“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Lincoln Park

You added Inn at Lincoln Park to your Saves list
Inn at Lincoln Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Diversey Parkway, Chicago, IL 60614 (Formerly Comfort Inn) (Lincoln Park)   |
Ranked #126 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
beacon ny
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I arrived at the hotel expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. It is very dated but this also makes it a bit unique I think. Was it particularly clean? No. Did it have an odd smell? Yes. That being said it was very cheap and in a good location so I would actually recommend staying here as long as you don't expect much and are on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
innlp, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We really appreciate the time you took to write your review. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. We are located about one mile from downtown which makes us a great home base for exploring our wonderful city. Thank you for all of your comments. We hope to welcome you for a longer visit soon! Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here with my sister for a trip to Chicago- the room smelled musty, soaps in the bathroom had a odd smell. Very old hotel and need of some maintenance I would not stay here again- there other hotels in the area that are in better shape and still in a great location of Lincoln park

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
innlp, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting the Inn at Lincoln Park. We are so excited about our upcoming renovation to correct the issues that you had during your recent trip. We invite you to visit us again in the late spring or early summer. We will be addressing many issues that our guests have brought to our attention. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your visit. Thank you. Paul Schoonover, General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm sure in its day this was a beautiful hotel, but it is now very dated. Pink/purple tile in the bathroom with lots of cracks, bad spackling jobs for the toilet and sink, poor water pressure in the shower. The rooms are decent sized and the bed comfortable. It is in a good location if you want to stay in Lincoln Park area of Chicago, and reasonably priced. There is a daily continental breakfast offered until 10:30. Close to shopping, restaurants and public transportation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure that these problems are properly addressed. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Paul Schoonover, General Manager
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was ready to write a nice review of this hotel until I encountered a problem. Was ready to leave and pick up my car from the off-site parking area. They have a fairly complicated system for off-site parking which requires one to validate parking, drive out of the parking garage every day and re-enter. When I checked in and asked the staff if I would have to drive out and re-enter on my last day, since I was leaving, I was told 'no'. So imagine my surprise when I tried to do just that,
and was told I owed $45 from the automated machine. I had to run back to the hotel and ask for their assistance. They told me there was nothing they could do, accept refund the $15 I had already paid. They became very rude. I think for a small price ($30) on their part, they could have rectified this situation and made me a very happy customer. Instead, they decided to do nothing. It's one thing when staff is kind and helpful when all is going well, but I expect them to do the same when problems arise. I believe I was given incorrect information from one of the staff. There may have been a misunderstanding on my part, but it was a complicated and unclear, unwritten system.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered which did not live up to your expectations. Paul Schoonover, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We found this hotel ideal for what we wanted to do. Upon our arrival into Chicago, we were able to easily navigate our way to the hotel which had many different bars and restaurants in a close proximity.

The following day we walked from the hotel into the loop (only 10 stops from the train station, located just a few blocks away) visiting Lincoln Park Zoo and Navy Pier along the way.

Top hotel and I would definitely return again!

• Stayed October 2013
Wow !! We are so happy that you found us !! Yes we have the best combination of price, value and location without charging you a outrageous price. Thank you so much for staying with us and telling the world how " Awesome " we are. See you next time you are passing through. Paul Schoonover, General Manager
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you don't have to be downtown, this hotel is a good choice. The Lincoln Park area is pretty to walk in, well served with eateries and it has public transport for those who want to see the sights.

The rooms are older style, and a little tired. But they are clean and spacious, with the features all working. Free wifi and a complimentary breakfast are bonuses.

What made the place for me was the friendly and pleasant approach from the desk staff. They went out of their way to be helpful, and that created a positive feel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wonderful! We greatly appreciate this review and you sharing your experience. Reviews such as yours means a great deal and are greatly appreciated by our team members. I promise I will share it with all. Thank you for staying with us and please return again soon! Paul Schoonover, General Manager
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great location, but the service needs to perk-up!
The location is great; far away from the hustle-&-bustle of downtown and close to the relaxing Lincoln Park and the lakefront. Although some rooms may face a blank wall across the hotel’s parking area, the upmarket Lincoln park area is quiet and easy-going, and well-connected both by metro (which we did not use) and also city bus (No. 151 to Michigan avenue). The prices are very reasonable for the location. Starbucks, 7-11, and a Thai- and a Japanese-restaurant are nearby, and a Subway and Pizza-hut outlets are within walking distance. The famous Hema’s Kitchen Indian restaurant is around 1.6 miles.
The rooms are just adequate (we took a standard room) but have a LCD TV, though you may need to request in advance for coffee-maker (check), refrigerator (check) and microwave (which we could only get on the III day of our stay). The rooms are clean (though the AC in our room was somewhat antique and was in an urgent need of a silencer) and the cleaning staff is thorough. There were only 2 electrical outlets in the room, one of which already had the lamp and AC plugged in and the other refrigerator and TV; thus somewhat limiting our choices for charging the phones/tab and making coffee. Although free wi-fi is promised on the website, but the signal seems to be pretty weak, as it does not work in the lobby and a very weak signal was reaching a 1foot-by-1foot corner of our room (room # 302, probably same problem in #202 also); avoid these rooms. However, the 24-hour internet connection (free) in the lobby computer was a life-saver.
Free breakfast is included in the room-charges and is a great help for out-of-towners like us. The food on offer was adequate. There is no in-house room-service, which is outsourced to another establishment and takes 45 minutes (as per menu card, we did not utilize it).Be warned, that the sanitary staff is available only till 3 PM. The front staff is a cheery lot and very helpful with room arrangements and also other touristy information/requests. A large collection of tourist brochures in the lobby was a great help for us.

Room Tip: Avoid 302 and 202. Escalator makes a lot of shuddering noise, and rooms next to it are best avoided.