“Convenience and Comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 North Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Wyndham Chicago)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #18 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Boston, Massachusetts
“Convenience and Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location. One block off from Michigan Avenue, aka. Magnificent Mile. Walking distance to Navy Pier, Taste of Chicago (summer only), and excellent shopping. Service at the hotel is very good. Staff is very eager to please. Concierge got us great last minute tickets to a Second City show. There's also a Starbucks in the lobby, for those people who can't do without their caffeine fix. Room was a good size, clean and comfortable, although bathroom could do with some updating. Dislike shower in tub with shower curtains. Much prefer glassed-in shower stall, although that's a personal preference. Did not eat any meals at the hotel, so can't comment on any of the restaurants.

Room Tip: An upper floor is always a good thing. Better view, less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, yesterday
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is passionate about making our guests' Chicago hotel experience enjoyable in every way. Our hotel team and Concierge will pamper you with hospitality, impeccable service and an inviting atmosphere where you can lounge, connect, rejuvenate, dine and sip. With a fresh, contemporary design, our re-invented metro hotel offers wonderful dining, state of the art fitness center and completely renovated bedrooms so you can work and rest in comfort. All of this combined with our great location makes us very sought after by travelers to Chicago. We hope to see you again soon!

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Kendallville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Hyatt on Mag mile provided us with outstanding service during our recent stay for a business conference! It is a great location just off Michigan avenue near the Crate and Barrel store. It is near the Hospital which can be a cause for some sirens and noise so like in all cities if you want a quiet room go without a view and if you don't mind the noise than go for the view! We had great drinks at the bar in the hotel when we arrived late and enjoyed being able to walk to everything. The food provided at the conference by the hotel was by far some of the best hotel catered food I have had which is a nice bonus when attending many business meetings throughout the year! Parking is expensive but it is everywhere downtown! I would definitely recommend this hotel as a good value in downtown Chicago!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
At Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile we pride ourselves in serving food that is thoughtfully sourced and carefully served using only the freshest ingredients inspired with local flavor. Our banquet staff is commited to serving exceptional meals tailored to our guests individual needs. We can add the perfect touch to your business conference, banquet or celebratory event with a memorable meal prepared by our innovative catering staff. Our Chicago hotel catering is filled with exciting options to make your special event one to remember and it sounds like you were able to experience this for yourself while you were here. We hope you will recommend us to your friends and family!

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in a very nice suite, but there was one thing that keeps this hotel from getting a higher rating. Reserving the room was easy and the room was ready for me even though I arrived early. Both positives! The suite was really large with a big living area and nice bedroom. I was on the 5th floor so the view was pretty much looking at other buildings. This hotel is very close to a hospital so you need to be ready for some noise....sirens at all hours. Truly, that did not bother me as I live on a very busy street...so it was nothing new. The real issue was a noise that I still haven't figured out. About 1 am, I heard a loud "clunk." To me it sounded like it came from the hall so I looked out and saw absolutely nothing. Okay - maybe someone upstairs dropped something....no big deal. but then the same noise kept happening at approximately 30 minute intervals. I think it ended at about 6 or 6:30 am. Due to this noise it was almost impossible to sleep. Every time I would start to nod off...."CLUNK." Then I was wide awake again. I have no idea what the noise was but it was really loud and certainly woke you up quickly. I guess I should have called the front desk to ask for another room...but frankly, by the time it happened a few times, I just didn't care anymore. If it wasn't for that clunking, I'd give this place 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us this feedback. Our suites have been very well received by families coming to visit the hotel. Each 735 square foot executive king suite gives our guests plenty of room. Our apologies that you were disappointed in some way. We will definitely keep your review in mind as we continue to improve and will look into this. We do everything we can to ensure that our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us. Have a wonderful summer season!

Bielefeld, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice hotel near magnificent mile. Restaurants and shops are nearby. The rooms are large and very clean. The price with 179$ was quite good for this area of town. It was just a little bit strange to me to take an elevator to the reception level and another elevator to the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is an ideal location for a vacation with the whole family. Chicago is a very family-friendly destination and a multitude of indoor and outdoor activities can be found throughout the city. The hotel caters to children in a variety of ways. Our warm, indoor pool is the perfect place to kick back and relax with the kids after a long flight. Level Two restaurant has also created a special, delicious children’s menu, guaranteed to delight your little one. Our Concierge Team has recommendations based on what type of Chicagoland adventure you’re looking. They can begin planning your visit even before you get here so make sure to come back!

LaSalle,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Clean, friendly, courteous, helpful staff made our stay in Chicago more enjoyable. Close to the Magnificent Mile and other areas that interested us, many restaurants near the hotel also. Will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Five Star Service is what we love to hear! The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is proud of each and every employee because we know that they want to make each and every guest feel that this is their "home away from home" while they are here. Our downtown hotel is in the heart of the action, just steps from Michigan Avenue shopping, acclaimed museums such as the Museum of Contemporary Art, summer festivals, iconic Chicago attractions, and Chicago’s tastiest cuisine. Shoppers, foodies and sports fans will find themselves in heaven when visiting Chicago as I am sure you and your family found out while you were here. We look forward to your next visit!

dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here in July for a little getaway with our two kids and were delighted with the location and amenities. Recently updated everything and beautifully so. Spacious, quiet rooms with a large bathroom. Two great Italian restaurants within less than a block as well as grocery stores and the best of Chicago.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is centrally located in downtown Chicago in the Streeterville area of the city. Streeterville is a popular neighborhood among visitors to Chicago, in that it has museums, theater, shopping, dining and entertainment all in one place including one of the best-known museums in Chicago, the Museum of Contemporary Art. The MCA holds over 6,000 objects of art in all media and genres, including paintings, sculptures, photographs, videos, film and performance pieces. The building itself is impressive, with a view of Lake Michigan and a beautiful outdoor sculpture garden. Another major Streeterville attraction is The Chicago Shakespeare Theater, which was founded in 1986 and moved to Navy Pier in 1999. We have so much to offer. Thank you for your wonderful review and come back with the family again soon!

Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I spent a night here while attending a meeting. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel, although it just misses getting my fifth star, which I reserve for perfection. On the positive side, the location is really great for getting to the Miracle Mile, Millennium Park, the Theater District, Navy Pier and really anywhere you want to go. I was given a high room on the 18th floor and had a great view of the waterfront where I could see the fireworks at night. The staff was friendly and the check in was a snap. The room was modern and updated with an interesting configuration with the desk between the headboard of the bed and the window. I actually liked it.

The downsides are fairly trivial. I thought the TV was very difficult to use as it defaulted to the pay movie commercials and kept skipping back to that. The internet was OK but not the fastest and you have to pay for the higher speeds. Parking was expensive. I was in the West Tower, so you have to cross the skybridge and take a separate set of elevators.

I left something in my room when I Checked out. I came back a few hours later and totally got the run-around in trying to locate the lost and found. Finally, one of the desk staff just picked up the phone and handed it to me to leave a message for the lost and found, promising that they would get back to me within 24 hours. They never did. I called back and got nothing. Luckily the thing I lost was only worth $30. Good luck if you lose anything really valuable.

The bar and restaurant are good and the huge lobby area is pretty cool. I think a lot of people miss that there is a sublevel with shops and stores. There is a pharmacy across the street to stock up if needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!