great too. Overall a good deal!

• Stayed November 2012
Breegreenly,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was happy to see that you had a great experience while staying with us at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the location of the hotel and many of the amenities we offer. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Waynes Fort, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here a few weeks ago and found the staff friendly and the room excellent. television is a tad short on channels but otherwise the stay was good. The valet attendants were extremely friendly and helpful as were the desk staff with smooth check-in. The only downside is turkey sausage is nothing I ever want to try again and was a bit of a surprise. The location is another plus with proximity to many good restaurants, stores, and activities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Doug12345bb,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family had an excellent experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the many sights downtown Chicago has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We picked this hotel due to the location near magnificent mile, and it was a convenient location. Many restaurants and shopping areas. It was expensive for the condition of the room. The bathroom was clean but needs updated. There were three of us and the mirror/vanity area was extremely small, only one person could use it at a time. One person tried to use the mirrored closet doors but they came off the track. The pull out sofa for the third person was uncomfortable and we had to pay 10.00 extra. Why? Overall the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again due to location.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Yarnluv,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I would like to apologize for the uncomfortable night sleep you had on the sofa-bed. If you choose to stay at our hotel again in the future, I would be happy to place a sofa-bed topper in your room along with an extra mirror.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel while visiting downtown Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the very pleasant staff. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you the next time you visit Chicago.

Porto Alegre, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is very good and is very well located .. The rooms are very good and the staff is very prestativo.Este hotel is great for a family trip. Breakfast and dinner are included in the rate. At dinner you can have both beer and good quality wines for free. We recommend

Room Tip: Family trip
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ricardo057,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you had a great time while staying at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer such as breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel has a nice location, close to metro, clean, extremely nice staff (make you feel at home).
Room was confortable not sure if you could stay with a family but good for up to 3 people I guess.
Breakfast was convenient and good.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gabymassiel,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the extremely nice staff; I will pass your compliments along to the entire team. Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to helping you feel at home the next time you are in town.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have never written a hotel review before this one. The level of service at this particular location has compelled me to do so today. I attend a major trade show in Chicago every other year and have done so for many years. In the past through the housing department at the show, I have been able to stay at various locations in the downtown Chicago area. After staying at the Homewood Suites the first time, it has been my hotel of choice ever since.

Many fine restaurants as well as a grocery store are in easy walking distance from the hotel. I recently completed my longest stay ever, 11 days and got to interact with a wide number of hotel employees. All of the employees from the reservation desk to the cook and wait staff, constantly provide a cheerful smile and an offer of being at my service.

I would like to send a special thanks to Amer Anail and the rest of the front door crew. Above and beyond the call of duty does not begin to scratch the surface in describing the level of service that I received from Amer.

It is because of the dedication of employees like Amer that I will continue to select Homewood Suites as my hotel of choice whenever I am in Chicago.

Go Bears!

Regards,

Bryan Baker

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Bryan B,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. What an honor: your first review of a hotel was of Homewood Suites. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. I was also glad to see that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while in town on business. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the cheerful and helpful staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!