“Great Downtown Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 North Saint Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Wyndham Chicago)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #19 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Solvang, California
“Great Downtown Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Easy to get to from O'Hare and right downtown. Very close to great shopping on Michigan Avenue and close to some great restaurants. I had a conference at Northwestern Law School which was only a few blocks away. Nice hotel, but I had ordered a king room and got two queens; not a huge problem, but not what I thought I had reserved, It was on the top floor, so we had a view of the Chicago skyline. The only other issue was that we could hear the people in the room next door. While they were not terribly loud, it could be huge problem if the neighbors are a bit rowdy. Unlike other reviewers, our room was not on the hospital side - room 1705 - so no ambulance noise. Otherwise the staff was helpful, late checkout, and the bellmen were very courteous and helpful. Valet parking is a bit pricey at $61.00 per night, but it is Chicago and not necessarily out of line with other hotels.

Room Tip: Top floor (17) room 1705 - no street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
The location of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile in the downtown Chicago area makes us very sought after by travelers coming to our city. The close proximity to Michigan Avenue and the Magnificent Mile is a big plus for our guests as they are within walking distance to so many restaurants, bars and attractions. We are also happy that we are so close to Northwestern Law School, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Lurie Children's Hospital and the Rehabiliation Institute of Chicago, all of which we have special discounted rates for. Come see us again soon!

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had high expectations given we had a fantastic time at this hotel the year before. Decided on a repeat stay for a couple night family vacation. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, but unfortunately the accommodations did not match. First, when checking into the hotel we ended up with a room without working AC, after paying the bellhop to bring all of our bags to the room, I had to make several trips to the new room with working AC. After settling into the new room, we found that we had a bug/spider problem. We have 2 small kids and this resulted in sleepless nights when they would find a small bug crawling on the wall. Didn't bring it up to the staff because I had already called regarding the AC and didnt want to come across as high maintenance. Im sure they would have moved us again, but we just dealt with it. Unfortunate when you spend the money for a higher end hotel. What really upset me is after parking in valet at $61/night, our brand new car with less than a couple thousand miles had a big scratch down to the metal in the door. Only about an inch, but still very frustrating when you spend the money for someone to take care of your car, and we've hardly had time to break it in ourselves. All in all, I would recommend you shop carefully when you have many great options in the city. Would consider a repeat stay if traveling alone on business, but would never pay the money again for valet. (Valet manager seems to be making the effort to resolve our issue. Has asked for information, but not sure how this is going to get resolved).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Our hotel has recently undergone a $25 million dollar renovation. All 419 guest rooms, meeting and banquet space, lobby, indoor pool and fitness center have received a dramatic refurbishment in customer convenience, design and furnishings. As part of this transformation, the hotel has introduced a new, signature restaurant, Level 2, featuring contemporary American cuisine. While we are proud of the new designed property, we are thrilled with the many positive comments we have received about our staff. Friendly, helpful and professional is what we are all about! Glad you were able to experience this for yourself!

Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First Impressions: Very welcoming doormen, clean lobby, fast check-in, relaxing ambiance in the restaurant, very clean room, and nice touch with personalized welcome message when turning on the television for the first time.

Location: The hotel is conveniently located to many things. Taxi ride from Midway Airport took less than 30 minutes. The cost was about $30. I took a city tour via Gray Line. They picked me up right in front of the hotel. Magnificent Mile is located only a block away from the hotel. Lots of quality shopping and many restaurants to choose from - all within walking distance. Navy Pier and John Hancock Center/observation tower is also within walking distance. I was able to walk to Trader Joes to buy fresh fruit and veggies for my morning smoothie. My room had a mini fridge. I brought my own mini smoothie blender. Note that some Google maps shows Whole Foods near the hotel. It currently isn't open yet. Sign on building said opening in 2015.

Room: My room was very clean and spacious. I liked many of the features in the room - gave me some ideas about my own place, like the sliding bathroom door. Loud city noises like sirens could occasionally be heard on the 14th floor. I had family on the 17th floor who was annoyed by the sounds. It didn't bother me because I live in a condo in a downtown area so I am used to listening to the hustle and bustle of the city. Sounded like home. My family lives in the suburbs so it was different for them.

On-site restaurant: I really like the food in the restaurant. I also enjoyed the ambiance. It was a casual and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. I had lunch there on one of my days. I enjoyed watching a portion of the soccer game as I dined. There were many people dining, drinking, and watching the game. Everyone was so into it, even the staff. We all chatted with one another. Strangers enjoying their meals and having fun together - good times!

