“Perfect Place to Stay for NWM Hospital” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

You added Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 North Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Wyndham Chicago)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Place to Stay for NWM Hospital”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My time here was spent because I had a family member at the hospital. This was a perfect place to stay as it was literally across the street. The hotel has been remodeled in the not so distant past and it showed. The lobby was modern and urban. The rooms were also spacious, clean, modern and felt brand new. The only thing I didn't love was you have to go through the restaurant/bar to get to the elevators to the room but this was truly minor and outweighed completely by the convenience of the location and updated, clean rooms. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs or noisemaker if you are a sensitive sleeper. With the hospital right there you will...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited chicago for the first time and stayed at the Hyatt Magnificent Mile. Our stay was very much enjoyed! From the vallet to the hotel staff we were treated great and they were very helpful with how to spend our trip. The hotel itself is located just 1 block from Michigan ave and has off the street parking. We upgraded from a standard room to the corner suite on the fifteenth floor and it proved to be a great move. The room was huge and very clean, and the views were awesome! I would recommend staying here weather on buisness or pleasure.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I couldn't ask for a better location for a hotel in Chicago. Right in the heart of downtown and walking distance to many wonderful sights and restaurants. The staff were exceptionally friendly and also helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We loved this hotel. Our corner king room was fantastic, well appointed, great view and wonderful amenities. The lobby is beautiful and the service was superb. Our only issue was a group of 4 rooms in the hallway with us being very loud at 3am. I had to call security twice to take care of the issue. If I have to call once, I wish they would follow up and make sure it isn't happening again. I never saw security arrive or heard them, but they might have made an appearance. That said it didn't keep it from happening again again and again. Doors slamming and loud conversation in the halls. Please if someone complains that time of the morning, have someone monitor the area for more than 2 mins.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

excellent concierge services! they were very helpful and extremely
good at following up your interests. Excellent location good restaurants
Approachable staff and restaurants are average. Eat outside on the mile road

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Had I reviewed this hotel during my stay, I would have gladly rated it 5 stars. Our experiences with the staff during the stay were entirely positive, the room was wonderful, the location perfect. Our weekend in Chicago was truly a memorable one.

I hate to lower a rating because of things that have happened after our stay, but I feel obligated to warn people about prepaying for a room here. I have prepaid for rooms at numerous hotels and never had an issue with being double charged. I booked and paid for two rooms through the hotel website in December. This was no problem. After checkout, the card I provided at the hotel was charged for incidentals (an $80 charge that I approved) but also for the room rate I had prepaid (I did not approve this). I called to get it resolved and was unable to do so. I only received a refund after taking a survey and commenting that this had happened. My original card was refunded. All was well. Now, a week later, the second card I used (at checkout for incidentals) has been refunded, while my original card has been charged again. The second room I booked was refunded for one night and then charged again (why?!?!). They don't owe me any money at this point but these are unauthorized charges to my cards. I wouldn't care so much if it were only a small sum of money, but we are talking nearly 500 dollars being refunded and recharged multiple times. I, like most people, use my credit cards for other things and don't appreciate now having to worry that this hotel is going to be putting $500 in extra charges on my card without my knowledge. As a college student, my finances aren't as flexible as I would like them to be.

I have never had an issue like this at any other hotel. Other reviewers seem to have had similar problems, so it's clear that there is some sort of issue with their system. I'm so annoyed at this point that I might reconsider ever staying at another Hyatt.

• Stayed January 2015
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We book thousands of reservations each month and sometimes, on rare occasions, we slip, and disappoint not just a guest, but ourselves. For this, we do apologize. After speaking with our front desk supervisor, I learned that this issue has been corrected. If you would be inclined to give us another chance, we are confident that you will be pleased with your stay. In the meantime, I have shared your review with the management committee so that we can improve our service going forward.

Warmest regards,
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
M.J. Butler
Guest Relations Manager
No City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is a block away from Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Valet parking at the door (for $63, but what are you to do in downtown Chicago?) We arrived around 1:00 pm, and check-in want until 3:00. We expected to check our bags before we went walking around, but instead we were able to check in 2 hours early! That was a big surprise. Asked for a city view room. They told us they weren't known for city views, just location, but have us a room on the top floor (17). Basic 2 queen room with a very large TV. Large window that we could see Michigan Ave from. Hotel is a few blocks from Water tower place (7 story mall that hosts American Girl, Lego store and many others). Millennium Park is .8 miles away as well. Pool and hot tub were small but adequate. Exercise room is awesome. Hotel had Starbucks in lobby. Many restaurants around close proximity to hotel. Beds could have been more comfortable, but overall was a wonderful experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very patient in answering questions. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We thank you for your feedback of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile on TripAdvisor. Whenever we can, guests can check in upon arrival providing their room is ready even if it before the 3:00 pm check in time. If the rooms are not ready, you can just leave your luggage with the bellmen and have something to eat or drink at our Level Two Restaurant or maybe start your visit to our city by checking out the local attractions. We do our best to make you feel right at home. I was glad to hear that you thought the fitness center was awesome because we recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation and we now have state-of-the-art exercise machines, weights, etc. Thank you for recommendation to your friends and family!

Warmest regards,
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
M.J. Butler
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!