“Excellent Hotel & Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Downtown Parking!
Ranked #31 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Waynes Fort, IN
“Excellent Hotel & Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here a few weeks ago and found the staff friendly and the room excellent. television is a tad short on channels but otherwise the stay was good. The valet attendants were extremely friendly and helpful as were the desk staff with smooth check-in. The only downside is turkey sausage is nothing I ever want to try again and was a bit of a surprise. The location is another plus with proximity to many good restaurants, stores, and activities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Doug12345bb,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family had an excellent experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the many sights downtown Chicago has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

1,453 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Polish first
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We picked this hotel due to the location near magnificent mile, and it was a convenient location. Many restaurants and shopping areas. It was expensive for the condition of the room. The bathroom was clean but needs updated. There were three of us and the mirror/vanity area was extremely small, only one person could use it at a time. One person tried to use the mirrored closet doors but they came off the track. The pull out sofa for the third person was uncomfortable and we had to pay 10.00 extra. Why? Overall the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again due to location.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Yarnluv,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I would like to apologize for the uncomfortable night sleep you had on the sofa-bed. If you choose to stay at our hotel again in the future, I would be happy to place a sofa-bed topper in your room along with an extra mirror.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel while visiting downtown Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the very pleasant staff. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you the next time you visit Chicago.

Porto Alegre, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is very good and is very well located .. The rooms are very good and the staff is very prestativo.Este hotel is great for a family trip. Breakfast and dinner are included in the rate. At dinner you can have both beer and good quality wines for free. We recommend

Room Tip: Family trip
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ricardo057,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you had a great time while staying at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer such as breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel has a nice location, close to metro, clean, extremely nice staff (make you feel at home).
Room was confortable not sure if you could stay with a family but good for up to 3 people I guess.
Breakfast was convenient and good.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gabymassiel,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the extremely nice staff; I will pass your compliments along to the entire team. Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to helping you feel at home the next time you are in town.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have never written a hotel review before this one. The level of service at this particular location has compelled me to do so today. I attend a major trade show in Chicago every other year and have done so for many years. In the past through the housing department at the show, I have been able to stay at various locations in the downtown Chicago area. After staying at the Homewood Suites the first time, it has been my hotel of choice ever since.

Many fine restaurants as well as a grocery store are in easy walking distance from the hotel. I recently completed my longest stay ever, 11 days and got to interact with a wide number of hotel employees. All of the employees from the reservation desk to the cook and wait staff, constantly provide a cheerful smile and an offer of being at my service.

I would like to send a special thanks to Amer Anail and the rest of the front door crew. Above and beyond the call of duty does not begin to scratch the surface in describing the level of service that I received from Amer.

It is because of the dedication of employees like Amer that I will continue to select Homewood Suites as my hotel of choice whenever I am in Chicago.

Go Bears!

Regards,

Bryan Baker

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Bryan B,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. What an honor: your first review of a hotel was of Homewood Suites. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. I was also glad to see that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while in town on business. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the cheerful and helpful staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here in June with 2 adults and 2 kids - the rooms were spacious enough that we didn't feel cramped, but it is one of the smaller Homewood Suites that I've stayed at. Negatives: The staff was only somewhat helpful, the elevators are slow and parking is expensive. Positives: you can walk to tons of downtown locations, the price was reasonable, and breakfast was great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hannahtx,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I would like to start out by apologizing for the inconvenience elevators created for you; the issue has been resolved.

I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed the breakfast. I was also glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the many sites downtown Chicago has to offer. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Carmel, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our downtown stay here was comfortable, affordable and non-intimidating. The valets, bellhops, concierge, desk reps and other staff were very friendly and receptive to our family of four, obviously rolling in directly from suburbia and packed with all sorts of impractical, non-urban kid accoutrements. The suite was certainly the largest room I have ever had in downtown Chicago. The location of the hotel was perfect: closest to shopping and pizzerias but easily walkable to the lakeshore, theaters, bars and museums. The pool was warm, good-sized, stocked with toys & had a panoramic view. Exercise room included both aerobic & weights. Last but not least we weren't nickeled and dimed to death as happens so often on big city vacations. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianatrails,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. Our Assistant General Manager was extremely happy when she heard that you used the pool toys; it was because she purchased the items for the pool. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the staff and for highly recommending our hotel. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!