Overall: I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I return to the Windy City.

Room Tip: It is cheaper to stay during the week rather than the weekends.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Your 5-star review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile was a joy to read! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write about your recent stay. We are thrilled that you liked our new Level Two Restaurant & Lounge. We are getting rave reviews from our guests about the great food and service. Besides offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers and late night snacks, Level Two has recently added A Beverage Corner. This interactive activity will feature a rotating beverage class for all guests of the hotel or Level Two that are interested in participating and the best part is that it is free! Classes will be put on by one of our bartenders or managers and include: How to Make Cocktails, Craft Beer Sampling Classes and Wine Tasting Classes. Live music is also offered every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night from 5:30-7:30 pm in our lounge. We hope you can come back soon and join in the fun!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a girls reunion weekend and decided to book at this hotel. We booked 3 rooms so that we could shop and try out the local restuarants. The room was nice but the noise was loud. The hotel is located near an emergency room hospital. We heard ambulances thru the night and early in the day. If you book here, ask for a room on a high level. The most negative comment that I have is that the room never got cold. We had the temp at 65 and full fan but the room at night was warm. I really want a room at night to be colder (since the blankets, sheets, etc) are very heavy. The bathroom was a nice size and could accomadate a few of us at a time getting ready. We did not use the hotel bar as it was empty before and after dinner. It would have been nice to have a better scene. The location was nice that we could walk to shopping. When I return to Chicago, I will try another hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We are glad that you and your friends stayed with us for your girls reunion weekend. A girls night out or weekend is great time to catch with up with friends. Our one bedroom executive king suites are perfect for this type of special event. Your can escape the city in this 735-square-foot completely renovated suite appointed with one king bed, pull-out sofa, living area and oversized remodeled bathroom with large vanity. A well-lit desk allows our guests to work in comfort, while available high-speed wireless Internet access keeps visitors connected away from home. Two 46” flat panel LCD HDTVs allow multiple guests to enjoy different shows. We like to thing we have something for everyone!

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I sit here at 1230am in our dirty room writing this review. We chose the Hyatt among dozens of hotels around a 3 block radius... thinking as a global chain it is of international service standard. Boy were we wrong. basically woke up at 9am, left the room, returned at 2pm to a dirty room. Somehow housekeeping was nonexistent. We stayed in the room till about 6pm, and before heading out to dinner, specifically called housekeeping to PLEASE clean the room now. Returned at 12am to... voila... the room untouched again! It was completely unacceptable in our book. Have never stayed at a hotel where basic housekeeping wasn't even fulfilled. When we spoke to the overnight manager, she asked us to pack our stuff (at midnight!) if we want to move to a clean room. When we explained that it was late and we had belongings already unpacked around the room, she actually said "maybe it was too messy for housekeeping to clean..." yikes... And she was the manager in the "hospitality" industry...boy...

Surprisingly most Hyatts across the globe provide reliable high quality service ~ apparently this was the exception. Regret staying here especially when there are so many hotels to choose from in this city.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. I was truly distressed to read of the issues that occured during your stay. We would like to let you know this incident, by no means, reflects the experience that we strive to provide to our guests on a daily basis. Please accept our profuse apologies. If you would like to come back and try us again, I would be happy to make the reservation personally. Just contact me at execoffice.magmile@hyatt.com.

Melrose, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reasonably priced,convenient to Michigan Ave, Navy pier, The "L" and a zillion restaurants. The staff, particularly the concierges, were excellent. Rooms were clean and well kept. I'd highly recommend this Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Our heartfelt thanks at taking the time to put out a review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnifient Mile. I have let our concierge staff know that you were very pleased with the service you received. We continue to get rave reviews from our guests about how friendly, professional and hospitable our concierges are. Each of them wants to make our guests feel that they are having the best stay possible and they keep current on what is going on in Chicago so they can advise our guests. Please make sure to recommend us to your family and friends!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay was great. The service people were wonderful and very helpful. Dining was very good with very little wait time. The room was spacious and very clean. The location was convenient to the downtown area and its attractions and all types of transportation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Your 5-star review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile on TripAdvisor was a joy to read! We thank you for your excellent review and we certainly enjoyed having you here. Your comments have been shared with the Executive Team and everyone appreciated your very nice words which we will very happily communicate with our staff. Thank you for choosing us as your Chicago destination and have a wonderful summer season!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!