“Fantastic hotel in a fabulous location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

You added Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 North Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Wyndham Chicago) (Streeterville)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Room For Hope
Ranked #22 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic hotel in a fabulous location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Chicago where we stayed at the Hyatt Magnificent Mile. We absolutely loved the hotel and would definitely return again when visiting Chicago. First, the location was excellent. Only one block off of Michigan avenue - very convenient for walking to restaurants and shops and also down to the water (Navy Pier isn't far away).

The hotel itself was spotless - common areas and rooms were very clean and well maintained. Everything felt brand new. The room we ended up with (corner king) was massive.

The staff were also fantastic (concierge, front desk and bell men). We were travelling with a very young baby and the staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful. They went out of their way to help us make arrangements for restaurants, get a crib in the room promptly etc.

Loved this hotel and recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: The corner king room was huge and was fantastic for travelling with a baby (extra room for the crib...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Ederveen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As the name states this hotel is really down-town Chicago, so it is not a cheap stay. That being said the hotel is actually really good. The rooms are very spacious, so is the bathroom. Nice large flatscreen TV and very large beds. Only thing I would say is that the rooms are a little dark, little more light could be added.

Breakfast was really good and wifi was pretty fast and the basic version for free.

If you are looking for a good stay in the city centre of Chicago this is a very good place to go.

I would stay here again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This Hyatt is on a very good and central location.The rooms are modern and clean. The bathroom's are ok, I missing a real shower, not in a bath tube.
The lobby is on the second floor and big. When you are noise sensitive there could be several times thru the night ambulances driving in front of the hotel, the hospital is just across.
Overall a good business and tourist hotel with a good customer service.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I went for a little getaway for a belated anniversary trip. We go to Chicago at least twice a year. I use hotwire.com every time. This time they gave us the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile. What a great hotel! When we checked in I told they person it was an anniversary trip and asked if we could get a free upgrade and she gave it to us. It never hurts to ask for a free upgrade, the worst they could say is no. Our room was gorgeous, she upgraded us to a junior suite which was a corner room at the end of the hall. It was beautiful! The bed was so comfy, we had a sectional couch , we had a 60 inch TV which had an awesome picture. It was perfect. The location of the hotel was one block from Michigan Avenue in a great area. The hotel staff was awesome. I read in a recent review that someone didn't like having to go up a floor for the lobby of the hotel, to me it was more secure doing it that way. My husband went on to parkingwhiz.com and we only paid 22.00 a night for parking where the hotel wanted 63.00 a night. The parking garage was only 2 blocks away. Well worth going online. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is very busy with bars and restaurants within the foyer. Excellent service from reception staff to the room attendants. Food in the restaurant within the foyer was good and at a reasonable price. Had problem with people in the room adjoins us having a party til early hours, asked to be moved and the was accommodated immediately. Very close to most attractions well worth considering this hotel for a city break.

Room Tip: Choose a room as high as possible to keep the city noise down.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Western MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hyatt Magnificent Mile for 2 nights for a conference. The hotel is beautiful - sleek and sophisticated. The public and conference areas were very nice, and my room was wonderful. I was up on the 16th floor and it was quiet, despite being close to the elevators. The staff was courteous and helpful. My only very minor note was that the room seemed a bit dim. There was lots of task lighting, but not much ambient light, so I had to turn on a lot of light fixtures to brighten up the space. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and I want to buy one of their pillows for home.

The hotel seems to be right in the heart of the Magnificent Mile. Just a short walk in any direction gets you to shops, boutiques, restaurants and bars. So much to see and do, just outside the door!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've stayed in my fair share of hotels in Chicago and this one is top-ranked. Location is fantastic with shopping, restaurants and businesses nearby. The bellman made themselves known and were helpful with bags, taxis and directions. The front desk greeted me with smiles and were prompt and efficient during check in and checkout. The rooms were clean and modern - not the largest but the design worked well. All personnel encountered were friendly and helpful, which is hard to find recently. There is no preferred member floor or hospitality room.

I liked that I had a personal email prior to my stay asking if I needed anything as well as a followup email after the stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!