“Unbeatable Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

You added Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 North Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Wyndham Chicago)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
San Jose, CA
“Unbeatable Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights while attending a conference and thoroughly enjoyed the property. The room was spacious and clean. The lobby and bar were large and comfortable. We did not use the on site restaurant due to the fact that there is a multitude of coffee shops, donut shops, restaurants and bars within a 10 minute walk in any direction. While this stay was for business the rates are so reasonable I would stay here for a family visit to Chicago as well.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I really liked this hotel. I booked it through Hotwire, and by reading the Hotwire reviews I was able to figure out it was this hotel before I booked it. I liked the fact that there are two separate sets of elevators. One gets you to the lobby, the other gets you to your room. I'm a big fan of hotel bars, and this one did not disappoint. Simple, but classy. Our room was basic, but in a good way. We stay near the Magnificent Mile a few times a year and have never stayed in the same hotel twice. This one was my favorite so far.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed here relatively frequently due to its proximity to my company's Chicago office. The hotel itself is a nice renovation - lots of brown, but that's a matter of taste. Rooms and beds are nice and spacious. As others have said, best to ask for a room on opposite side of hotel from hospital.

One serious concern is that the last three times I have stayed here, I have checked in using only my name and credit card. No one at the front desk has ever asked me to show any sort of photo identification whatsoever. On my previous stay, I had lost my room key, and the desk clerk helpfully made one up for me immediately after I just gave her my name and room number. While I've stayed here a few times, I'm certainly not here often enough that the front desk staff would recognize me on site. I've left a couple of messages for the manager about the situation, but they've never returned my calls, so I assume this isn't a priority for them. I'll continue to stay here because it's close, and I'm aware of the lax approach to security so I keep my door locked and don't leave valuables in the room, but anyone concerned about safety should probably pick another hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We've recently stayed at this Hyatt location twice in the past few months - once as a couple and once with our 2 kids. We, honestly, chose this one only because my favorite Chicago Hyatt on Wacker was sold out. My husband is a diamond member with Hyatt, so we were given an upgrade to a really nice suite. However, IMO, this hotel is not the most ideal for a couple's weekend if you enjoy having a "happening" lobby/bar area, as the Hyatt on Wacker offers. Also, our hotel room faced the hospital, and although they supplied ear plugs, it was not the most restful at night/early morning. The ER must have been busy that weekend. That aside, the hotel is very nice with very nice service, good breakfast buffet in the morning and a great location for shopping on Michigan Avenue.

We also stayed there with our 2 sons over Thanksgiving weekend. We booked the suite this time, which provided a pull-out couch in a separate, huge living room, allowing for quite a bit of privacy for the two of us. Bathroom was nice and big, and this time, our room was not facing the hospital - we knew to request this! The kids enjoyed the buffet, and the low-key lobby bar was perfect for allowing the to sit with us, and some in-town family, a while to watch the Blackhawks game on a Saturday night, where as I may not have felt as comfortable with them hanging out in the lobby bar area at the Wacker Hyatt at 9pm on a Saturday night.

As we are Hyatt loyalists and the location is good, I'm sure we will consider a future stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the hospital - esp. on weekend when ER seems to be more active at night!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My time here was spent because I had a family member at the hospital. This was a perfect place to stay as it was literally across the street. The hotel has been remodeled in the not so distant past and it showed. The lobby was modern and urban. The rooms were also spacious, clean, modern and felt brand new. The only thing I didn't love was you have to go through the restaurant/bar to get to the elevators to the room but this was truly minor and outweighed completely by the convenience of the location and updated, clean rooms. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs or noisemaker if you are a sensitive sleeper. With the hospital right there you will...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, yesterday
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is very proud of our partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Our close proximity to the hospital makes it easy for families or friends of patients in the hospital to travel back and forth to see their loved ones. We also have special discounted rates for those going to/from Northwestern Hospital as well as Northwestern University, the Rehabiliation Institute of Chicago and Lurie Children's Hospital, all of which are within walking distance of our property. Our recent renovations made the hotel even more attractive which you found out for yourself! Thank you for your recommendations!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We visited chicago for the first time and stayed at the Hyatt Magnificent Mile. Our stay was very much enjoyed! From the vallet to the hotel staff we were treated great and they were very helpful with how to spend our trip. The hotel itself is located just 1 block from Michigan ave and has off the street parking. We upgraded from a standard room to the corner suite on the fifteenth floor and it proved to be a great move. The room was huge and very clean, and the views were awesome! I would recommend staying here weather on buisness or pleasure.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Your 5 star review of our 4 diamond property made my day! The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile appreciates that you have taken the time to write such a magnificent review. Everyone loves our corner king rooms. As you know, each corner king is 550-square-feet and has been completely renovated with one king bed, pull-out sofa, oversized bathroom and a 55” flat panel LCD HDTV. What more could anyone ask for! Glad to hear that you would recommend us to your business associates as well as family and friends. Thank you again!

St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I couldn't ask for a better location for a hotel in Chicago. Right in the heart of downtown and walking distance to many wonderful sights and restaurants. The staff were exceptionally friendly and also helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile about your recent stay. Your acknowledgment of our friendly and helpful staff was a joy to read! Old fashioned customer service and good hospitality never go out of style and we hope that you will think of us as your "home away from home" when traveling to Chicago! Come see us again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!