“I would and will stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 North Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Wyndham Chicago)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #18 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Berkeley Lake, Ga
“I would and will stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed a couple of other places in this area and I would rate this as my best experience so far. Best value and great location. We were able to comfortably walk to Daley center and Navy Pier from here. Our king suite was very clean and modern. Taking the elevator to the lobby and then another elevator to our room provided an extra layer of security. The staff was always visible, friendly and helpful. The noise level was about the same as any other in this area, unless you have never stayed in the city before you wouldn't be surprised. The only thing I would say is the towels were not very high quality or needed updating. Worst of all the Corner Bakery right outside the front door kept calling my name every night. My teen was happy about the Starbucks on the first floor and huge tv in our sitting area in our room.

Room Tip: The higher floors might be quieter and ask for away from ER entrance as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location with easy walk to most of downtown, awesome rooms (very clean and up to date decor) and the best customer service I have ever experienced in a large scale hotel - and most boutique hotels!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Toronto, ON, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great Location, clean hotel. Its right in the heart of Magnificent Mile of Chicago. The only thing I did not like was you had to take two different elevators to get out to main street. The got rid of the stairs in order to put a Starbucks in. But it was good thinking on their part.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great location. One block off from Michigan Avenue, aka. Magnificent Mile. Walking distance to Navy Pier, Taste of Chicago (summer only), and excellent shopping. Service at the hotel is very good. Staff is very eager to please. Concierge got us great last minute tickets to a Second City show. There's also a Starbucks in the lobby, for those people who can't do without their caffeine fix. Room was a good size, clean and comfortable, although bathroom could do with some updating. Dislike shower in tub with shower curtains. Much prefer glassed-in shower stall, although that's a personal preference. Did not eat any meals at the hotel, so can't comment on any of the restaurants.

Room Tip: An upper floor is always a good thing. Better view, less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 2 days ago
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is passionate about making our guests' Chicago hotel experience enjoyable in every way. Our hotel team and Concierge will pamper you with hospitality, impeccable service and an inviting atmosphere where you can lounge, connect, rejuvenate, dine and sip. With a fresh, contemporary design, our re-invented metro hotel offers wonderful dining, state of the art fitness center and completely renovated bedrooms so you can work and rest in comfort. All of this combined with our great location makes us very sought after by travelers to Chicago. We hope to see you again soon!

Kendallville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hyatt on Mag mile provided us with outstanding service during our recent stay for a business conference! It is a great location just off Michigan avenue near the Crate and Barrel store. It is near the Hospital which can be a cause for some sirens and noise so like in all cities if you want a quiet room go without a view and if you don't mind the noise than go for the view! We had great drinks at the bar in the hotel when we arrived late and enjoyed being able to walk to everything. The food provided at the conference by the hotel was by far some of the best hotel catered food I have had which is a nice bonus when attending many business meetings throughout the year! Parking is expensive but it is everywhere downtown! I would definitely recommend this hotel as a good value in downtown Chicago!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
At Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile we pride ourselves in serving food that is thoughtfully sourced and carefully served using only the freshest ingredients inspired with local flavor. Our banquet staff is commited to serving exceptional meals tailored to our guests individual needs. We can add the perfect touch to your business conference, banquet or celebratory event with a memorable meal prepared by our innovative catering staff. Our Chicago hotel catering is filled with exciting options to make your special event one to remember and it sounds like you were able to experience this for yourself while you were here. We hope you will recommend us to your friends and family!

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in a very nice suite, but there was one thing that keeps this hotel from getting a higher rating. Reserving the room was easy and the room was ready for me even though I arrived early. Both positives! The suite was really large with a big living area and nice bedroom. I was on the 5th floor so the view was pretty much looking at other buildings. This hotel is very close to a hospital so you need to be ready for some noise....sirens at all hours. Truly, that did not bother me as I live on a very busy street...so it was nothing new. The real issue was a noise that I still haven't figured out. About 1 am, I heard a loud "clunk." To me it sounded like it came from the hall so I looked out and saw absolutely nothing. Okay - maybe someone upstairs dropped something....no big deal. but then the same noise kept happening at approximately 30 minute intervals. I think it ended at about 6 or 6:30 am. Due to this noise it was almost impossible to sleep. Every time I would start to nod off...."CLUNK." Then I was wide awake again. I have no idea what the noise was but it was really loud and certainly woke you up quickly. I guess I should have called the front desk to ask for another room...but frankly, by the time it happened a few times, I just didn't care anymore. If it wasn't for that clunking, I'd give this place 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us this feedback. Our suites have been very well received by families coming to visit the hotel. Each 735 square foot executive king suite gives our guests plenty of room. Our apologies that you were disappointed in some way. We will definitely keep your review in mind as we continue to improve and will look into this. We do everything we can to ensure that our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us. Have a wonderful summer season!

Bielefeld, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nice hotel near magnificent mile. Restaurants and shops are nearby. The rooms are large and very clean. The price with 179$ was quite good for this area of town. It was just a little bit strange to me to take an elevator to the reception level and another elevator to the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is an ideal location for a vacation with the whole family. Chicago is a very family-friendly destination and a multitude of indoor and outdoor activities can be found throughout the city. The hotel caters to children in a variety of ways. Our warm, indoor pool is the perfect place to kick back and relax with the kids after a long flight. Level Two restaurant has also created a special, delicious children’s menu, guaranteed to delight your little one. Our Concierge Team has recommendations based on what type of Chicagoland adventure you’re looking. They can begin planning your visit even before you get here so make sure to come back!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!